Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Actually Allsvenskan can be a hard league to score in even if you are Connor McDavid or Austin Matthews.

I think most Allsvenskan teams would play a fairly close game against any NHL team.

The scoring leaders in that league usually get a little more than a point per game. Anze Kopitar in his prime got 34 pts in 31 games. Bobby Ryan also only got a little more than a point per game during the lockout. As did Carl Hagelin.

It’s a solid league with professional players pushing themselves as hard as they can. Ultimately that just shrinks the difference between the top leagues and the leagues that are on lower levels.

Tambs will in all likelihood average about a point per game in Allsvenskan, and if he doesn’t it’s because he ends up in one of those super hot environments.

Today in the hockey world you only really get a walkover opponent if you look at leagues that don’t really prepare and practice as good as it’s possible to do.

Puh-leaze. The difference between the AS & SHL is night and day and the best of the SHL is comparable to the AHL at best.

The only reason Tambo is there is because he decided late on where he wanted to play and the slots had been filled by them.

The reason it’s tough to score is that goalie depth is greater than skater depth throughout hockey.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think there's a good chance a top Allsvenskan team (which is on par with a low-end SHL team, in theory) could take a low-end NHL team. Just as a team from the KHL, SHL, Liiga, and maybe even the Czech Extraliga could do the same. They're all professional leagues that usually have at least a handful of fringe NHL-caliber players. Some, particularly the KHL, have guys that could definitely be on NHL rosters.

That said, I'm talking about a single game. If you played a best-of-seven, I think the NHL team would win almost every time. Or a best-of-eleven, basically every time. The leagues aren't close enough to the NHL that they would be able to sustain success against an NHL club.

IIRC we did a Euro tour some years ago, and we either lost a game or just looked bad in a few. I know this has happened to other teams as well. Part of it is because the NHL teams aren't in mid-season form whereas the European teams are further along. But the point remains--in a one-game situation a lot of things can happen and an NHL team could absolutely lose.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I think there's a good chance a top Allsvenskan team (which is on par with a low-end SHL team, in theory) could take a low-end NHL team. Just as a team from the KHL, SHL, Liiga, and maybe even the Czech Extraliga could do the same. They're all professional leagues that usually have at least a handful of fringe NHL-caliber players. Some, particularly the KHL, have guys that could definitely be on NHL rosters.

That said, I'm talking about a single game. If you played a best-of-seven, I think the NHL team would win almost every time. Or a best-of-eleven, basically every time. The leagues aren't close enough to the NHL that they would be able to sustain success against an NHL club.

IIRC we did a Euro tour some years ago, and we either lost a game or just looked bad in a few. I know this has happened to other teams as well. Part of it is because the NHL teams aren't in mid-season form whereas the European teams are further along. But the point remains--in a one-game situation a lot of things can happen and an NHL team could absolutely lose.

The money line on a neutral site midseason game between the Sens and MODO would be OTT-400.

Reactions: Rongomania

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Lundkvist is wearing an A. Paired with Adam Ginning, the C. Ginning was the 50th pick in 2018 by Philly.

Henriksson is centering Jonatan Berggren who was picked 33rd by Detroit in 2018. On the other side is Nikola Pasic, 7th rounder by New Jersey from last year.

Fagemo is on the second line. Raymond on the third.

Otteluseuranta

Reactions: Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m watching this game now and it’s been umm boring to say the least. 0-0. The Czech goalie has made some big saves but no one standing out

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So Lunker finished with the assist and +1. Henriksson finished -1 with 0 SOG and only played 12:12. His U20 performances haven't been great--he's without a point in 6 official games and only has 2 SOG. Of course he's only 18 so no big deal, but it would be nice to see him get it going with the U20 squad.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Might be a 7th rounder, but Ciccolini is playing on Big Ten Network against Nanne and Minnesota

Ciccolini is on the 4th line and was just on the 2nd PP unit

Reactions: egelband

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Barron with an assist through the 1st. Really good outlet pass.

Ice looks pretty rough tonight and he almost killed his teammate after tripping.

EDIT: Just a quick edit to say that they haven't given Barron the assist yet but don't worry they will.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Finland is wonderful and Finns even more so. But one caveat, the cuisine isn’t always the best... ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Can't wait to get Barron on the big club. He's a kid that I think won't need any AHL time.

I think it’s very hard to predict how these bigger kids can adopt to the pro game.

I would be very very cautious to count on any instant success from Barron. There are so many examples the last years of were these guys have had a hard time in the AHL not to talk about the NHL.

I am not claiming to have better insight on Barron than anyone else, but I would probably give him a 1% shot at making the NHL instantly and 10% at making the league ever.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I made it to Helsinki for the U20 Four Nations! Lundkvist, Aaltonen, Lindbom and Henriksson are here. Not sure if they'll all play but we will see. I love Helsinki man. Great city to visit. Wonderful people.

What do you think Aaltonin and Henrikksson project as? Third liners?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think it’s very hard to predict how these bigger kids can adopt to the pro game.

I would be very very cautious to count on any instant success from Barron. There are so many examples the last years of were these guys have had a hard time in the AHL not to talk about the NHL.

I am not claiming to have better insight on Barron than anyone else, but I would probably give him a 1% shot at making the NHL instantly and 10% at making the league ever.

Doesnt claim to have better insight, gives low odds on making NHL. :huh:

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Doesnt claim to have better insight, gives low odds on making NHL. :huh:

Yeah, I meant like, margin of error is bigger, I’ve seen very little of Barron, but if I am taking a wild swing at it — despite reading so much positive — I am still a bit afraid that he will struggle a little with the pace.

Nobody hope that I am wrong more than me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad