Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Floating, fighting the puck. passes to nowhere, fumbles at the bluelines...

I used to get mad watching Rangers games when they played like this. I'm too old for that now, I just mutter curses under my breath and change the channel and skip the postgame. I would usually just say to myself it is a long season. Well not this year. I hadn't been as excited for a season like this in a long time. Watching games this season has been an exercise in frustration and disillusionment.

Something needs to change. Shake the line-up a bit. What ever happened to safe is death? We are playing safety first. Guys are playing tight with no creativity and are a step slow all over the ice.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I was actually surprised that Torts made an adjustment in game. He must have told the players to pressure the Defense in the Defensive zone after the 1st period. There was much fewer shots from the point in the 2nd and 3rd.

Bardof425*

It makes too much sense so Torts wont do it lol

You must get Boyle off the 3rd line for it to have any chance of scoring. Miller is playing well with the puck but invariably the puck goes to Boyle and then everything screaches to a halt. He is brutal and as long as he is our 3rd line center we have two 4th lines.

GFiP*

I'm just glad they didnt get any garbage time goals to pad their atrocious stats.

Rangers4Life74

Dec 19, 2008
Lines for next game

Boyle Richards Powe
Pyatt Halpern Bickell
Nash Stepan Callahan
Gaborik Miller Hagelin

Need more dumping and chasing in the top 2 lines...BOOM!

Have to fire Torts now.

No,its not fair,but you cant fire the entire team and they arent responding to him or his style anymore

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
FIRE TORTORELLA, bring Kreider back up please!
Kreider must be begging to be traded. Either thant or he is praying for Torts to get fired. I think the fcat that Kreider stayed in school in 2010 pissed Torts off. I guess its bad that the kid wanted to have an education fire lol

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What good does picking 15-30th again do? If we're going to acquire a pick, we might as well pay up and make it a top 10.

Well you can make a modest trade and pray that team folds or get fleeced by a gutter team and make sure it's top 10. I go for the latter.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Does it matter what coaches are out there? No one knew who Dan Bylsma was before he was made coach of the Pens. Sometimes you gotta just change coaches to wake up a team and/or change the system. Look at the Caps last year too.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Kreider must be begging to be traded. Either thant or he is praying for Torts to get fired. I think the fcat that Kreider stayed in school in 2010 pissed Torts off. I guess its bad that the kid wanted to have an education fire lol

What that kid needs is more Jam!

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
You must get Boyle off the 3rd line for it to have any chance of scoring. Miller is playing well with the puck but invariably the puck goes to Boyle and then everything screaches to a halt. He is brutal and as long as he is our 3rd line center we have two 4th lines.
never been a big fan of miller. yes he has pyck poise but he is a turnover machine and he cant shoot

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Good: I have Fluery in both my fantasy leagues
The Bad: I should have gone to the gym rather than watch this
The Redden; This team

Please trade Boyle or give Christian Thomas another shot for Monday. This team is disgusting to watch, like 1993 WWF disgusting, like Star Trek Nemesis disgusting, like Lou Reed/Metallica album disgusting.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

m21034-20120601-201417-p2.jpg

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
:laugh: And Ottawa is missing Karlsson and Spezza. And Michalek was injured for a long time. If not for that, we would be absolutely dead last in offense.

Yeah, but when Gaborik will grace this team with his presence, we'll be 13th in goals scored.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Baseless speculation.

If Kreider can only play quality NHL hockey with a coach that is going to coddle him, and he wants to be traded because he was sent to the AHL after lackluster performances on every single line (which has never been as much as suggested until now) - he's never, ever going to make it as a professional player.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
What good does picking 15-30th again do? If we're going to acquire a pick, we might as well pay up and make it a top 10.

Listen, whatever, another bad game. We're going through a terrible stretch and it's putrid and revolting. I don't know why the team comes out so flat. I don't know why they seem less like a team than they have at any point since the last lockout. I don't know why the talented guys can't perform. I don't know why Torts can't adapt. I don't know and I don't even care. I'm never going to just give up on the TEAM and say "well, that's the season". I'd watch even if we were a bottom dweller. I'm not going to tear individuals up and try to diagnose the problems.

But PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, get Richards off this team.

I'm with you man, I agree with the philosophy regarding not giving up and watching even if we are dead last. But what makes this hurt even more is we gutted half of our team for a "superstar" that can't play defense, takes stupid penalties, but makes nice dekes here and there and is our leading scorer. I honestly think if we kept our team together from last season, we would be doing much better. We were supposed to be the big bad wolf of the East. Now we can't even get out of our own zone...we use the board and the walls, everybody knows Tort's system is very weak. It relies on fluky goals and plays from behind the net. Can we PLEASE get a change of attitude and mentality? I am tired of Torts because he doesn't take the blame, he always deflects it to the players. He never adjusts in-game. He just has no pulse on the team...

I agree with taking Richards off the team. We play better without him slowing us down. I really want Tortorella and Richards far,far away off this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad