Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The ticket restriction really screams inferiority complex to me. If any of the Carolina games was on a Saturday I would have shot down there and taken my cousin who lives in the area to his first hockey game. Yeah, I could have just had him pay but that restriction is absurd.
You can just get tickets off stubhub without restrictions.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Imagine if the Rangers had gotten a solid LD instead of a RD at the deadline. That would've given them a better chance to run 3 solid d-pairs. Now with Braun having to play LD they are gonna burn out the top 2 D-pairs.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
FS9_ur5WYAIk74S

Panarin's skates have Panarin written in the Panera bread font and a loaf of bread on them lol, also a loaf of bread engraved into the blade
He skates like they are about a size too large for his foot, maybe that’s just me though.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Copp and Panarin are both playing through something, but its most likely moderately serious at best (type of shit that you may miss 2-3 weeks with during the season.)

I think (hope?) that Panarin during the last round was just mildly bothered by some physical ailment and was just playing like ass - At least that way theres a chance for some real improvement in the next round.

Reactions: leetch99

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Imagine if the Rangers had gotten a solid LD instead of a RD at the deadline. That would've given them a better chance to run 3 solid d-pairs. Now with Braun having to play LD they are gonna burn out the top 2 D-pairs.
Not saying you're wrong but who was that guy? Lauzon? Giordano wasn't coming here. Chiarot cost a fortune (Thank goodness we didn't go there)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He skates like they are about a size too large for his foot, maybe that’s just me though.
Funny you say that, he grew up so poor that his skates were an adult pair of skates his grandpa found in a dumpster outside a rink, they were so big that he had to wear his shoes inside of the skates to fill them more. And his gloves were something his grandma made out of the leather of a boot.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The Pens were interfering on every single dump in. Like, leaving their lanes completely in order to interfere with the forward trying to get in on the forecheck. That is supposed to be an automatic call. That alone had a huge impact on our ability to actually establish a forecheck.

They also set a ton of moving picks. Many of them were executed perfectly and couldn't really warrant a call, but there were a few every game that were pretty clear interference.

Their ability to get away with interference on both ends had a pretty significant effect in slanting the ice at ES. If that's the way the games are going to be called, we need to adjust to it.
yup, i noticed it and its literally the way NJ won their 2.5 cups and Florida made their infamous run many years ago. It's very subtle and goes unnoticed, but it's a very effective way of neutralizing the speed of the opposition.
it sits on the line of fair/foul play. It's basically how A.I difficulty is achieved in the NHL (video game) series LOL.

If the refs don't call interference, it benefits the team that is deploying that system.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
playing reaves against this team is so stupid

he will be so ineffective. we will go back to the 4th line getting 6 minutes a game, which is fine but not really ideal.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
They are absolutely trying to prevent Ranger fans from taking over. Imagine if half that Arena was blue like in the regular season? It would be humiliating
Then let’s hope the snowbirds decided to extend their stay — though I don’t know if Carolina is south enough to be considered snowbird territory. In any event … who would want a second home in Raleigh?

Dropped on his head as a child maybe?

I mean, just objectively wrong.

He's trying to be the Rangers' version of Stephen A. Smith hating the Cowboys.
Also … why the Penguins love when they hardly played him during his time there? Shit for brains this guy.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It would be Schneider, who has struggled mightily.

I'm not trying to make Jones sound like some world beater. He isn't. I just think he deserved a more burn than he's gotten.
Too late for this season, without a slew of injuries. They're not going to throw a more or less untested rookie into the second round.

Then let’s hope the snowbirds decided to extend their stay — though I don’t know if Carolina is south enough to be considered snowbird territory. In any event … who would want a second home in Raleigh?

Also … why the Penguins love when they hardly played him during his time there? Shit for brains this guy.
Not snowbirds, just us people who moved here permanently

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Too late for this season, without a slew of injuries. They're not going to throw a more or less untested rookie into the second round.

Not snowbirds, just us people who moved here permanently
Apologies. I had confused Raleigh with Charlotte. Spent a few days there for business with Bank of America at their HQ. I’m sure Raleigh is much lovelier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad