GDT: Rangers @ Habs Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GP035

Dec 1, 2005
AV is an absolute joke. The entire last 2 mins without McDoangh. I don't care there was icing because he should have been out before the icing in the first place. This is the same garbage they did against the Kings in the third. Sit back the entire time have absolutely zero forecheck and the second they get the puck instantly dump it down.

McD/Girardi were on the previous shift. Going to Staal-Holden instead of Skeji-Smith was a poor choice.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I was neutral on Nick Holden before that last shift

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Holden broke his stick slashing Plekanec and then did nothing to clear the crease.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
People need to stop blaming staal. Holden is the damn problem he flat out sucks!. MTL is definitely going to win the OT. This is the turning stone of the series.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I have such low expectations. Sure, I'm upset, but I'm shocked the Rangers were this close to a 2-0 series lead.

We can still win in OT, we just have to get a lucky bounce. Pretty simple lol

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Sat back too much in the 3rd.

Smith and Skjei have been excellent, how stupid can one man be.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We would have won this game if Grabner didn't turn the puck over at the ****ing blue line. This game is lost. All of the momentum is with Montreal and we're playing Price. It's over. And a loss like this does not bode well for the rest of the series.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
We've had 4 dmen play near perfect for the first 120 minutes of this series and one pair who have been very poor. Why on earth were those two out there at that point?
Regroup... go again.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I feel gutted. Just so typical as a Rangers fan. It's hard to care as much when you're that close. Now, one mistake and the entire game is lost.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Holden and Staal being out there was bad and the icings made it worse. We can still win this!

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AV is an absolute joke. The entire last 2 mins without McDoangh. I don't care there was icing because he should have been out before the icing in the first place. This is the same garbage they did against the Kings in the third. Sit back the entire time have absolutely zero forecheck and the second they get the puck instantly dump it down.

I think he was out there for like 30 seconds. McDonagh's unit did their job, so they took a quick shift. The Holden unit couldn't, so they were out there for like 3/4 of the last 2 minutes.

It was dumb management by AV to begin with. If the McDonagh pairing comes up at 2 mins instead of 1 minute, you find a way to make sure he's out there at 1 minute, whether thats a longer shift for him or throwing in the third pair.

AV got caught with Staal-Holden out there, and they scored.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
That is absolutely gutting.

That may very well have changed the series entirely.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
If some reporter doesnt ask AV why he had Staal and Holden out this late in the game I have lost any respect I had left for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad