Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The amount of unwarranted hate this guy is getting is frankly at the level of embarrassing at this point.

He didn't have a good season last year but by all accounts it looks like he really worked hard in the offseason and if having a great start to his NCAA career.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The amount of unwarranted hate this guy is getting is frankly at the level of embarrassing at this point.

He didn't have a good season last year but by all accounts it looks like he really worked hard in the offseason and if having a great start to his NCAA career.
I think it's just good-natured ribbing. The hate was last year. I was chief among the "haters". Everyone would love to see him succeed, I'm pretty sure.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It transcended hate and became a harmless meme.
Yeah, and honestly, the hate was never about the player. It was all to do with the suspicions around why he was picked, which we obviously don't need to rehash. I don't think anyone ever held anything personal against the player. I thought he looked like garbage last year and was shocked he even got a scholarship, but I'm really glad he's off to a nice start. Would be great to have another D prospect in the stable.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think it's just good-natured ribbing. The hate was last year. I was chief among the "haters". Everyone would love to see him succeed, I'm pretty sure.

yeah i kid about it based on some of the hot takes and rants about nepotism etc when he was picked. i mean if you want to complain about a 2nd round pick thats one thing but the attention he got as a 6th round pick was pretty amusing in hindsight.

and aside from all jokes and sarcasm, I personally, don't understand why anyone would hate on any of our prospects. I mean it happens like 900 times a day here but I don't understand. there are prospects that I don't really care about and prospects that I don't have very high expectations for, and there are picks and moves that I might hate. but I want every single prospect in our system to do well and exceed expectations.

do I have guys like Elmer, Pajuniemi, Hughes, Kjellberg, Ragnarsson, and Gross penciled into my future ny rangers lineups? not in the slightest. but I still love seeing them have success cause that can only add depth and value to the system.

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
If you want to gauge how bad the Allsvenskan is, Adam Tambellini is on a 2ppg pace right now in a 4 game sample.

Yeah and the SHL ain't that great either! As a Swedish Rangers fan it always infuriated me that the announcers in Sweden were gushing over Pavel Brendl as a superstar because he tore it up in the SHL. I mean jesus that skinny fat ass who was too lazy to get in shape to even crack an NHL lineup became a superstar in the SHL because he could coast on talent alone.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, and like nobody have really commented on his play, just questioned it...

It’s of course special when we sign a new scout and immediately draft his kid, and the kid goes off the map and has very limited stats.

It would set a hilarious precedent if he becomes a star. Every time we would draft a kid that like retires and not seen for years, people would say ‘remember Simon Kjellberg’...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
McIlrath was called up from the redwings yesterday.
Good for him. He has been a good AHL defenseman. I'm glad he stuck it out. He probably could have gone elsewhere and been more "important", but he gave it his all in the AHL for years now. Hopefully he can find his niche and stick around for a few years. We know Detroit likes him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you want to gauge how bad the Allsvenskan is, Adam Tambellini is on a 2ppg pace right now in a 4 game sample.

I honestly don't know what this suppose to mean. Tambs is a solid AHL player good for 15-20 goals and 30-35 points. He's 25 y/o. Allsvenskan SHOULD be easy for him as he's not a developing 18-19 y/o prospect.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I honestly don't know what this suppose to mean. Tambs is a solid AHL player good for 15-20 goals and 30-35 points. He's 25 y/o. Allsvenskan SHOULD be easy for him as he's not a developing 18-19 y/o prospect.
Yeah, but how else am I supposed to trash Euro leagues, maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

:naughty:

Reactions: Leetch3

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Actually Allsvenskan can be a hard league to score in even if you are Connor McDavid or Austin Matthews.

I think most Allsvenskan teams would play a fairly close game against any NHL team.

The scoring leaders in that league usually get a little more than a point per game. Anze Kopitar in his prime got 34 pts in 31 games. Bobby Ryan also only got a little more than a point per game during the lockout. As did Carl Hagelin.

It’s a solid league with professional players pushing themselves as hard as they can. Ultimately that just shrinks the difference between the top leagues and the leagues that are on lower levels.

Tambs will in all likelihood average about a point per game in Allsvenskan, and if he doesn’t it’s because he ends up in one of those super hot environments.

Today in the hockey world you only really get a walkover opponent if you look at leagues that don’t really prepare and practice as good as it’s possible to do.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You think theres a chance he gets traded if there is a WHL team that has more potential to go for the chip?

Unless Edmonton doesn't have a shot at being good next season, I'd think they'll probably keep him.

You have to think Robertson is there next season too. With the abundance of LHD prospects, and how likely it would be for him to stick with the Rangers, they'll probably hold onto him.

Now, if he blow up at some point this season and looks like an NHLer in 10 months, then they probably do, but we're not in a spot that he has to be rushed. I'm pretty sure the Oil Kings know that.

On top of all of that, he's actually playing in a bigger CHL city. Now, it's not like NYC, but it's closer to that than some other spots he could go to. Have to think they like him in a bigger CHL market.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad