Speculation: Rangers Head Coach Search (Laviolette being finalized? According to Vince and Friedman)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

I was reading some stuff on how Kevin Fiala played under Laviolette in Nashville. Fiala started to flourish with the trade to Minnesota.

Not developing young forwards is a Rangers specialty. Laviolette will be perfect. Match made in heaven.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Our last coach was one for the fans, this one is for Drury.

Can anyone answer my question I posed a little while ago...when Oshie was out of the lineup, who would play the bumper on PP1?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im generally indifferent about Laviolette, but I don't like the hire if true.

It's a safe move because he's reached the finals 3 times with different teams and has won a Cup. And that has a lot to do with it. And hes got little to no baggage that comes with it.

But its the same retread we see from this club over and over. Not willing to take a risk and get someone in who's younger and more progressive and in tune with the future of the game, the younger players, systems.

Not that Laviolette cant coach. But I really worry about the youngsters. Kakko and Laf especially. Ill reserve judgement until I see how things unfold but this hire isnt going to make a difference for them. They'll be right where they always are getting less minutes and opportunity.

Why? Because Laviolette wants another Cup. Drury wants a Cup. Dolan wants a Cup. Sather wants another one. Of course thats always the goal. And they have the skill and personnel to do it. But they NEED a Cup and are trying to force the issue instead of just letting it happen organically. A Cup could very well come 5 or 6 years from now. You could have said that 3 years ago.

But the impatience this club continues to show with their decision making makes it so obvious they just want to catch lightning in a bottle for a season instead of really building a formidable roster that will be a threat to win it for an extended time period. It is what it is. Nothing will change.

And dont be surprised if the Rangers struggle out of the gate the rumor mill wont start churning once Quenneville gets reinstated

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
hF3tjC3.png

Lmao

Reactions: FlyguyOX and zlev

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Not everyone, by far. Also, GG vs Quinn was a no-brainer. Quinn outlasted his time by a year at least.

Like on anybody when things go south. And GG wasn't the only culprit, again, by far.
Also let's put it like that we have some special cases here.

Others would defo prefer him as well and not only to Lavi. The same others who's opinion I value have pretty much predicted what would be the problem with GG.. But he was the best option available.

While I've yet to see much (or any) enthusiasm for Lavi.
Saying he has more chances to come good because this board wanted GG and look what happened is straight up bending facts.
Bending facts? It was sarcasm. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Laviolette is likely not the right choice for this team. However, neither is some completely unknown coach.

Reactions: tlk

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is not really true. People wanted Gallant when the other options given were Tocchet and Hartley. Some choices right? Even then there was a lot of apprehension about the "mysterious" ways he got fired in the past, and why he didn't last in his jobs. And people stressed they thought he'd be an improvement over Quinn for the locker room but doubted he'd be the guy to bring the team a cup.

I'm still waiting for the day Drury shows even a glimpse of intelligence or particular talent at his work (e: apart from "working" the old boys in the backrooms).
But it is.

Some were pissed we didn't go with a complete unknown because they have it made up in their mind that somehow fresh and new is always better, but the majority, including myself, was very happy with the Gallant hire. To be honest, I'd have been fine if he was still the coach. I don't think our failures can be blamed solely on him. Part of it was roster construction.

We will see.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Now if neither Sully nor Q are available, maybe they just rehire Gerard?))

Though I guess the moment Keefe would be out of Trana, they'll lock on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad