Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Just saw that Blais skated with the boys this morning, wonder how far out he is. He would be a presence in a series like this with his speed a physicality.

Reactions: leetch99

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Just saw that Blais skated with the boys this morning, wonder how far out he is. He would be a presence in a series like this with his speed a physicality.
+Goodrow
+Blais

I'm guessing he's far out still... Maybe late series if we don't sweep Carolina :sarcasm:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Last game, 3rd period and all was the best game we've played these playoffs. They looked like the team that played after the trade deadline. Stifling defensive hockey. The Rangers were forced to play a way they aren't well equipped to play against the Pens and it damn near cost them.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So the ice is going to be BRUTAL the next 2 games....suppose to be 100 degrees in Raleigh tomorrow, and 90 in NYC on Sunday, does this favor us? Canes are definitely the faster team so that should slow them down.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Bruin fan here, since my B's are out i'm pulling for the Rangers to win it all. I pull for you guys whenever they aren't playing my Bruins, just something about that team and can't really put my finger on it. It's funny because I don't really care for any other NY team other than the Rangers, being a fan of all the NE teams.

Anyways, good luck to you guys, I hope you stomp the Canes and get to the finals and win it all.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
So the ice is going to be BRUTAL the next 2 games....suppose to be 100 degrees in Raleigh tomorrow, and 90 in NYC on Sunday, does this favor us? Canes are definitely the faster team so that should slow them down.
Does not favor the east west loafing stromboli line

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Here's one thing I don't understand. Lots of takes about how the Canes won't play this bad after this game and how we blew an opportunity. I agree with both things but you guys realize even if the Rangers won they'd need to win 3 more against a Canes team that will play better than they played game 1. So if they can't possibly take the series now because the Canes won't play that poorly again, then they couldn't take it even if they did take game 1.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The Canes are a lot more beatable then they were in the regular season . The Bruins took a pound of flesh from that team.....we need to utilize that . Likely be another 7 gamer .

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Here's one thing I don't understand. Lots of takes about how the Canes won't play this bad after this game and how we blew an opportunity. I agree with both things but you guys realize even if the Rangers won they'd need to win 3 more against a Canes team that will play better than they played game 1. So if they can't possibly take the series now because the Canes won't play that poorly again, then they couldn't take it even if they did take game 1.
Get out of here with your logic and stuff!

Anyone know how the Rangers can fix the faceoff issue?
Patrice Bergeron is pretty free right now. Offer lessons?

Bruin fan here, since my B's are out i'm pulling for the Rangers to win it all. I pull for you guys whenever they aren't playing my Bruins, just something about that team and can't really put my finger on it. It's funny because I don't really care for any other NY team other than the Rangers, being a fan of all the NE teams.

Anyways, good luck to you guys, I hope you stomp the Canes and get to the finals and win it all.
You're weird!

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I didn't think the Canes were particularly bad. We scored one goal and it was a tight game.

If you play "bad" against the Rangers, you lose.

Reactions: CLW

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
My two cents

Hurricanes got a pure momentum win yesterday, purely because Rangers did not score their goals that they have to score. It gave the Canes hope. It is a mental thing in every professional sport that if you get outplayed completely and are still in reach to win, momentum is on your side.

Rangers have the better overal lines and better team on paper. All that the Hurricanes have on the Rangers is experience. That is it imo. Our 3rd line they can’t answer. 4th line they are better, first two lines are equal, defensively it is a complete riddle to me how they, with the names they ice, can be so good. Can’t be, you gotta expose skjei, smith, d’Angelo.

If that Canes team does not win tomorrow and we do, it will go to game 7. And we will win that game. Rangers are a better team but still new to playoff hockey. That is all.

These Rangers kids are learning very fast, it is awesome to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad