Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Machinehead is unrecognizable.
So are the Rangers the last few months.

The Pittsburgh series wasn't "good" analytically but it was fun. They've stopped playing that "I hate myself" brand of hockey where you just never think they're gonna score at even strength again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So are the Rangers the last few months.

The Pittsburgh series wasn't "good" analytically but it was fun. They've stopped playing that "I hate myself" brand of hockey where you just never think they're gonna score at even strength again.

But AV's team scored at even strength and you hated them.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
One overlooked part of Game 1 - it was so refreshing playing with “normal” officiating again.

The Strome penalty was a garbage call, but being able to relax when the Rangers threw a hit when they had the lead was amazing.

It’s so just clearly obvious the refs were favoring Pittsburgh last series.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So, I pointed out the other night that I had literally just ordered a Lindgren jersey like 2 days or so before the game. I wanted to make sure you guys realized I wasn't just kidding. This came from HockeyAuthentic.

Arrived today. I have . . . incredible (?) . . . timing.

ALSO, the PrimeGreen jerseys run quite slim as others have said. I normally wear a 54/56 (54 tighter, 56 a much looser look). This 60 is really the equivalent of a 56.

So size up one full size.

IMG_0219 (1).jpeg
IMG_0220 (1).jpeg

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
So, I pointed out the other night that I had literally just ordered a Lindgren jersey like 2 days or so before the game. I wanted to make sure you guys realized I wasn't just kidding. This came from HockeyAuthentic.

Arrived today. I have . . . incredible (?) . . . timing.

ALSO, the PrimeGreen jerseys run quite slim as others have said. I normally wear a 54/56 (54 tighter, 56 a much looser look). This 60 is really the equivalent of a 56.

So size up one full size.

Thanks for this. I haven't had a new (or real) jersey in about ten years, so I'm totally out of the loop with sizing. Going to try to convince my fiance to work a Rangers jersey into the wedding budget. I'm between an away Lindgren or a home Shesterkin...decisions.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I feel pretty good about the series. All it takes is one mistake, and it happened last night and turned the tide.

We had 40 minutes of near-perfect hockey. This series can end up being closer than anyone might have expected.

I was hoping we'd get the win to get a quick start, especially since Carolina had a few days rest, but the team looked pretty good overall, and Igor looks to be rounding back into his regular season form.

No matter what, you have to feel pretty proud of the team this year.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I havent seen much Reavo-action this playoffs at all. Have Gallant been holding him back?
This is what happens when a coach decides that a team needs to win, so they play their skilled and impactful players more than the non-skilled and less impactful ones.

Reactions: egelband

uran

Oct 1, 2006
I would play Hunt instead of Reaves in game 5. I know Reaves had good influence. But the fourth line got pinned in their zone few times. I am sure Canes will try Aho line against our fourth line.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I would play Hunt instead of Reaves in game 5. I know Reaves had good influence. But the fourth line got pinned in their zone few times. I am sure Canes will try Aho line against our fourth line.
Reavo misplaying the puck along the boards in the 2nd was the first time all playoffs he didn't execute a Dzone clear. He's been spectacularly solid. Let the big boy eat.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Does anyone realize if we get by Carolina, we will likely be in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Besides taking all 3 games against the Bolts during the regular season, that included 2 games in Tampa,.... we will have home ice advantage next round and that is huge.

Talk about a reason to live and play another day. Oh Baby!

Wednesday Addams dancing_1.gif

Last edited:

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
Does anyone realize if we get by Carolina, we will likely be in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Besides taking all 3 games against the Bolts during the regular season, that included 2 games in Tampa,.... we will have home ice advantage next round and that is huge.

View attachment 551718

I’d have to disagree. Carolina owned us during the regular season and here we are notted at 2-2. Tampa is playing incredibly well and their oversized goalie will be tough.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018

View attachment 551718
Likely? Really pushing it

Reactions: blue425
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad