Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I am not sure if this has been addressed previously, but who thought it was a good idea to advertise Clamato on the boards at Winnipeg? At center ice no less. Are Winnipegians more fond of clam juice than we know>?

Not that I know of, the stuff is disgusting. :p:

(and we're Winnipeggers or Peggers btw ;))

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Lmaoooooo...The Rangers are a disaster. I stated earlier, way earlier in the season that the Rangers were gonna disappoint you. That you should not watch this season and come back next season, Are you disappointed yet? If your answer is no. There is more to come. Im not gonna get into what to fix or not fix, since in the end noone cares what i think. Plus im not payed to do it so im not gonna worry. Im just a fan and im disappointed in the game play and the motivation and drive i see from this team,. It will be what it will be. But it aint gonna be this season. See you next time.

Gaborik is going to turn this thing around by himself and prove you wrong. He's just waiting for the right time.

Dorado*

I watch a team like the sens that can make all the excuses in the world and yet they come to play EVERY FREAKING GAME. I don't get it. Is it living and playing in nyc? These guys think they are all hot ****. Starts with the GM and trickles right on down.

The common denominator with the Sens players they plugged in with injuries are all can shoot the puck .
Gryba ,Wiercoch , Silfverberg and Zib can all flat out shoot it .

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The pieces are not in place . Keep the players I mentioned . Plug in
Whoever we can get from contenders by selling of the ones I mentioned preferably some guys with speed, 10-20 goal potential and some nuts .
Richards as 1 C is absolutely killing this team . Stepan is a good solid you g center. Sell of Gaborik , one of Staal or Girardi for a ready to play Center prospect and picks or a Center . It's a hard choice but center depth is what win championships . The Remainjng D men of Whiever left between G and Staal, MDz , and McD , plug in McI

I continue to disagree.

Nash, Gaborik, Stepan, Richards, Callahan, and Hagelin is a very, very, very good top 6 in the right system. I think you're an anti-Torts guy as well (even though you seem to be more of an anti-everything NYR guy these days, can't blame you) so you have to agree with me there. These guys aren't dead weight. They are square pegs, and Torts's system is full of round holes. Square pegs don't fit? Jam away.

Gaborik has been successful under Tortorella before this season. What's the main difference? Torts switched his wings. Nash is slumping right now, but was absolutely on fire not a week ago. Even with Nash's streak, I think we could really be seeing more out of this team in an open system; that's just not something Tortorella is ever going to employ.

The biggest problem about the bottom-6 right now is how completely interchangeable it is. That's because our third liners are fourth liners, and our fourth liners believe they're third liners, and the way he's using Haley, they have Torts fooled.

Nash - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Boyle (vom) - Zuccarello
Pyatt - Halpern - Powe

Tell me with a straight face that team isn't better than the one we're employing right now? Now imagine it with a real 3C. Now imagine it with a coach that can get the most out of those players.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
The common denominator with the Sens players they plugged in with injuries are all can shoot the puck .
Gryba ,Wiercoch , Silfverberg and Zib can all flat out shoot it .

Very true, but watch how they play. The effort, the puck pursuit that makes it hard on the opposing team to play against them. Night and day with how the these Strangers are playing.

Dorado*

I continue to disagree.

Nash, Gaborik, Stepan, Richards, Callahan, and Hagelin is a very, very, very good top 6 in the right system. I think you're an anti-Torts guy as well (even though you seem to be more of an anti-everything NYR guy these days, can't blame you) so you have to agree with me there. These guys aren't dead weight. They are square pegs, and Torts's system is full of round holes. Square pegs don't fit? Jam away.

Gaborik has been successful under Tortorella before this season. What's the main difference? Torts switched his wings. Nash is slumping right now, but was absolutely on fire not a week ago. Even with Nash's streak, I think we could really be seeing more out of this team in an open system; that's just not something Tortorella is ever going to employ.

The biggest problem about the bottom-6 right now is how completely interchangeable it is. That's because our third liners are fourth liners, and our fourth liners believe they're third liners, and the way he's using Haley, they have Torts fooled.

Nash - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Boyle (vom) - Zuccarello
Pyatt - Halpern - Powe

Tell me with a straight face that team isn't better than the one we're employing right now? Now imagine it with a real 3C. Now imagine it with a coach that can get the most out of those players.

Brad Richards is single handedly killing this team. He is not even a good. 3C At this point. I've always liked Gaborik and he's produced. I have mentioned
CALLY
Hags
Step
Nash
Kreider
Hopefully a few of either FASTH , Lindbergh , Thomas , MILLER can be NHL players and produce .
We are WEAK AT CENTER . I am not anti everything but the make up and game plan is horrible . Richards needs to be a 1C or at least a 2c . He is the single reason we suck so bad it trickles down the entire line up . As for our D . They are not tough enough and can't move the puck well or they are being good not too . We could use at least 2 new centers ( I like JT but he's not ready ) and a legit puck mover . None of our D men shoot well either .

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, I'm out of explanations.

I usually have something, but I've got nothing.

It just doesn't look, right now to me like this team has what it takes to win a championship.

I haven't given up hope, but I've given up hoping.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
I just watched the game. Richards is BAD. Very bad.

Reunite, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash., please Torts. That decision is killing, KILLING this team.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Callahan-Miller-Gaborik
Kreider-Richards-Pyatt
Boyle-Halpern-Powe

Asham
Haley

Deal with the Richards decline later.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I just watched the game. Richards is BAD. Very bad.

Reunite, Hagelin-Stepan-Nash., please Torts. That decision is killing, KILLING this team.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Callahan-Miller-Gaborik
Kreider-Richards-Pyatt
Boyle-Halpern-Powe

Asham
Haley

Deal with the Richards decline later.

LOL Miller on the second line? LOLOLOLOLOL :biglaugh:

As bad as Richards has been (be honest, who hasn't been that bad these days? stop using Richards as a scapegoat), putting Miller on that line not only eliminates Richards, but Callahan and Gaborik as well.

20 games in the NHL. He's scored goals in one of them. ONE. That's Boyle status. Put him in the AHL already.

Blegh, I need to stop posting so much.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Well, I'm out of explanations.

I usually have something, but I've got nothing.

It just doesn't look, right now to me like this team has what it takes to win a championship.

I haven't given up hope, but I've given up hoping.

Im feeling the same way. I watch the games and Im just speechless after them.

I wish I could take a simple/ignorant approach and blame the coach, or this thing, or that thing, and act like its a magic bullet to making things better. These problems run deep right now, and they are widespread.

That said, I've been watching the Rangers for 25 years and, outside of a couple seasons, Im kind of used to this feeling.

Dorado*

LOL Miller on the second line? LOLOLOLOLOL :biglaugh:

As bad as Richards has been (be honest, who hasn't been that bad these days? stop using Richards as a scapegoat), putting Miller on that line not only eliminates Richards, but Callahan and Gaborik as well.

20 games in the NHL. He's scored goals in one of them. ONE. That's Boyle status. Put him in the AHL already.

Blegh, I need to stop posting so much.

How can you not scapegoat Richards ? His horrific play and lack if being an impact player in a shift by shift basis or any kind of asset single handedly hurts the entire depth if the team . MIller is a kid and barely passable as a 3 C . Step has been solid but his in reality a 1-2 C tweener .
So yes ahead Richards the second highest paid player in the league being paid to be an elite 1 C is hardly making any plays I'd say that is pretty much scape goat body of work

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Despite the doom and gloom, I still think this team will make the playoffs somewhere in the range of 6-8. Only to be blown out in the first round by Pitts/Bos, and probably even Carolina at the rate they score goals.

Torts really has to go though.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Some of the pieces are in place. Some of the pieces don't really fit. Some pieces are nice pieces, but fit earlier, when the time wasn't right, but don't fit now when we need them to, or fit nicely, but fit in an excess position.

Gaborik, for example, has been a nice player for us, but isn't fitting right now, and with only one year left on his deal, seems like his time with us, although mostly productive, will not coincide with the time we needed him. I see him being moved.

On the left side, we are stacked defensively, but we dearly lack a legitimate top four RH PMD. I think we'll have to make a hard decision about moving one of MDZ, McD or Staal and, between the return on whichever of them goes and the return on Gaborik, get the RH d-man we need to balance out our top four. My vote is for MDZ, even though he probably has slightly less value than the others, is the only "offensive" dman on our team (saying anyone is offensive on this team, and not meaning it in the insulting kind of offensive right now, is a joke) because MDZ seems to forget his brain in the locker room more often than the other two.

If we're not going to buy Richards out, he needs to be treated as a third line center going forward. That means we still have a hole at 1/2C. He needs to be given third line minutes and PP time and kept off the ice more than necessary. We need to find a way to acquire a studly, YOUNG center, akin to the conversaton Machinehead and I were having in this thread. Something along the lines of:

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
?? - ?? - Callahan
Kreider - Richards - Miller
Powe - Boyle - ??
McD - Girardi
Staal - ??
Stralman - McI

going into next year with returns coming back from Gaborik/one of the D filling the spaces.

Yep... great plan. I honestly don't know what to make of this team right now though. If enough talent could be brought in from the returns, say Gaborik (+) for a borderline 2nd line LW and a nice RHD and MDZ for a very good young 2C with upside, than the lineup fills in nicely. Miller and Kreider a year older. Richards (also a year older, ugh) in a role that he can (hopefully) handle. Obviously that's IF they refuse to amnesty him. Granted, I have no ideas as to what these pieces are, but they don't seem unreasonable. I really can't foresee a lot of changes that would alter the result right now though; it feels like the team is sick and the problem is internal and undiagnosible. If we had Malkin over Richards, I feel like we'd score more and but still be flat a lot and still be losing these games. If we had Letang over MDZ, I feel like we'd still screw up the PP and still be a flat, unexciting team. I can't put my finger on it. The team has no pulse because, it feels like, the team has no heart (forgive me Cally, you always put in he effort).

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Now, who do we root for tonight, the Leafs or the Jets ?

The Jets of course! They're really pulling it together and if they play like they have been playing, there's no way they're going to miss the playoffs. So that leaves the perennial Leafs collapse as an opening for the Rangers.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
I would love to see Columbus win tonight, just to tie us in points lol. Although we'd have 2 less games played, it'd be absolute comedy to seem them even with us points-wise.

Especially some of the story lines from early in the season how the big bad mighty Rangers stole CBJs prized player for scraps. And how one team was destined for the SCF while the other was doomed to pick 1st overall.

It'd be absolutely embarrasing, yet hilarious at the same time, for Rick Nash if his former team somehow squeeks into the playoffs and he's golfing after game 48.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Jets of course! They're really pulling it together and if they play like they have been playing, there's no way they're going to miss the playoffs. So that leaves the perennial Leafs collapse as an opening for the Rangers.

Yeah, just beat those silly Laffs tonight. :handclap:

Can always root for the Sens, too. :nod:

I watch a team like the sens that can make all the excuses in the world and yet they come to play EVERY FREAKING GAME. I don't get it. Is it living and playing in nyc? These guys think they are all hot ****. Starts with the GM and trickles right on down.

Well, New York definitely has more distractions than any other NHL city. When things go well, there are countless business opportunities, celebrities and socialites all looking to make time with the flavor of the week. Too many pro athletes tend to get wrapped up in the egofest and lose sight of what gave them that huge bank account to begin with.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Just fire torts already. He's not motivating his team anymore. His system is not working anymore. We've been beaten bad. Without Henrik, we would have lost in uglier fashion. He's made all the wrong personnel choices. Anyone of us on here can assemble a better line.

Let him grind. Forget Kreider. Torts wants to grind his way to rock bottom so be it.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Just fire torts already. He's not motivating his team anymore. His system is not working anymore. We've been beaten bad. Without Henrik, we would have lost in uglier fashion. He's made all the wrong personnel choices. Anyone of us on here can assemble a better line.

Suggestions for replacements? Or do we continue to go about it "the Ranger way" and not think about the future? Instant gratification = Torts' head on a platter.

Then?

Let the chips fall where they may I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad