Speculation: Rangers Head Coach Search (Laviolette being finalized? According to Vince and Friedman)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Okay, I did not read the whole thing, in fact just the first page or so, so if I'm repeating stuff that was already mentioned, please forgive me. I do not like the hire. I don't HATE it but I do not like it. I wanted a development coach. I imagine Drury must have talked to him about what is expected, and developing the young guys better be part of that.
As far as Laviolette with young players, the young guys we want to develop Laf, Kakko, Schneider, possibly Othmann, Cuylle, Edstrom and longshot Rempe are all guys who play the heavier game Laviolette wants. I think (hope?) they will get responsibilities. Chytil and Miller are established enough that I don't think they'll be hurt by this (and Miller actually started developing some meanness last season). Panarin may well want out...
I KNOW, I'm an OPTIMIST, I'm f***ed as a NYR fan. Hahahaha. But I'm a LOGICAL optimist at least.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Look, I'm not a huge Laviolette fan but I totally get it. He's a solid coach, more hands on and engaged than Gallant was, track record for solid system play. He may be a very un-sexy pick and pretty boring but he is IMO unquestionably an upgrade on Gallant.

But its the same retread we see from this club over and over. Not willing to take a risk and get someone in who's younger and more progressive and in tune with the future of the game, the younger players, systems.
Noted retread David Quinn was only one coach ago.

Why? Because Laviolette wants another Cup. Drury wants a Cup. Dolan wants a Cup. Sather wants another one. Of course thats always the goal. And they have the skill and personnel to do it. But they NEED a Cup and are trying to force the issue instead of just letting it happen organically. A Cup could very well come 5 or 6 years from now. You could have said that 3 years ago.

This team should 100% be trying to win a cup in the next few years. You think it's better to not force the issue and just let it happen organically? Not sure what that even means.

You have a superstar goalie in the heart of his prime, locked in for 2 more years at 5.6m AAV. The front office and team should look at these two seasons as prime contending time. Forcing the issue (changing coaches because the previous one clearly wasn't working for the front office OR the players, exploring roster changes, etc...) is exactly what they should be doing.

You have a team with a top 20 center, a 90+ point winger, a Norris winning defenseman and a Vezina winning goalie. A group that went on a deep run two years ago and then took a step back and disappointed this season, this is something we've seen pretty often with teams in the years prior to them winning the cup so getting someone who can press the right buttons with this current core is the most important thing right now.

And if Laviolette disappoints and the team doesn't rebound he will get fired and Drury will probably get fired too.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I would hope that the mandate from above would be to get more out of the kids. If Drury hires Lavi and Lavi doesn't give them bigger roles, they both should be fired.

that’s a hope and a pipe dream with Lavi as coach and we all know it.

he’s a terrible hire

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I hope that some people here are right and drury is feeling the interest from the fans bc it’s clear as day that Lavy is trash and more of the same. 42 saying bad hire, not one said it’s a good one.

f*** the rangers if we make him our coach. We are f***ed as fans

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
look at the caps? Do they have any young ascending talent?
no. that’s where he’s just been.

he’s not a good coach anymore. old and tired and more of gallant type lean on vets, don’t develop talent.

The Caps didnt have ascending talent to play. They were ranked 28th and 24th over the last 2 years in the Athletic's system rankings, and Ferhavary played a huge role for them last year regardless. Their AHL team is about to be playing for the Calder Cup though. Maybe we shouldve taken it slower with our young players lol.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
The Caps didnt have ascending talent to play. They were ranked 28th and 24th over the last 2 years in the Athletic's system rankings, and Ferhavary played a huge role for them last year regardless. Their AHL team is about to be playing for the Calder Cup though. Maybe we shouldve taken it slower with our young players lol.

AHL means nothing. He chased them all down to the minors. The caps play has steadily declined over each year he was there. Their young players don’t have anything yet to even be called up. So this is what we want?

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad