Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 6.27.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
i think strome is a key vet going into next year...he's your insurance down the middle if the kids are in over their heads.

I could see Strome spending 3-4 more years here has a key bottom sixer who can slide up and down the lineup. There's value in that. Is that a core piece?

Reactions: dumpin

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Lakatos signed in Czech league

This year's Vice-Champion Dominik Lakatoš moves to Vítkovice

And Team News
Twenty-two-year-old striker Dominik Lakatoš has a rich extraleague experience despite his young age. As the current vice-champion from Liberec, he moved to Ostrava.
HC-Vitkovice-Ridera-Logo-Middle-150x150.png
Vítkovice continues to replace the cadre for the new season. Now comes a new acquisition into the offensive series. She is Dominik Lakatoš, the current vice-champion of the Extraliga, who moves to Ostrava from Liberec.
A 22-year-old native of Cologne, despite his young age, has a rich extraleague experience. He is already the champion of the Extraleague in 2015, a double vice-champion from 2017 and 2019. He won all the achievements in the Liberec jersey. He played a part of the past season in Zlín, but coach Filip Pešán called him back to the White Tigers cadre at the decisive stage of the year. He has been playing the Czech highest competition since 2015 and has already recorded 224 extra-league starts, earning 94 points for 41 goals and 53 assists.
“Given the current situation in the club, Dominik Lakatoš is the best choice for us. He is a young player who, however, has enough extraleague experience, even with the toughest matches that can be experienced. In addition, we also have personal experience from youth teams with him, ”says Vitkovice head coach Jakub Petr, who in the past led Lakatoss as a national coach of the 2016 World Cup.
Dominik Lakatoš himself enjoys the new challenge in Ostrava. “I chose Vítkovice, I found it the best decision. I know Mr. Petr, but there's Honza Výtisk, which I look forward to. I wanted to go somewhere where I know it has potential. Where young players are given space and have a chance to develop. I think it's similar in Liberec to this. ”
DOMINIK LAKATOŠ

Number of the jersey: -
Born:
April 8, 1997 in Cologne
Height:
181 cm
Weight:
81 kg
Stick:
left
Litter:
White Tigers Liberec
Previous clubs:
Liberec (until 2019), Benatky nad Jizerou (1st league, 2015 - 2019), Zlín (2018/2019), HC VÍTKOVICE RIDERA (since 2019)

First match in extraleague:
First match in Vítkovice:
-
Number of matches in extraleague:
Number of matches in Vítkovice:
0 (including Spengler Cup and CHL)
Number goals scored in the league:
Number of goals scored in Vítkovice:
0 (including Spengler Cup and CHL)
(as at 1 May 2019)
Representation: Czech Republic, participant of the World Cup "20" 2016
Achievements so far:
Czech Champion 2016. Czech Champion 2017 and 2019. Best Newcomer Extraleague 2016. Czech Junior Champion 2014. Most productive Junior Extraliga 2017
Draft NHL: 2017, New York Rangers (157. overall)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good for him. He could still sign here, but there's like zero chance of that happening. I'm just glad he got away from Liberec, since it clearly wasn't going to work out for him there.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I could see Strome spending 3-4 more years here has a key bottom sixer who can slide up and down the lineup. There's value in that. Is that a core piece?

Strome is at least as good as Matteau and Noonan who were viewed as very important in the Cup run. Matteau scored 2 Double-OT goals (but also caused an OT goal against earlier in the series), so he achieved a legendary status, but I don't remember him being better than Strome has been since we acquired him.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Strome is at least as good as Matteau and Noonan who were viewed as very important in the Cup run. Matteau scored 2 Double-OT goals (but also caused an OT goal against earlier in the series), so he achieved a legendary status, but I don't remember him being better than Strome has been since we acquired him.

I agree. I could even see his game progressing a bit. He has a pedigree and he's at a great age where he's been around long enough to have a ton of experience, but isn't a dinosaur so he should be able to relate to our young guys. I see him as a bottom six guy who can slide up if needed. He can play special teams. Maybe he's even a bit better than that.

I'm just saying that I believe he has value to this team where I think we are in agreement.

I just don't know how we are defining "core." Were Matteau and Noonan core guys or are we calling that core Leetch, Graves, Messier Kovalev, and Richter? It's really a definition argument - I think we agree on the player.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

The thing about Strome is that no one can say exactly what he is. We've been talking about taking on reclamation project and, to me, Strome is it. He has had a very good second half of the season with the Rangers but I disagree with a statement I read that his value is the highest. It definitely not as high as when it was when he was traded for Eberle. It might not get there again but it definitely could be much higher than it is at present as I think it's actually still pretty close to what it was when the Rangers traded for him. And that is still before considerations for him being a part of the future core. The Rangers will have other player when the team will come out on the other side of the rebuild but the line of Namestnikov-Strome-Fast would be a pretty decent 3rd line for most teams that made playoffs.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The thing about Strome is that no one can say exactly what he is. We've been talking about taking on reclamation project and, to me, Strome is it. He has had a very good second half of the season with the Rangers but I disagree with a statement I read that his value is the highest. It definitely not as high as when it was when he was traded for Eberle. It might not get there again but it definitely could be much higher than it is at present as I think it's actually still pretty close to what it was when the Rangers traded for him. And that is still before considerations for him being a part of the future core. The Rangers will have other player when the team will come out on the other side of the rebuild but the line of Namestnikov-Strome-Fast would be a pretty decent 3rd line for most teams that made playoffs.

I would keep Strome for a while. Worst case, he's a useful third liner, but maybe he gets back to being a 50-point forward again.

Reactions: kovazub94

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would keep Strome for a while. Worst case, he's a useful third liner, but maybe he gets back to being a 50-point forward again.
There is no reason to move him. He showed great signs under Quinn and can play both wing and center. Let's see if he can continue to take steps forward. But even if not, he still makes for a solid third line player. A line of Lemieux-Andersson-Strome has the makings of a pretty good third line.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
There is no reason to move him. He showed great signs under Quinn and can play both wing and center. Let's see if he can continue to take steps forward. But even if not, he still makes for a solid third line player. A line of Lemieux-Andersson-Strome has the makings of a pretty good third line.

Honestly, that looks like the kind of third line that a Cup contender should have.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, that looks like the kind of third line that a Cup contender should have.
I would love for that line to grow together (which is why I am advocating Howden and Chytil to share the LW & 2C duties to start the year). Would be a pain in the rear to play against and also no stranger to putting the puck in the net. In my dreams, would be reminiscent of the types of third lines that Colorado and Detroit would roll out in their hey days.

Reactions: egelband

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
4th line. 3rd line will be Barron-Howden-2019 1rd (Jets)

Howden, maybe, but I hope he can become a second liner, we'll see. Barron is a big uncertainty. As for the Jets pick, I hope Gorts has the balls to draft a hit or miss guy. I'd rather get a guy who has a 25% shot of being an above average NHLer than a 75% chance of being a third liner. I guess that would've been easier if we had the Dallas pick.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Howden, maybe, but I hope he can become a second liner, we'll see. Barron is a big uncertainty. As for the Jets pick, I hope Gorts has the balls to draft a hit or miss guy. I'd rather get a guy who has a 25% shot of being an above average NHLer than a 75% chance of being a third liner. I guess that would've been easier if we had the Dallas pick.
Or package the 19/20 to draft higher...

Get your guy, Gorts.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Strome won’t shoot 20+% again. Trade him while his value is high

I feel like Strome is in that weird territory where the “high” return isn’t all that high or worth the move.

Even if he settles into a 10-15 goal, 35-40 point level of production, he could be a useful contributor. Not really sure sacrificing that is worth the difference between a late second and an early third.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Yuck...strome at 2c.

Might as well do namestnikov at 2c...

Neither should be playing there.

No one wants that but those 2 are the insurance if chytil can't handle it and you need to protect him. If you didn't get the memo we are going to suck next year regardless

Reactions: mschmidt64

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No one wants that but those 2 are the insurance if chytil can't handle it and you need to protect him. If you didn't get the memo we are going to suck next year regardless
Right...and I feel like stromes value is much higher than it should be right now and namestnikov is super low...which is why I would trade strome if a good deal was to be had...would I trade him for a 3rd? No.

Would I package him and something else for a late first..absolutely...is that trade there to be made? Probably not.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

My post was mostly in jest, but I like how you can argue on both sides of the reasonable expectations vs upside discussion (re. Jets pick). Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad