Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You do not trade a Norris Trophy quality player for an unknown. You want to trade him for Taylor Hall fine. Would you trade him for Nail Yakupov? He was pretty sure fire. I wouldn't.

And what was Taylor Hall two years ago? An unknown.

The last #1 overall forward to not end up being elite is probably Nathan Horton 10 years ago and he's still damn good. Those picks are infallible.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Hank looks like a BEATEN man.

He never blames his team but he just said "I have to give us a chance to win and whatever happens in front of me, I can't control. I have to be better though".

And, IMO, he still gave us a chance to win tonight, keeping it 1-0 until 12 minutes left in the third. He's human. But he gives this team a chance to win 99% of nights. The team in front of him is playing awful, awful hockey.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
if you are sather or dolan, you cannot panic and fire torts in a short season with no training camp. Torts is known for his training camp because it brings the team together, what you are seeing right now is the problem without a torts training camp. You can't base the teams play of this messed up season of only 48 games that is so out of the norm. I said before if you go through a full training camp next season and about 30 games into that season then you contemplate letting Torts go. Not now when there are only 21 games left in the season, no coach could come in here and change this team in 21 games. It would take over 10 games for a new coach to get his gameplan into a team by then its too late if you aren't in the playoff picture.

Lundqvist interview sounds like a mini Torts. One word answers. I feel for him, he sounds so down after a loss, especially today!

Bardof425*

The last #1 overall forward to not end up being elite is probably Nathan Horton 10 years ago and he's still damn good. Those picks are infallible.

Exactly, I wouldn't have traded for him in his draft year. You don't trade a player of Ryan McDonagh's quality for a kid who has zero NHL games. You just don't.

Kershaw

LMAO.

Rangers fans think ANY of our players will get Taylor Hall? Keep dreaming.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Thats EXACTLY it and how it has been since Torts has been here. We are a dump and chase system who want to cycle the puck every chance they get. Its very low percentage hockey and it stinks. We dont even use our defensemen to play the puck like we should to create space for our forwards and force the opposition to play back. I cant stand when I see our 3 forwards in the corner fighting for the puck while our 2 Dmen sit back near the blueline twiddling their thumbs. PASS the puck back to them and let them do something.

Hey bro at least we both get to watch UFC 158! That's the only thing keeping me happy. I got Condit, and GSP.

Kershaw

Exactly, I wouldn't have traded for him in his draft year. You don't trade a player of Ryan McDonagh's quality for a kid who has zero NHL games. You just don't.

McDonagh played 0 NHL games at one point.

Scott Gomez was a proven winner, former elite #1 center.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank is clearly upset with the rest of the team. How soon till he demands a trade?

Are you people serious with this crap? God it's tough to be here sometimes.

No, Henrik will not be demanding a trade. He will be a New York Ranger for life. He loves New York and won't leave.

These boards after tough losses and losing streaks are brutal. The issues are elsewhere.

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
I guess systems really do play a big role because Johnny Malkin was HORRIBLE here. I'm really never one to overreact but for the love of us Ranger fans who like watching exciting hockey, please fire torts now.

Game after game is a snoozer

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
LMAO.

Rangers fans think ANY of our players will get Taylor Hall? Keep dreaming.

We're not gonna get Taylor Hall, no. What I'm hoping for is someday getting a pick that will get us a guy of his mold.

That's kind of my whole point. Players as good as Hall never become available. We need to draft a gamebreaking forward.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Are you people serious with this crap? God it's tough to be here sometimes.

No, Henrik will not be demanding a trade. He will be a New York Ranger for life. He loves New York and won't leave.

These boards after tough losses and losing streaks are brutal. The issues are elsewhere.

I was biting my tongue and did not want to say this, so Thank You for saying it! :yo:

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny

Lundqvist looked as dejected postgame as I have seen him in a long, long time

Guy wants to win, not waste his career... Can you imagine him in Pittsburgh or Detroit? Sheeesh...

You won't have to imagine it. Hank will leave NY if this team continues ******** the bed every season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad