Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
if you are sather or dolan, you cannot panic and fire torts in a short season with no training camp. Torts is known for his training camp because it brings the team together, what you are seeing right now is the problem without a torts training camp. You can't base the teams play of this messed up season of only 48 games that is so out of the norm. I said before if you go through a full training camp next season and about 30 games into that season then you contemplate letting Torts go. Not now when there are only 21 games left in the season, no coach could come in here and change this team in 21 games. It would take over 10 games for a new coach to get his gameplan into a team by then its too late if you aren't in the playoff picture.
How did Torts magical training camps work out for us every other year?

08-09 - 7th place, 1st round exit
09-10 - 9th place, No playoffs
10-11 - 8th Place, 1st Round Exit
11-12 - 1st Place, ECF
12-13 - 9th Place

Last year was the anomoly. This is who we are with this coach. Fighting to get into the playoffs, to accomplish nothing once we get there.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
When is Torts the clown having his famous press conference? I wanna hear what his excuses are this time. Has he ever said " You know guys, it's my fault. I need to adjust and have these guys play more of an offense first game". No he will say " I am disgusted at certain individuals" It's their fault not mine! Anyone wanna fight?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Are you people serious with this crap? God it's tough to be here sometimes.

No, Henrik will not be demanding a trade. He will be a New York Ranger for life. He loves New York and won't leave.

These boards after tough losses and losing streaks are brutal. The issues are elsewhere.

He does love NY. But he also has the heart of a champ and wants to win. Him carrying this team for so long, I don't blame him if he bolts.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
When is Torts the clown having his famous press conference? I wanna hear what his excuses are this time. Has he ever said " You know guys, it's my fault. I need to adjust and have these guys play more of an offense first game". No he will say " I am disgusted at certain individuals" It's their fault not mine! Anyone wanna fight?
He will never blame himself. He has the mike francesa ego

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
Pens fan here. McDonagh shut down Crosby better than Chara and Phaneuf. Also punished him physically more.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
LMAO.

Rangers fans think ANY of our players will get Taylor Hall? Keep dreaming.

Do you mean available players? lol Because I know one who (if available) would probably get us Hall.

SGY-00226240085.jpg

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Tortorella quotes from the presser

Tortorella "We have to find our way here" "We have good people" " We need for good things to happen"

"Today we started in mud" " I thought we were in a good spot going into the third period" "They make a couple of big plays" (LOL that's my favoite quote from him) " Playing Nash with Stepan and Cally, I'm looking to create some offense and get Gabby more comfortable" Richie and Hags had some good games last year"

"We are not playing well enough, we haven't gotten to our identity consistently enough"
"We're done talking about the lockout"

"I'm not speaking of the opposing team"

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Torts ... Way to positive... Someone ask him a tough question

he has to be positive. This team does not need a guy ripping into them, they need the coach to be positive or else they will be sooo lost. I think he is good at that, he has the pulse of the team and knows when to be hard on them and be soft on them. I think he does a good job.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He does love NY. But he also has the heart of a champ and wants to win. Him carrying this team for so long, I don't blame him if he bolts.

His life is here. Life is more important than hockey. He will be here in NY for the rest of his career. /subject over.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
he has to be positive. This team does not need a guy ripping into them, they need the coach to be positive or else they will be sooo lost. I think he is good at that, he has the pulse of the team and knows when to be hard on them and be soft on them. I think he does a good job.

This team had no pulse today....

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Guess I'm going to have to hope for the Jets to make the playoffs. I have no idea how the Pens fans can listen to those two jokers they have for broadcasters. At one point one of them was just in awe because Crosby OMG was able to take a pass off his skate onto his stick!!!! Have any of you guys ever seen that before? Absolutely amazing that he was able to do something that only a very select few, possibly only 95% of the league could do!

Heyoooo*

Didnt watch the game, was at the dentist.

How were we?

3-0?

Oh, nevermind.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Lets bake him a cake lol

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
That press conference when he sniped at the press changed things. Torts knows he can't be like that to the beat writers and especially Sam. Also knows he's being watched much closer. He's definitely scared.

Won't be fired this year though, and shouldn't be. This team isn't talented enough.

NYR510

Apr 7, 2009
"We try to stay out of the way offensively"

and how has that worked for you?

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
This team had no pulse today....

in the locker room emotionally not physically. Emotionally they are down/depressed basically. If you harp and ream into them they just will go down and feel worse and then it just would look even worse emotionally for them.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
How did Torts magical training camps work out for us every other year?

08-09 - 7th place, 1st round exit
09-10 - 9th place, No playoffs
10-11 - 8th Place, 1st Round Exit
11-12 - 1st Place, ECF
12-13 - 9th Place

Last year was the anomoly. This is who we are with this coach. Fighting to get into the playoffs, to accomplish nothing once we get there.

Just checked out his TB record on hockeydb

2001-02 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 27 40 11 4 0.421 Out of Playoffs
2002-03 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 36 25 16 5 0.567 Lost in round 2
2003-04 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 46 22 8 6 0.646 Won Championship
2005-06 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 43 33 0 6 0.561 Lost in round 1
2006-07 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 44 33 0 5 0.567 Lost in round 1
2007-08 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Head 82 31 42 0 9 0.433 Out of Playoffs

Pretty similar to his stint here. Except our anomaly wasn't a SC Championship. :cry:

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
"Get some ugly goals to change things". How about trying to score goals like the rest of the league.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
That press conference when he sniped at the press changed things. Torts knows he can't be like that to the beat writers and especially Sam. Also knows he's being watched much closer. He's definitely scared.

Won't be fired this year though, and shouldn't be. This team isn't talented enough.
I personally dont think he is that good of a coach. he basically admitted that he doesnt concentrate on offense at all. Im not saying defense isnt important but in order to win in this league you need to be able to score a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad