Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CAR] Jake Guentzel for 2025 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
and yet they’re letting a great player who they moved significant assets for walk because they don’t want to pay him what he deserves

So yeah, cheap

Carolina operates the way Carolina operates. Whether outsiders appreciate it or not. That’s how they operate.

They have their values and things of the sort.

Wouldn’t call it cheap, would call it the way of the Carolina.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'm sure TB will sign him. They must have been sure or very confident they will be able to do so to have made that trade.

I assume this means Stamkos will go elsewhere. Interested in seeing where he lands.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
You had to know with the moves yesterday, something like this was coming.
Of course, this is the first time in like 8 years Tampa has had cap space. Its just for me, I don't think Guentzel is the piece we should have been spending the money on. I would have loved to plug the Top 4 RHD position. But I am just some random fan.

Reactions: SnS

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Seems like a huge gut punch for Carolina. A 3rd in 2025 which is closer to a 4th given how Tampa should be next season feels meaningless when they're trying to get over the hump now. I figured there was no way Carolina would let him walk without throwing enough money at him to get him to sign.

Reactions: dukeofjive

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well with the cap going up why mess around with a million per and give him the 8 or 8,5 million for 8 years. Canes are the team to beat in the metro with the talent they will still retain with Jake. But it sends a message that ownership won't go the extra mile here to go for the cup. Pens were all in with Sid and Geno and Letang and MAF to win cups. Canes not sure now if D goes to NJ and Jake to TB if they have it in them to get there. GM went to Columbus for a reason.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
A 3rd is a steep price for negotiating rights here. I thought I saw 7th in a tweet.
I think the negotiating was done before the trade, and we may find out soon that so was the signing. Hence the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad