Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Terrible game. I don't think there was one Ranger who you could say had a good game. they were out worked from start to finish.
The difference in skill between our top 6 forwards and bottom 6 forwards is too great. I realise that we had to give up those 'tweener' players to get Nash, but Slats had to do something to bring in a few replacements.

When is Staal going to be back? The current D group is running around far to much in their own zone, also, they can't give a breakout pass to save their lives

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What that kid needs is more Jam!

tumblr_m94i1qgABv1qkec3eo1_400.jpg

Even the "jam" is missing from our game. We just have a bunch of mis-matched parts.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Tort will not be fired this season, guys. The "Fire Torts" crowd can really just can it already. He'll get the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season depending on how we finish.

If we blow chunks starting next season, he'll be gone. That's a fact.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
"we had some good chances" blah blah blah "we stunk" blah blah blah

Probably the gist of Tort's post-game comments

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Well you can make a modest trade and pray that team folds or get fleeced by a gutter team and make sure it's top 10. I go for the latter.

You mean the former? Or you're in favor of paying up for a guaranteed top 10 pick?

I'm not in favor of getting fleeced, obviously, but I don't want to just trade for a first because. It would be huge for this team to draft like 5th overall. Drafting 16th overall isn't going to help much, for several years. If that's going to be the case, I don't necessarily MIND trading for the pick, but it's not a priority for me either. Having a first this year so that they can be a rookie who needs seasoning and a few more years to develop, in the 2015-2016 season isn't on the top of my list. A kid who might be special and can come in in a year or two and actually be an impact player is a different story, but the price tag is in a different ballpark.

NYR510

Apr 7, 2009
If they keep losing I'd like to see Kreider playing a lot. Really no reason not to. It'll only make him better.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
He is a turnover machine but he is VERY young and playing with Boyle aka the black hole. He cant shoot? Have you seen his first goal?
Fine but Kreider was plaing with trash and he didnt get as many chances as miller does

DoTheBlue

No Expectations
Apr 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
Tort will not be fired this season, guys. The "Fire Torts" crowd can really just can it already. He'll get the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season depending on how we finish.

If we blow chunks starting next season, he'll be gone. That's a fact.

That's the way I see it going down also.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
If they keep losing I'd like to see Kreider playing a lot. Really no reason not to. It'll only make him better.
Wont happen with Torts here. Until Kreider basically blocks shots all the time and forgets offense he will never play lol

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm with you man, I agree with the philosophy regarding not giving up and watching even if we are dead last. But what makes this hurt even more is we gutted half of our team for a "superstar" that can't play defense, takes stupid penalties, but makes nice dekes here and there and is our leading scorer. I honestly think if we kept our team together from last season, we would be doing much better. We were supposed to be the big bad wolf of the East. Now we can't even get out of our own zone...we use the board and the walls, everybody knows Tort's system is very weak. It relies on fluky goals and plays from behind the net. Can we PLEASE get a change of attitude and mentality? I am tired of Torts because he doesn't take the blame, he always deflects it to the players. He never adjusts in-game. He just has no pulse on the team...

I agree with taking Richards off the team. We play better without him slowing us down. I really want Tortorella and Richards far,far away off this team.

We traded two forwards, a pick and a prospect. In hindsight, Sather really, really should have made a serious effort to hold on to everyone aside from Dubi and AA. Losing only them would have softened the blow IMO, but they lost both of them, Prust, Feds and even Mitchell, who was a useful player in his role and comfortable in this system.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
We traded two forwards, a pick and a prospect. In hindsight, Sather really, really should have made a serious effort to hold on to everyone aside from Dubi and AA. Losing only them would have softened the blow IMO, but they lost both of them, Prust, Feds and even Mitchell, who was a useful player in his role and comfortable in this system.

Sather failed to replace them. Plain and simple. They weren't lighting the world on fire last season but our bottom 6 now is even worse

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Wow even on the Pen's board, they are saying the Rangers are playing like they want Tortorella fired.

Some Ranger fans want to act oblivious to it, but at the end of the day:

Gaborik
Richards
Nash

And this team is struggling to score goals?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You mean the former? Or you're in favor of paying up for a guaranteed top 10 pick?

I'm not in favor of getting fleeced, obviously, but I don't want to just trade for a first because. It would be huge for this team to draft like 5th overall. Drafting 16th overall isn't going to help much, for several years. If that's going to be the case, I don't necessarily MIND trading for the pick, but it's not a priority for me either. Having a first this year so that they can be a rookie who needs seasoning and a few more years to develop, in the 2015-2016 season isn't on the top of my list. A kid who might be special and can come in in a year or two and actually be an impact player is a different story, but the price tag is in a different ballpark.

At this point I'd trade McDonagh to Edmonton for their first. All the elite offensive talent these days comes from the draft. The only ones that hit free agency are the ones that are soft and inconsistent. Name an elite offensive talent, and 95% he's playing for the team that drafted him. I'm sick of not scoring and I'm sick of this team not drafting elite forwards. Who's the last elite forward we drafted, Andy ****ing Bathgate?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

I agree with this. If you're going to bite the bullet and move two serviceable, middle-six, homegrown guys from he core, make every effort to limit overall roster turnover elsewhere. I'd gladly overpay Prust by .75M and still have Feds and Mitchell on the roster, just because it keeps the team more cohesive and keeps the family vibe. Too much overall turnover seems to have washed away the glue. The guys don't seem to care for each other, the sweater, or anything else right now.

Bardof425*

Taylor Pyatt is a 4th line player. Brian Boyle is a 4th line player. JT Miller at this point in his career is a 4th line player. They are out 3rd line. That's one problem. Our offensive players have quit on this coach. Torts and his stubborness and arrogance have gutted this team. Right now we suck; not much else to say except fire this jackass and turn the page. It cannot get worse. If Gaborik doesn't start trying for the new guy, move him for whatever.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Sather failed to replace them. Plain and simple. They weren't lighting the world on fire last season but our bottom 6 now is even worse

TRUE! Even if he can bring in someone like Prust, just a guy that plays his heart out and adds toughness and stands up for his teammates. Sather NEEDS to get a guy like that SOON!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad