Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
ok lets take the argument about how good talbot is or isn't to the talbot thread so i can be left to enjoy how flat out awesome my team is :yo::yo::yo:

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Come on, that's BS.

Talbot is not elite and won't be elite unless he puts up a .920-ish SV% for at least 3 full seasons. He is ready for the next step, yes. That next step is to be a starting goaltender in the NHL. Nothing more.

I respect your opinion but my opinion is that he is just as good a goalie as the ones you consider to be elite. He just hasn't had a chance to be a full-time starter for 3 seasons. And no he wouldn't have that .920 if he played for some team like Buffalo but if he played on an elite team like us for 3 full seasons I'm confident he'd post around .920.

Let's take it to the Talbot thread though because I don't want the mods to be ******. This is the game thread after all not goal-tending thread.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I don't know why I venture to the main boards. Schneider a top 5 goalie in the league? Rangers would be lucky to get a third round pick for Talbot? Ugh my head hurts.

saltdancegift4jj7.gif

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the Habs scored as much as their fans whine they might actually have a chance at coming out of the East this year.

Holy **** that thread is a ****ing debacle :laugh:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm not gonna lie, there's alot of stupidity in that kreider thread on the main board. But some ranger fans are not making things any better by just replying with 3rd grade insults. Come on guys :facepalm:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This! Since he took the starting position the D was awful. Especially tonight and against the Ilse. His performance is just amazing.

What an exaggeration it was bad when he was giving up a ton of goals. Today it was awful but not before this in the last few games. You clearly have some agenda.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sell high this summer because he's hot but he's playing in front of a DOMINANT team. He was getting beat clean like a Rec league goalie just A few weeks ago.

Can't wait to get Hank back rested and ready to go

Hank is going to be HUNGRY to play... Hell Klein will too!!! Damn, we are so freaking stacked.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Someone want to bump that main board thread about how the Rangers purposely have a team of good looking guys?

Sather is probably in the closet. Looking good is the #1 prerequisite, regardless of how many goals you can score or assist on. You have to "look good" to "be good" on this team. Roflmao.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I'm not gonna lie, there's alot of stupidity in that kreider thread on the main board. But some ranger fans are not making things any better by just replying with 3rd grade insults. Come on guys :facepalm:

They don't want to entertain actual discussion, so why bother?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Ranger fans, keep an eye out for when an a Fishstick makes a dumb play. I want a Ranger fan making that thread on the main boards.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When you go into those threads, just show all the worked-up yokels that you honestly don't care, and take the high road. It infuriates those type of people more than if you actually engage with them, and you keep it within the rules. :)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This could be true, but do you at least see that currently he is playing better than any other elite goalie?

The word "elite" is being thrown around far too easily when it comes to judging players. Cam Talbot is not elite. He is playing great but unless he does this for a longer stretch, he is nothing more than a very, very reliable backup

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I haven't been around for as long as other but I feel like I used to be able to go on the main boards and actually have a non-bias hockey conversation with people in threads, now its like a ****ing middle school cafeteria in there... I try to go in and engage people and you just immediately get ****ing 5 keyboard warriors trying to pick a fight.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
What an exaggeration it was bad when he was giving up a ton of goals. Today it was awful but not before this in the last few games. You clearly have some agenda.

When he was allowing 3 goals per game, the D was even worse. Good thing is that we scored a lot.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Missed this game ironically enough due to flight delays coming back from Buffalo after I went to go see the game up there. 4 and a half hour delay.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I haven't been around for as long as other but I feel like I used to be able to go on the main boards and actually have a non-bias hockey conversation with people in threads, now its like a ****ing middle school cafeteria in there... I try to go in and engage people and you just immediately get ****ing 5 keyboard warriors trying to pick a fight.

I hardly post on the main board unless it's a Kreider thread.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sheppard needs another 3 games at least... that 4th line was directly responsible for both goals for tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad