Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
Dude I am in complete shock.

We have a ridiculous team on paper ..

The Zbad, Breadman, Kakko, Krav & TDA/TROUBS/FOXY PP ?!??

U F***IN' KIDDIN' ME?!

Never thought we'd get him in AND simultaneously BURN the whole Pisles franchise - a lot of people had them winning the sweepstakes. Boom.

ah yes, we now have:

a bad man
a bread man
a kappoccino man
a vital man
the Ant man
a troubled man
a foxy man

we're obviously destined for greatness at this point

Reactions: Rongomania

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

steve valiquette thinks we are now too euro-heavy...figured that would rustle some jimmies

Vally was rambling a bit there when pressed about his comment about the team being to Euro heavy. What raised my eyebrows was his very brutal assessment of Trouba only being a 3 or 4 defenseman. That greatly concerns me if that's the case. We potentially have another boat anchor in the making.

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Eventually there will be a Hughes/Kakko level prospect with enough internet irony poisoning to take #69. It'll probably be in like the next 5 years

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
You know I was not sold on this signing at all, but what's done is done. Now it's all about what happens from here.

I came away from listening to JD and Gort's today thinking these guys are on roll. Well, let em roll then.

Fox
Trouba
Kakko & what most consider a more than satisfactory draft class for '19.

and now Panarin

Plainly on paper at least the Rangers are far better than they were just a few short weeks ago.

Also, they mentioned their meeting with Panarin. From what I understood he walked in sat down and told them in no uncertain terms he " wanted to be in NY specifically as a Ranger", why that would be great, that it was important to him and he wanted to work with them to make it happen.

He just blew them all away and of course, they were pretty damn excited.

How do you say no to that? Pretty difficult to do IMHO.

I get that the Rangers track record with FA's is abysmal. Affirmative. I get that 100%.

I get that a rebuild in the conventional sense is supposed to follow a path this does not resemble.

But in decades of watching this team, I swear I have never seen the stars aligning the way they are now for this franchise.

Never. Ever. Seen this team so heavily stacked from the bottom with so many incredibly talented kids.

I think JD, Gorts and the rest are sensing a moment, an opportunity, a window opening and they are going to embrace it in a bold way.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I wasn’t crazy about the Panarin route... we have some nice young wing depth and I think the team is a couple years away. As a Ranger fan I’m typically negative on the big free agent deals.

With that said, he’s a Ranger. He’s super talented, comes across as a good guy, and wants to be here. So now, I’m psyched and eager to see him out on the ice.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I’ll see you Peter Forsberg and raise you Nick Lidstrom and Zdeno Chara, the first two European born captains to win the cup.

We use modifiers such as always, often, frequently , and infrequently to avoid confusions like this.

For example, let's say I said "it's better traditionally better to build teams with North American players" because 98% of the time it works that way, and you counter, "Niklas Lidstrom was an awesome player", the answer is yes...

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Really wasn't sure about us going after Panarin given where our team is currently.

Well, for better or worse, here we go.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I’ll see you Peter Forsberg and raise you Nick Lidstrom and Zdeno Chara, the first two European born captains to win the cup.

There are plenty of gritty, tough Euro's...and I think we may have one of the grittiest in Kakko that I've ever seen.

Guy wants to win so badly, but also has the talent to practically will it into reality.

We will have plenty of NA players to compliment him...and I'm hoping Kreider is one of them.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
There are plenty of gritty, tough Euro's...and I think we may have one of the grittiest in Kakko that I've ever seen.

Guy wants to win so badly, but also has the talent to practically will it into reality.

We will have plenty of NA players to compliment him...and I'm hoping Kreider is one of them.

Although I think North American players do tend to play more of a gritty game, picking Kreider is probably not the best example.

Neither would be Brian Boyle.

Reactions: egelband

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This Rangers roster and Zucc signing in Minnesota. Man yesterday was such a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

New York Rangers - Stanley Cup Champions 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad