Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ovechkin isn’t yr typical player...and Wilson basically killed ppl out there.

We need to be a little heavier...kakko helps there..he ain’t gonna kill ppl but he plays a heavy mans game.

I mean I kind of agree to an extent, but grit and toughness and all that stuff is a mindset more than anything.

I think we're actually pretty heavy in the bottom 6. This is the one argument I can get behind for keeping Kreider over someone like Buchnevich though, if you move Kreider we're almost NJD levels of non threatening from a physical standpoint on the top 2 lines.

Another reason why Ferland intrigues me in the right deal.

Reactions: egelband

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I got a feeling Panarin is going to pick #96...makes sense. He can't have 9 or 99. He can't have 72 his old # in Chicago seeing that's Chytl's.

So 96 is my choice for him...ya think?
He literally put up a poll on his Instagram and the rangers put one up on Twitter and he was asking 10 or 27????

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I mean I kind of agree to an extent, but grit and toughness and all that stuff is a mindset more than anything.

I think we're actually pretty heavy in the bottom 6. This is the one argument I can get behind for keeping Kreider over someone like Buchnevich though, if you move Kreider we're almost NJD levels of non threatening from a physical standpoint on the top 2 lines.

Another reason why Ferland intrigues me in the right deal.

Not gonna lie. I'd almost consider trading Buch and keeping CK...

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

steve valiquette thinks we are now too euro-heavy...figured that would rustle some jimmies

I'm not one of the uber-progressive types who think we should throw grit/size out the window so I see where he's coming from, however our back end is North-American heavy. And our Euro players are all pretty big sans Panarin. We have several players with some edge in DeAngelo, Lemieux, Trouba & Andersson. I cannot wait to see DeAngelo play some playoff hockey

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
That was seriously embarrassing of him to say..and then he actually kept going on about it.

I actually really like Valiquette - but he’s indefensible here.

He obviously won the survivor contest which led to Duguay’s exit, which has coincided with a more brash and entitled guy behind the desk. He may look like MSG’s corporate blue suite banker, but he’s clearly out for Team Vally. Maybe he has his sights on a bigger gig? He’s come a long way, post-career he was filling week-long kids’ goalie camp slots. Not bad for a guy that found a very comfy NHL backup role in the 11th hour of his career.

Bottom line, he’s wrong here - and he needs to check himself unless NBCS is swooning for his services.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'm not one of the uber-progressive types who think we should throw grit/size out the window so I see where he's coming from, however our back end is North-American heavy. And our Euro players are all pretty big sans Panarin. We have several players with some edge in DeAngelo, Lemieux, Trouba & Andersson. I cannot wait to see DeAngelo play some playoff hockey

saying we need grit & size to complement the skill & speed isn't the issue...that is valid. you need balance and to be able to play different styles. its the idea that you can determine toughness or leadership based on where a player was born that gets the eye roll

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think playing heavy is a thing. I think the rangers actively want to play heavier. So it thinks that’s important to them as well. Kakko tho kinda dispels the Eurocentric myth...he’s basically everything you want if you want to play a heav6 game. He’s not going to kill ya, but he’s going to be able to play those tough minutes with big defenseman draped all over ya

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I actually really like Valiquette - but he’s indefensible here.

He obviously won the survivor contest which led to Duguay’s exit, which has coincided with a more brash and entitled guy behind the desk. He may look like MSG’s corporate blue suite banker, but he’s clearly out for Team Vally. Maybe he has his sights on a bigger gig? He’s come a long way, post-career he was filling week-long kids’ goalie camp slots. Not bad for a guy that found a very comfy NHL backup role in the 11th hour of his career.

Bottom line, he’s wrong here - and he needs to check himself unless NBCS is swooning for his services.
100% right.

I enjoy Vally's analysis, whether I agree with it or not. He's coming off like a xenophobic dick like Don Cherry here.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think playing heavy is a thing. I think the rangers actively want to play heavier. So it thinks that’s important to them as well. Kakko tho kinda dispels the Eurocentric myth...he’s basically everything you want if you want to play a heav6 game. He’s not going to kill ya, but he’s going to be able to play those tough minutes with big defenseman draped all over ya

we've got some big bodies especially after the kids fill out...I think we are definitely building a heavy team.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
That's not fertilizer. That's a crutch.

Maybe in an extremely rare context, but not this one. Was playing with Kane a Crutch for Artemi? Chara for Mcavoy? Mario for Sid? The list goes on and on man, but believe whatever narrative makes you happy =)

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Maybe in an extremely rare context, but not this one. Was playing with Kane a Crutch for Artemi? Chara for Mcavoy? Mario for Sid? The list goes on and on man, but believe whatever narrative makes you happy =)

No Sid the Kid playing a few games with Super Mario probably made little f***ing difference.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
No Sid the Kid playing a few games with Super Mario probably made little ****ing difference.

But it was a crutch? Since all the players cited have said as much and all you are using is conjecture, I recommend finding another hill to die on...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
But it was a crutch? Since all the players cited have said as much and all you are using is conjecture, I recommend finding another hill to die on...

No. I'm saying fertilizer makes a player grow into his own. A crutch makes players better around them temporarily.

Joe Thornton was a crutch for Jonathan Cheechoo. Not fertilizer .

You bring in players like Panarin to win when the team is ready. You can hire trainers and veterans to teach players, and by your own admission, and I agree, Panarin doesn't fit the window.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Third in the league in terms of creating scoring chances (shots off the pass)...Elite playmaker in the NHL.....

1. Connor McDavid -290
2. Sidney Crosby - 258
3. Artemi Panarin - 255
4. Patrick Kane - 243
5. Johnny Gaudreau - 233

Young guy's are going to thrive, learn how to drive the play at this level.. Guy is built like a rock, strong on the puck...Really couldn't ask for much better for the kids to emulate... Solid signing IMO

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
No. I'm saying fertilizer makes a player grow into his own. A crutch makes players better around them temporarily.

Joe Thornton was a crutch for Jonathan Cheechoo. Not fertilizer .

You bring in players like Panarin to win when the team is ready. You can hire trainers and veterans to teach players, and by your own admission, and I agree, Panarin doesn't fit the window.

Well why didn't you just lead with that instead of making an out of context analogy!? :laugh:

Either way, I disagree with everything you just said and that's fine. Only time will tell.

Reactions: egelband

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn

steve valiquette thinks we are now too euro-heavy...figured that would rustle some jimmies

I don't even know where to begin with this. Panarin forechecks like a mofo, Z-bad plays a heavy two-way game, Kakko throws reverse hits like Peter Forsberg (as an 18 year old), Buchnevich fought and played pissed off multiple times last year. None of these guys are shrinking violets. For every Zadorov and Ovechkin who adopts a more physical style there is a Spooner who avoids contact despite being raised in NA hockey. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad