Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Imagine if the Rangers had gotten a solid LD instead of a RD at the deadline. That would've given them a better chance to run 3 solid d-pairs. Now with Braun having to play LD they are gonna burn out the top 2 D-pairs.

They were in on all the big rental D and they all went for overpayments. We would've killed them for that. Not fair to bash them for it in hindsight.

It might have been Staple, but I believe the Rangers wanted Leddy but balked at the asking price.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Guys I haven't been able to drink coffee or have any caffeine since that Breadman OT winner, my body is so full of excitement if I have any nicotine or caffeine I will have a panic attack, I am so pumped up. And so happy, my step dad just passed away on April 22nd (The night after we beat the Isles which he saw, was the last game he ever saw and maybe last thing he saw before falling asleep for the last time) he was a season ticket holder, etc, I posted about him in the FB groups. I am just so happy after this whole month has been so brutal, my step dad on his FB page had the Rangers logo as his background image, most people have pitcures of their families, he had the Rangers logo hahahaha. We bonded so much over the Rangers my entire life, he took me to my first game in 93 at MSG, I remember him pointing out Adam Graves #9 and the CAPTAIN Mark Messier #11 and Richter. Oh man what an emotional thing that series and OT winner was, the Breadman was also our fav player, I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Rip Dad!!!

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Raleigh is kinda gorgeous, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs. Durham, Chapel Hill.

Also please stay away, we are full.
I used to live in Holly Springs, before Holly Springs blew up into what it is today. Had to move to Charlotte in 2006.

Anyway, the latest on the ticket nonsense is that the Hurricanes want to limit scalping, so that's why they're limiting sales to only "locals". I can smell that bullshit from 150 miles away. Like there are no scalpers in the Triangle.

This is going to backfire spectacularly om them. The normally non-aggressive Ranger fans that attend games there are going to get louder and crazier.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Scheider, a young rookie, may very well be good one day, but these days it ain't it. There is nothing we can do about it though. Nemeth is probably worse, Braun is trying to not be. Would take a disaster for Gallant to dress Jones or Hajek. We have to fight through this huge hole.
It does not help Schneider when he is stuck out there pinned in with Reaves huffing and puffing and skating inside a 3 ft circle after a trip back and forth . Think about the amount of times that happened.....leave Reaves home and insert Gauthier/Hunt/Brodz ....more foot speed . One game....try it .

Reactions: Unpredictable1

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Guys I haven't been able to drink coffee or have any caffeine since that Breadman OT winner, my body is so full of excitement if I have any nicotine or caffeine I will have a panic attack, I am so pumped up. And so happy, my step dad just passed away on April 22nd (The night after we beat the Isles which he saw, was the last game he ever saw and maybe last thing he saw before falling asleep for the last time) he was a season ticket holder, etc, I posted about him in the FB groups. I am just so happy after this whole month has been so brutal, my step dad on his FB page had the Rangers logo as his background image, most people have pitcures of their families, he had the Rangers logo hahahaha. We bonded so much over the Rangers my entire life, he took me to my first game in 93 at MSG, I remember him pointing out Adam Graves #9 and the CAPTAIN Mark Messier #11 and Richter. Oh man what an emotional thing that series and OT winner was, the Breadman was also our fav player, I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Rip Dad!!!
I'm sorry for you loss man. I cant even imagine what you are going through. Thankfully you have the Rangers right now to help. 😢

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Sorry for your loss. God bless 🙏

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Sorry for your loss.

LGR

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The series will be a massacre if we don't figure out how to sustain a forecheck and get clean breakouts. Carolina forward group is too deep, too big, too skilled and too fast for NYR to get stuck in our own zone. Pucks have to get out and absolutely get deep. The most consistent failure we have game in and game out is puck management. Far too often we don;'t get the puck deep. We chip it out to the NZ or we chip it into the zone but it doesn't get below the goal line. We will simply wear out if we cannot get the puck below the goal line consistently. If the Canes have a weakness it's below the goal line. We have to punish their D, create turnovers and get shots from the point. We start getting hemmed in repeatedly or fail to get the puck deep, our already worn down D and G will falter. We may not have the personnel nor the health to get by CAR but it's going to start and end with puck management. Which scares me.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The series will be a massacre if we don't figure out how to sustain a forecheck and get clean breakouts. Carolina forward group is too deep, too big, too skilled and too fast for NYR to get stuck in our own zone. Pucks have to get out and absolutely get deep. The most consistent failure we have game in and game out is puck management. Far too often we don;'t get the puck deep. We chip it out to the NZ or we chip it into the zone but it doesn't get below the goal line. We will simply wear out if we cannot get the puck below the goal line consistently. If the Canes have a weakness it's below the goal line. We have to punish their D, create turnovers and get shots from the point. We start getting hemmed in repeatedly or fail to get the puck deep, our already worn down D and G will falter. We may not have the personnel nor the health to get by CAR but it's going to start and end with puck management. Which scares me.
You don't post enough

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Sorry for your loss. Glad you're enjoying this post season in his memory. He's probably looking down and smiling from out there somewhere.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
NHL refs still f*** up all the time but there will be no lifelines tossed out to Carolina by the Zebras ala Pittsburgh.

If we go down 5 v 3 against them at any point in this series, I'm confident it will be because we actually deserved to go down 5 v 3.

That was one of the most bizarre things. I legit remember two 5 on 3s all year, there were probably more but even if it was 4 or 5. There were THREE 5 on 3s in 7 games in this series, all against the Rangers. One was an incredibly rare one where there were two penalties at the same time.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Sorry for your loss.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The Rangers have proven to be a resilient team and they have the horses to make dynamic plays at opportune times. The biggest hurdle for them is going to be clearing the zone. Pittsburgh kept bringing their D low to pressure along the boards and force turnovers around the circles. Carolina is a better forechecking team than Pittsburgh. The forwards are going to have to come low and help out. They're going to have to play a system of support and commit to a defensive game to beat Carolina. I don't know if they have the personnel to do it. As one poster said above, puck management is going to be extremely important. If they clamp down defensively, it will breathe some confidence into Shesterkin, and then try to be opportunistic offensively. I'm not suggesting they turtle, but just commit more to a defensive structure and not worry about putting up points individually. If they do that, they have a chance to win the series.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Rangers have proven to be a resilient team and they have the horses to make dynamic plays at opportune times. The biggest hurdle for them is going to be clearing the zone. Pittsburgh kept bringing their D low to pressure along the boards and force turnovers around the circles. Carolina is a better forechecking team than Pittsburgh. The forwards are going to have to come low and help out. They're going to have to play a system of support and commit to a defensive game to beat Carolina. I don't know if they have the personnel to do it. As one poster said above, puck management is going to be extremely important. If they clamp down defensively, it will breathe some confidence into Shesterkin, and then try to be opportunistic offensively. I'm not suggesting they turtle, but just commit more to a defensive structure and not worry about putting up points individually. If they do that, they have a chance to win the series.

Pretty much all of this. I'd actually say Carolina gave Pittsburgh the book on how to play us. Carolina besieged this team doing exactly this. Heavy pressure on the defensemen behind the net, defensemen pinching in to pressure the opposing puck carriers, crash the slot and the goalie and get lots of shots on goal. Wear down Shesterkin and Fox. Carolina can do what Pittsburgh did to use, but better, and they're deeper up and down the lineup and will get better goaltending.

At the first sign of trouble moving the puck, I'd get Jones in for Braun or Schneider. I see them struggling most this series.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm sorry for your loss.

Pretty much all of this. I'd actually say Carolina gave Pittsburgh the book on how to play us. Carolina besieged this team doing exactly this. Heavy pressure on the defensemen behind the net, defensemen pinching in to pressure the opposing puck carriers, crash the slot and the goalie and get lots of shots on goal. Wear down Shesterkin and Fox. Carolina can do what Pittsburgh did to use, but better, and they're deeper up and down the lineup and will get better goaltending.

At the first sign of trouble moving the puck, I'd get Jones in for Braun or Schneider. I see them struggling most this series.
I think Braun and Schneider have been fine.

Carolina owned us all year but this time we have four games to figure them out. I feel confident for some strange reason.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

tenor (2).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad