Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
That press conference when he sniped at the press changed things. Torts knows he can't be like that to the beat writers and especially Sam. Also knows he's being watched much closer. He's definitely scared.

Won't be fired this year though, and shouldn't be. This team isn't talented enough.
That's so wrong. More like we're not tough enough, but this team has as much talent as any team out there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Just checked out his TB record on hockeydb

2001-02 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 27 40 11 4 0.421 Out of Playoffs
2002-03 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 36 25 16 5 0.567 Lost in round 2
2003-04 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 46 22 8 6 0.646 Won Championship
2005-06 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 43 33 0 6 0.561 Lost in round 1
2006-07 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 44 33 0 5 0.567 Lost in round 1
2007-08 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 31 42 0 9 0.433 Out of Playoffs

Pretty similar to his stint here. Except our anomaly wasn't a SC Championship. :cry:
Haha, at least he gets credit for Tampa sucking enough to draft Stamkos. :laugh:

*Bob Richards*

lol...NYR FANS <3 YOU on the cake?

I was thinking more of this:

hanginthere.jpg

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
What is that horse **** the Rangers have up in the locker room again?

601102_10151266483719858_1289913290_n.png

That's almost as good as "This season's for you."

Or... maybe that's the practice facility locker room.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
I'm on the phone with my lawyer as we speak, trying to see if I have a legitimate case of suing the Rangers organization for wasting three hours of my time on a Saturday afternoon!!!! Wtf was that?:shakehead

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
"Not everybody is prepared to win."

Ironic quote considering our coach just boasted about "staying out of the way" of something as important as offense.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Had to dvr the game, just finished watching...this is a BAD hockey team.

I wish we could lend Hank to an actual contender so he can get a cup, and then get him back here to finish out his career with at least one winning season.

Last edited:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
The same thing he usually says. Also he aditted to not worrying about offense which is something we knew anyway

Not worried about the offense, Torts? Did he really say that? I'm gonna need actual confirmation before I go off on him.

The worst offense in the NHL is something to be concerned about as a head coach, Torts.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Not worried about the offense, Torts? Did he really say that? I'm gonna need actual confirmation before I go off on him.

The worst offense in the NHL is something to be concerned about as a head coach, Torts.

The Rangers haven't scored a goal that was shot directly into the net by one of their players since Stepan's shorthanded goal in Buffalo.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
The same thing he usually says. Also he aditted to not worrying about offense which is something we knew anyway

Lol. This team has barely created any danger in the offensive zone for a couple of games now.

I have always supported him but at this point I'm getting sick of almost everything about him.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
He does love NY. But he also has the heart of a champ and wants to win. Him carrying this team for so long, I don't blame him if he bolts.

I like when people act like NY is the ONLY big bill city with a hockey team. Sure, he loves it here..because we offered him a ~$7mil/season contract. I'd love it in Siberia if they offered me $7mil to play for a team over there. It's unlikely he demands a trade, but I don't think it's completely out of left field for a guy that actually wants to win it all unlike 90% of this team including the coach. Honestly, I could see him jumping to the Devils - close to NY, decent team with a coach that seems to understand hockey a bit better, replacement for Brodeur. His "hatred" and any "rivalry" feelings go out the door once they're the ones signing his checks.

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
OTT has potted 3 against the Sabres this afternoon. We're officially last in the East in scoring. :help:

The "stay out of the way" approach is not working. Neither is your team.

It's one thing to be bad. But to be bad AND boring is intolerable.

Oh, and Beaver is another in the great line of #19 to grace us in the Sather era. The Ratelle curse.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

This. If he's not concerned with the offense, what is he concerning himself with? What exactly his is energy being focused in to? It must be over that hot towel issue when the CBA was being negotiated.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
This. If he's not concerned with the offense, what is he concerning himself with? What exactly his is energy being focused in to? It must be over that hot towel issue when the CBA was being negotiated.

Shot blocking.

Thats it. We need more shot blocking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad