Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Keane is someone that could be moved and I think a team would value him. Producing in the AHL and is a right handed shot. If he's not destined to be on the Rangers, another team would like his value. I wouldn't move him because while we have tons of defense in the pipe, we don't have tons of RHD. He could absolutely marinate in the AHL for another full year after this and still hold his value.

Gross is most likely not. He's not under contract currently. His play last year wasn't inspiring and now as an overager is doing okay.

I'd honestly be shocked if he even gets offered an ELC at this point. Maybe he could get a pick back in return if a team wants to sign him instead of risk him signing somewhere else when his rights expire. Otherwise, there probably isn't much there.
Gross isn't an overager

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Agreed. I think if Trouba were 28 or 29, and coming up on being an UFA, it's something the Rangers would definitely entertain.

But teams don't typically trade 25 year old defenseman, whom they just acquired and signed to a long-term deal, to hold onto prospects who don't project to have the same level of upside.

Especially when there's this much of an age gap at work. Even if the Rangers had someone who projected as a 40-50 point defenseman who plays 24+ minutes a night, it would still take them at least several years to even work their way into that conversation.
Also, the only prospect they have that even remotely resembles Trouba's profile at RD is the recently drafted Skinner, who is a) a long shot to make it and b) 3-4 years away, if he does.

Reactions: jas

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Aside from a couple, the former first rounders, the rest of them don't have value.
Eh, I don't think that's true. I bet you there are quite a fair few teams that wouldn't mind getting their hands on either Reunanen or Jones, for example. But I doubt they have enough value on their own to warrant moving any time soon. Might see them go in a multiplayer hockey trade, though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Eh, I don't think that's true. I bet you there are quite a fair few teams that wouldn't mind getting their hands on either Reunanen or Jones, for example. But I doubt they have enough value on their own to warrant moving any time soon. Might see them go in a multiplayer hockey trade, though.

Those aren't special prospects and most organizations have prospects at the same level. I guess what I mean is that those players wouldn't have any value if we were to shop them around. Think about Rykov a couple of years ago. It's not so much that Rykov was a player the Rangers specifically wanted as it was that the Devils wanted Grabner and the Rangers looked at who the Devils had in their system to identify who they'd want in return. There's a fairly fundamental difference between those things.

So yeah, fine... these guys might have some value as a piece of a trade, but that's not what we're talking about when saying "try to trade these guys."

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I'm confident JD and Gorton have a plan for the expansion draft. I'm sure if they need to deal a young player for a substantial return instead of losing him for nothing they will. They might be able to move Smith now. Might have to retain some. For the first time I'm starting to entertain the idea of dealing Kreider. For a guy that puts so much into fitness, he doesn't seem to show the effort night in and night out.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm confident JD and Gorton have a plan for the expansion draft. I'm sure if they need to deal a young player for a substantial return instead of losing him for nothing they will. They might be able to move Smith now. Might have to retain some. For the first time I'm starting to entertain the idea of dealing Kreider. For a guy that puts so much into fitness, he doesn't seem to show the effort night in and night out.

I think the plan is, we will lose someone and it will hurt no matter what...

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
They can sign a UFA goalie to a two-year deal before the 2020-2021 season to meet the goalie requirements for expansion.

Either that, or Georgiev if he's still here by then.

I believe there are no games requirements on the goalie (unlike forward and d) just that the guy is signed or a RFA. so technically they could 'expose' huska with 0% chance he'd get taken. but I'm more concerned about what happens with our goalies before then

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I believe there are no games requirements on the goalie (unlike forward and d) just that the guy is signed or a RFA. so technically they could 'expose' huska with 0% chance he'd get taken. but I'm more concerned about what happens with our goalies before then

You can't expose an exempt player.

Or, put another way, the player that's exposed has to be eligible.

Reactions: Leetch3

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Heartburn, The Aggravation, The Accusations, The Assumptions, The Misinformation
:laugh:

I do dispute the "misinformation" part. I don't believe I ever spread misinformation, or was myself misinformed (since no one actually had any information on the guy). And I will also say, in my defense, I believe I may have been the only person to go out of my way to watch this chump play last season. ;)

I'm glad he's off to a nice start. I still wager he ends up an absolute nothing prospect, but we'll see. I've never been one to refuse to acknowledge when I blow it!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
:laugh:

I do dispute the "misinformation" part. I don't believe I ever spread misinformation, or was myself misinformed (since no one actually had any information on the guy). And I will also say, in my defense, I believe I may have been the only person to go out of my way to watch this chump play last season. ;)

You were fine.

And truth be told, I have ZERO problems with anyone not necessarily liking the pick.

What drives me nuts is the accusations out there, particularly against people's integrity. That stuff will always drive me nuts, regardless of whether it's a scout, a player, a coach, or the locker room custodian.

In this case, some of those same people are the reasons why we're discussing items on here weeks or months ahead of the journalists and professional pundits.

I think a lot of people would be very surprised by who reads these boards, or when I hear a comment from them along the lines of, "Hey, tell that [expletive], [Username] to go [Fill in the blank]. He/she doesn't know what they're talking about."

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You were fine.

And truth be told, I have ZERO problems with anyone not necessarily liking the pick.

What drives me nuts is the accusations out there, particularly against people's integrity. That stuff will always drive me nuts, regardless of whether it's a scout, a player, a coach, or the locker room custodian.

In this case, some of those same people are the reasons why we're discussing items on here weeks or months ahead of the journalists and professional pundits.

I think a lot of people would be very surprised by who reads these boards, or when I hear a comment from them along the lines of, "Hey, tell that [expletive], [Username] to go [Fill in the blank]. He/she doesn't know what they're talking about."

Hey, next time you’re hanging with Gorton, tell me, I’ll get the first round for everyone and we can discuss the delinquent nuts on this board.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Hey, next time you’re hanging with Gorton, tell me, I’ll get the first round for everyone and we can discuss the delinquent nuts on this board.

You know I've never spent more than an hour around Gorton, in any capacity, but he seems like the kind of guy I'd want on my side when everything is hitting the fan.

The guy is beyond calm.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You know I've never spent more than an hour around Gorton, in any capacity, but he seems like the kind of guy I'd want on my side when everything is hitting the fan.

The guy is beyond calm.

You’ve mentioned that he would be the guy to take with you to ‘buy a used car’ so I definitely have a personality type in my mind. Again, rounds on me if it happens.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Huska would be exempt, but somebody has to be exposed.

Meh, I'm not worried. If Georgiev is still around, they'll protect him. If he isn't, NYR will sign a No. 3 or 4 keeper who is eligible to protect and have them compete with Huska/Wall for Hartford while Shesty takes the reigns. Lundqvist signs a one or two year deal and splits the games until he retires.

With this said, I think it would be EXTREMELY BOLD of Seattle if they selected the UFA rights to Lundqvist (if that even is a thing).

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad