GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Thought they played well enough to win.

I think the Lindy-Goalie-Defense tandem screwed us again. There was no reason to back to Vitek against the rangers.
both vesey goals were terrible rebounds that good goalies don’t give up, and the cross ice to panarin that somehow he didn’t anticipate were all bad.

i’ve been saying it’s system and not goaltending for most of the season - but they played really well tonight. well enough to win and vitek f***ing sucked

Camille the Eel

We played a fine game, certainly a good enough game to win especially with 2 important top 6 players out and 10 forwards.

Vitek can't make more than a couple important saves a night. It's an impossible ask.
He was good in Pittsburg but can’t seem to put back to back games together. You see that with him. He seems to like the alternating goalies scenario. Have rarely seen him consistently good in back to back starts. Hindsight now but I wish we had started Schmid tonight. With stronger goalie play we win this game.

Reactions: Devs3cups

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Vitek isn’t athletic and he only has mediocre hockey sense. He makes some great saves but his reactions are so bizarre. Sometimes, he is watching the puck, instead of moving his body.

Like the goal that was made on the PP, it was beautiful passing play but V didn’t need to commit to the shot. Then he has to dive because he went down and has no push-off.

On the fourth goal, V makes the save, and then goes down to swat at it, when if he just slid over Vesey wouldn’t have scored.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I mean I hate Vitek for the 4th goal but it was a 1v3 and the Rags still scored? We're not blaming Marino and the rest of the guys out there? That's even more brutal
It was an awful rebound. There were also 3-4 other bad rebounds tonight that he was lucky out defensemen ended up getting to.

I’m not talking about shots off the leg pads. Those are going to create rebounds. He is struggling with the shots higher up that he should be catching or trapping on his body. Those rebounds can’t be left.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Also here comes the lindy classic “we had a chance to probably put the game away on bratts breakaway but we don’t convert”. He loves to use that excuse.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vitek was too deep on that tying goal and was crap in the 1st.

We have a massive goaltending problem with no way to fix it
The first thing is to play Schmid like we have no one beyond him other than Gillies.

If he sucks then he sucks.

Let him sink if you have to, but don’t let Vitek do anything other than rot.

They give Schmid no leash at all. If he gets lit up then he sits until Vitek gets lit up.

This is what got Jay Woodcroft fired. He kept going back to Campbell and wouldn’t just let Skinner sink.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
in my opinion from my TV view both goals against , #3 & #4 we're a result of bad defense. example #3 off the face off was a straight shot without Luke between Vanecek and the shooter. #4 was the same, except there was no face-off. #5 was an open net.
goal 4 was definitely bad defense.. but it also was a bad rebound let up

Reactions: Maine Fan

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Bratt finishes that breakaway and it's 4-2 and that's most likely the game. Can talk about everything else after that but you gotta finish those chances.

Reactions: youryeah

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It’s not Vitek’s fault, it’s the defenses.

Just like it wasn’t his fault last year when we went 0-2 with him and 4-1 without him Against this team in the playoffs.

Oh and two shutouts too.
It can never be the goaltending's fault. The play in front of them has to be 100% perfect for them to be at fault for a bad goal.

The goaltenders are pretty little sensitive butterflies that can only stop easy shots and chances that came off of normal plays. They can never be at fault if a bad play happens in front of them.

• Love
Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
First too many men, then the missed call that led to the goal and they lost focus.

I'm not blaming anyone. Thar was a team loss.

Reactions: Rhodes 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad