Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
A Best of seven playoff series is much different than 3 or 4 random games during the regular season. Scouting and game preparation is much more thorough. Players better learn the tendencies of their specific opponents. Tempers get shorter.

All of that said, I think that Gallant is out coaching St. Rod, the Rangers scouts have done a better job preparing the team for their opponents and the Rangers are tilting this series. This series is mimicking other playoff series in the past. Remember when the Rangers swept the regular season against the Devils but had to go to double overtime in the seventh game to win that series? Many similar examples.

Going in, I thought the Rangers had a punchers chance only because of Igor. Now I think the series is a toss up tilting towards the Rangers. Not what I expected but I’m pleasantly surprised. And I’m especially surprised (pleasantly) by how well Gallant is coaching this team.

D
Does anyone realize if we get by Carolina, we will likely be in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Besides taking all 3 games against the Bolts during the regular season, that included 2 games in Tampa,.... we will have home ice advantage next round and that is huge.

Talk about a reason to live and play another day. Oh Baby!

View attachment 551718
Don't bank on it. See above.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Don't bank on it.
No one is banking on it. But the fact, that Tampa beat Florida means we will have home ice advantage in the next round.

That's if we get past the Canes. They still have an advantage we need to overcome.

Just saying if we do get past the Canes, we will have a big advantage next round. I'm not saying the Bolts would be a cake walk either. Would likely go seven games where our advantage would kick in.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I’d have to disagree. Carolina owned us during the regular season and here we are notted at 2-2. Tampa is playing incredibly well and their oversized goalie will be tough.
The only game we lost so far at home, had to go to 3 OT periods. Having home ice vs Tampa is HUGE!

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
The only game we lost so far at home, had to go to 3 OT periods. Having home ice vs Tampa is HUGE!

I agree. I'm not saying we're going to lose to Tampa if we advance, but they are playing as well as any team right now. They just dismantled the President's Trophy winners. Getting Blais and Goodrow back would be huge.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I can't imagine Goodrow is in play this series. He hasn't been on the ice yet for any of the optional skates.

Also, if he is coming in....I'd imagine its for Kakko right now. That would set this place on fire.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
So I know this is an absolutely ridiculous reason, but part of me feels like I wouldn’t love winning the Cup this year because it’s the Rangers, I know we will only get one of these per generation, and I don’t want to have to spend the rest of my life celebrating this win listening to Sean McDonaugh’s calls on highlight replays.

I can’t f***ing stand him. I didn’t like Doc Emrick either but I’ve watched that “Stepan! In Overtime! The Rangers move on to Tampa!” call about a thousand times and it never gets old.

This guy, effing put me to sleep. If I had to spend 20 years waiting for another Cup with a cal of his as the only one I get to treasure, I’d feel completely cheated. Thank God we had Sam on the Panarin winner against the Pens.

ESPN simply MUST replace him. He’s literally ruining the experience.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Lets see if we get a Goodrow siting today.
goodrow hasnt even started skating. He's likely got a broken foot. thats not a quick heal.
Once he starts skating then we have a better timetable.
Blais may be back sooner than goodrow.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
goodrow hasnt even started skating. He's likely got a broken foot. thats not a quick heal.
Once he starts skating then we have a better timetable.
Blais may be back sooner than goodrow.
would be nice to get Goodrow, but like said, ain't happening yet.
I am more excited about getting Sammy back. He's NOT the type of player that is so skilled that he needs fine tuning (imo). He will bring his size and his intestinal fortitude that will be EXACTLY what the Rangers envisioned for the PO's all along. Best yet.....he will be a needed set of fresh legs. He will likely make a difference over whomever he replaces.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
A Best of seven playoff series is much different than 3 or 4 random games during the regular season. Scouting and game preparation is much more thorough. Players better learn the tendencies of their specific opponents. Tempers get shorter.

All of that said, I think that Gallant is out coaching St. Rod, the Rangers scouts have done a better job preparing the team for their opponents and the Rangers are tilting this series. This series is mimicking other playoff series in the past. Remember when the Rangers swept the regular season against the Devils but had to go to double overtime in the seventh game to win that series? Many similar examples.

Going in, I thought the Rangers had a punchers chance only because of Igor. Now I think the series is a toss up tilting towards the Rangers. Not what I expected but I’m pleasantly surprised. And I’m especially surprised (pleasantly) by how well Gallant is coaching this team.

D

Don't bank on it. See above.
Rangers and devils never played a game 7 that went to double OT?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Does anyone realize if we get by Carolina, we will likely be in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Besides taking all 3 games against the Bolts during the regular season, that included 2 games in Tampa,.... we will have home ice advantage next round and that is huge.

View attachment 551718
I like the optimism but jeez you're getting quite a bit ahead of yourself.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
would be nice to get Goodrow, but like said, ain't happening yet.
I am more excited about getting Sammy back. He's NOT the type of player that is so skilled that he needs fine tuning (imo). He will bring his size and his intestinal fortitude that will be EXACTLY what the Rangers envisioned for the PO's all along. Best yet.....he will be a needed set of fresh legs. He will likely make a difference over whomever he replaces.
I'm not so sure about that. ACL injuries usually put players heavily out of shape. Not sure Sammy is anywhere even close to game shape right now.

Reactions: Larrybiv

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Also Copp is a really good player who the Rangers should do everything they can to keep this summer.

What hes been able to accomplish on one leg with a woefully ineffective Panarin has been pretty great.

If you watch the games carefully, you can see the double teaming on Panarin opens up a lot for him. That goal by Copper last game happened because two players tried to cover the back door pass to Panarin and left Copp right open. So everyone can say Panarin has been ineffective, but I would say the opposite simply because the other team has to focus their attention him.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm not so sure about that. ACL injuries usually put players heavily out of shape. Not sure Sammy is anywhere even close to game shape right now.
Not sure about that, the rehab is very intense. He would’ve been spending more time in the gym than anybody these past 9 months, that includes doing cardio. Perhaps his skating isn’t 100% yet if he went there long without it but I don’t think he should be badly out of shape

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I can't imagine Goodrow is in play this series. He hasn't been on the ice yet for any of the optional skates.

Also, if he is coming in....I'd imagine its for Kakko right now. That would set this place on fire.
Kakko and Chytl out. GG loves his Reaves. Plus he can't have enough PKers so Rooney is here to stay. We are a bad Laf game away from him taking a seat for McKegg.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

View attachment 551718
Uhm, Tampa is home resting while our guys are out here getting beat up some more. Don't count your chickens.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

View attachment 551718
This is a pretty awful take. Tampa right now looks primed for a 3pete. Rangers will need to be at the very top of their game if they even want to have a chance against them. Not ruling out the possibility that they can win, but I would say the Lightning would be the clear favorites in that series.

Reactions: haveandare

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Uhm, Tampa is home resting while our guys are out here getting beat up some more. Don't count your chickens.

Lmao who is beating up our guys in either of these series we've played/are currently playing? Canes are pillow soft. Pittsburgh too.

We have to win at least one game in Carolina. This is the biggest test for this team at the moment and all they're thinking about right now. Not one bit of sense thinking about Tampa.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't know how much a week off is going to really help Tampa if they even get that much time off.

They've played so much hockey in the last calendar year.

Not sure about that, the rehab is very intense. He would’ve been spending more time in the gym than anybody these past 9 months, that includes doing cardio. Perhaps his skating isn’t 100% yet if he went there long without it but I don’t think he should be badly out of shape

Sport specific shape is very different than being in shape.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I don’t want to look too far ahead or count my chickens or anything I would just love to have a crack at the champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad