GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
everyone in here bitching and fighting and tossing around bullshit stats and what not, who cares. team stinks, not playing up to expectations and blew the f***ing game at home to the NY Plugs.

fans deserve better

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I dont know why this bothers some of you tbh. It will never change. Just gotta learn to deal with it.
statistically it could as the Devils fans of the 80s-90s had kids, and now theyre going on to have kids

read an interesting article on how fandom spikes in the third and fourth generations

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I haven’t checked tonight’s scoreboard, but going into tonight they were in the playoff by point percentage. It isn’t panic time.

You can’t look at raw point total standings when some teams have played 3-4 more games than others.
There's also a difference between being 2 points out and 5 points out at this time of the season. Obviously we don't want 2 points to turn into 5 points, but I'm still not in panic mode either.

Also, I'm not convinced some of the teams we're competing with right now are legit. I could easily the Caps and Flyers fading as the season goes on.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Throw Akira out there and let him cook.

Vitek is nothing more than a career backup that got hot the same way Clemmer and Kinkaid did.

Schmid isn't reliable either, unfortunately. But I don't understand why Ruff wouldn't play him against the Rangers when he very recently had a long shutout streak against them.

Reactions: My3Sons

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Idk I doubt Shmid is gonna wind up being a ton better. If Fitz would prefer to have him in the A I think that says everything right there.

That being said there’s literally nothing to lose by giving him the reigns at this point. Starting Vitek today was an idiotic move. I liked how the team overall played.

Reactions: Devs3cups

TF1970

May 9, 2021
I still can’t believe how ridiculous that just was to not even get it to overtime. And I’m not as on the goalie as most of the rest of you. But at the end of the day, it’s another sub .900 performance. At this point I the GM can’t use it as an excuse like he did a couple years ago.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Making the goddamn playoffs shouldn’t be too high of expectations.
I do think they'll make them, but I don't think it's playoffs or bust for me right now. Not with this goaltending and still so many young guys to come. I'd bet about 30% of the current team won't be there when we make our true playoff pushes.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I haven’t checked tonight’s scoreboard, but going into tonight they were in the playoff by point percentage. It isn’t panic time.

You can’t look at raw point total standings when some teams have played 3-4 more games than others.
They’re even further out by points percentage. I’m not in panic mode, but they’ve given themselves a hill to climb already.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schmid is 4-1-0 against the Rangers with a .951% and 2 shutouts. Of course these are all playoffs. He has no regular season games against them.

Vitek was 7-3-1 with a .908% and no shutouts before tonight.

Hey, remember last year when Blackwood was given games against the Canucks because Ruff “looked at their historic play against each of the teams” and decided to play them going by that?

Why didn’t Schmid play this game?

Why doesn’t Schmid get any rope?

Vitek is on pace for 56 starts and 62 games and hasn’t even been better than Schmid. Schmid is on pace for 31 games and 26 starts.

Are you f***ing kidding me? Shame on Lindy for this.

Disaster.

Fire him if he’s gonna keep going with Vitek.

Vitek sucks and irredeemable after last playoffs.

And we still roll him out there for the Rangers to embarrass him like they would have in game 3 if he got that game.

Enough with this guy already. Garbage. Better than Blackwood is like saying puke is better than shit.

And yes, when he got here he WAS better than Blackwood. WAS better. Key word WAS.

His last 39 games are quickly going the way of the Blackwood and Campbell.

Reactions: glenwo2

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Vitek is 81-36-14 with a .907 in his career. Why do we think he can’t be mediocre enough to make the playoffs now?

Did our playoff odds even swing by more than a couple percentage points based on this result? The temperature is way too high. It’s a bad loss. Did you watch Jack Hughes? It will be okay.

I'm not panicking. I just don't like losing to the Rangers.

Especially because now I have to hear about it from my father-in-law at Thanksgiving.

• Haha
Reactions: LiveLongandProspal

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
oh don’t even get me going on that. All the fans who live in the area should be ashamed at allowing it to happen.
i’m a flex plan holder and the price for the ranger games is so ridiculously overpriced that there’s no way im spending my bank on it.

i can sit in the lower 10 rows devils shoot twice for certain weeknights for $85, same seats are $345 against the rangers

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's definitely a cause for concern when you lose 4 of your last 5 but when you have multiple 3rd and 4th liners playing in the top 6 what do you think is going happen?

Reactions: Mgd31

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Idk I doubt Shmid is gonna wind up being a ton better. If Fitz would prefer to have him in the A I think that says everything right there.

That being said there’s literally nothing to lose by giving him the reigns at this point. Starting Vitek today was an idiotic move. I liked how the team overall played.
At this point you know Vitek isn’t the answer after this contract is up. Might as well give schmid the games and see if he is worth keeping also. If both guys sink this year then just move on I don’t want either clown here

Camille the Eel

I am not convinced still that they will be a playoff team. And if that happens I won’t even get started on it. Not saying they won’t but between the goaltending and team penchant for breakdowns at bad times I sure as hell don’t have confidence in it.
Exactly. Nothing so far this season makes me believe we have more than a 50-50 chance on the bubble to get to the playoffs. I wouldn’t say we are likely to make it. We are giving up far too many goals against, night in and night out, and it’s hard to see how that’s going to change. Neither the system nor the personnel on the back line and in goal gives me a lot of confidence.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Vitek is 81-36-14 with a .907 in his career. Why do we think he can’t be mediocre enough to make the playoffs now?

Did our playoff odds even swing by more than a couple percentage points based on this result? The temperature is way too high. It’s a bad loss. Did you watch Jack Hughes? It will be okay.
Because his last like 40 games are way worse than .907 and this teams defense is atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad