Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
PP hitting for at least 1g a game... better 5v5 play, which is huge.
Good defensive structure, keeping them at bay and supporting one another.
Physical play is rattling some of them.
Getting to Raanta.

I like our odds at winning this series honestly.
Faceoffs though.

One thing I do find encouraging is we were an wide-open net shot away from being up 3-1 right now. Which feels right based on how we played last night. Sucks that it's tied in that context.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Feel like Ranger fans are starting to get a little over confident and it makes me nervous. Still alot of Hockey to play here, anything can happen.

Happy it hasn't been the slaughtering I was expecting, considering the regular season games we played.

I never like looking past the next game. Most importantly, Galant and the team have only gotten tighter and playing better than ever. IF THEY KEEP PLAYING THIS WAY... they should win the series.

Keep scoring on the PP, exploit their awful PP, play physical..

The improved 5v5 play is most noticeable.

Win on Thursday and well have our foot on their neck at the garden!

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Gallant said that Goodrow is "coming along good" if you listen to the clip. Sounds good to me.

I really like what Motte adds to that 3rd line. I think we could even easily see Goodrow replace Chytil there for minutes.

Kreider Zib Vatrano
Panarin Strome Copp
Laf Goodrow Motte

• Love

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Gallant said that Goodrow is "coming along good" if you listen to the clip. Sounds good to me.

I really like what Motte adds to that 3rd line. I think we could even easily see Goodrow replace Chytil there for minutes.

Kreider Zib Vatrano
Panarin Strome Copp
Laf Goodrow Motte
Ideally they would go back to the kid line and then a 4th line of Motte-Goodrow-Hunt. That's not very likely however because I doubt Reaves comes out of the lineup.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Kreider Zib Vatrano
Panarin Strome Copp
Laf Goodrow Motte
So, Chytil is playing some of his best hockey right now, and you don't even have him in top 9? If anyone deserves a demotion it would be the less than brilliant Ryan Strome.
I know Panarin will miss him, but I will throw a party for all that aren't going to shed a tear.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone realize if we get by Carolina, we will likely be in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Besides taking all 3 games against the Bolts during the regular season, that included 2 games in Tampa,.... we will have home ice advantage next round and that is huge.

Talk about a reason to live and play another day. Oh Baby!

View attachment 551718

We also were 3-1 against the Pens in the regular season and allowed 4 goals total and barely beat them in the playoffs allowing like 4 goals A GAME. The playoffs are different animal. Carolina is finding that out right now as we speak.

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
Someone’s getting cocky
7CC11943-A36D-4D23-9784-EDB130140657.png

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
Love the NYR. Love hockey. Them being back in the playoffs has been incredible. Who could not love this excitement? No matter wat happens thank these guys for a great season!!!!! It has been way too long....

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
So, Chytil is playing some of his best hockey right now, and you don't even have him in top 9? If anyone deserves a demotion it would be the less than brilliant Ryan Strome.
I know Panarin will miss him, but I will throw a party for all that aren't going to shed a tear.
I’m not writing what I would do, I am guessing what we may see.

Chytil is never ever playing over Strome on that line right now, debating about it is yelling at a wall because it won’t be reality these playoffs.

I also think that top 9 is what we would see late in games, regardless if Goodrow and/or Motte started on the 4th line. I’d also prefer that 3rd line late in games. No problem with Chytil getting those minutes for a majority of game though.

Reactions: Larrybiv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad