GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
It’s time to face the facts.

Vitek is past the point of no return here. Between his horrific playoffs and what’s come before and after those playoffs, the motor has siezed up on that 96 Honda. Have someone else try and rehab it.

Time to go get a Toyota or something else. Even a god damn Kia if you have to.

Lindy is a bozo for throwing the LOSER out there against the Rangers.

The Rangers are laughing at this bum and all had gigantic erections when they found out he was tonight’s starter. They only wish Lindy didn’t use his brain for once last Spring so they could have taken us down in 4 or 5.

It’s time to face the facts.

Vitek is past the point of no return here. Between his horrific playoffs and what’s come before and after those playoffs, the motor has siezed up on that 96 Honda. Have someone else try and rehab it.

Time to go get a Toyota or something else. Even a god damn Kia if you have to.

Lindy is a bozo for throwing the LOSER out there against the Rangers.

The Rangers are laughing at this bum and all had gigantic erections when they found out he was tonight’s starter. They only wish Lindy didn’t use his brain for once last Spring so they could have taken us down in 4 or 5.
It’s not Vitek’s fault, it’s the defenses.

Just like it wasn’t his fault last year when we went 0-2 with him and 4-1 without him Against this team in the playoffs.

Oh and two shutouts too.
His rebound control is garbage…see goals 2 and 4. We have reached a point in which I cringe with the guy in goal. He plays small in big spots.

I’ve been pounding the drum that it’s time to ride Schmid to see what we have. We may have something. We may not. Only one way to find out. What I do know is what we have…or better stated, what we don’t have in Vanacek. If this team fancies itself a true contender, this guy simply can’t in net.

If Schmid isn’t the answer, it’s time to call Barry Trotz. I’m sick of this.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, I don't know why he played VV tonight, Schmid hasn't been sharp either but you figure he'd go with the goalie that was in Rangers heads last spring.
Exactly

But Vitek only allowed 2 goals in arguably our best defensive effort of the season the other night. So he goes back in.

The Rangers don’t fear us with him in net. They’re laughing at him. They know he’s absolutely no count against them at the least.

I don’t even think he played particularly great against them last regular season, despite going 3-0-1, but he also wasn’t horrific.

He’s been like an .885% since February, including playoffs.

I think that’s 39 games now.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Team will likely still compete when all is said and done. I don't think they are a cup favorite or anything, but not many teams I'd classify as that anyway
I am not convinced still that they will be a playoff team. And if that happens I won’t even get started on it. Not saying they won’t but between the goaltending and team penchant for breakdowns at bad times I sure as hell don’t have confidence in it.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His rebound control is garbage…see goals 2 and 4. We have reached a point in which I cringe with the guy in goal. He plays small in big spots.

I’ve been pounding the drum that it’s time to ride Schmid to see what we have. We may have something. We may not. Only one way to find out. What I do know is what we have…or better stated, what we don’t have in Vanacek. If this team fancies itself a true contender, this guy simply can’t in net.

If Schmid isn’t the answer, it’s time to call Barry Trotz. I’m sick of this.
Trotz is the GM in Nashville now lol. Doubt he’s leaving the office to return to the bench, unless it’s in Nashville again.

Agree with everything else.

We’re too far gone with Vitek.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Not exactly, like 85% of the teams in the playoffs at thanksgiving stay in.
I haven’t checked tonight’s scoreboard, but going into tonight they were in the playoff by point percentage. It isn’t panic time.

You can’t look at raw point total standings when some teams have played 3-4 more games than others.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You said looking at the standings in November is a fools’ errand. It obviously isn’t.
It means something, and it doesn’t. It’s fairly obvious that most years there are reliably good teams every year that have poor or mediocre starts and are out of the playoffs at Thanksgiving and there are terrible teams that get off to unexpectedly good starts and fade. And then the bulk of that “X percent of teams in at Thanksgiving make it” are good teams playing up to expectations.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The GA stat on the season thus far is an absolute atrocity. It’s certainly not the kind of number you’d expect to see from a playoff team.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I am not convinced still that they will be a playoff team. And if that happens I won’t even get started on it. Not saying they won’t but between the goaltending and team penchant for breakdowns at bad times I sure as hell don’t have confidence in it.
If they don't make it and it leads to changes and brings something better in the long run, I'm all for it. Progression isn't always linear and this is still a young group learning.

I will say though, maybe our expectations were too high, although I did see a lot of people thinking there'd be a regression.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
If they let Vitek crash the Titanic the playoffs are definitely a concern, just give Schmid some run for f***s sake
Neither option appears to be great so far. But yes Schmid is for certain the better. I guess the hope is you give him a long leash regardless of how it goes then see if he can find rhythm once he gets a few games into it. But I also thought that was gonna happen two games ago.

If they don't make it and it leads to changes and brings something better in the long run, I'm all for it. Progression isn't always linear and this is still a young group learning.

I will say though, maybe our expectations were too high, although I did see a lot of people thinking there'd be a regression.
Making the goddamn playoffs shouldn’t be too high of expectations.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think rebounds happen they were coming at Vetik he stopped it, there was a rebound and Vessy is without anyone covering him. I don't know, I hate it when a goalie is working his ass off and he doesn't get support.
i can agree but Vitek was struggling with rebounds a bit tonight and has historically; so its hard for me to gibe him the benefit of the doubt

if that was uncommon for him id be willing to simply blame the defense; but herr i think its shared fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad