Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning - March 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Went with the obvious.......Raanta
The steady......Nash
The unexpected........Staal

Yeah Marc, great save, lots of poke checks, solid. Playing with McD, he had better step it up......and did.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Two great goaltending performances by Raanta and Vasilevskiy. Raanta's turned out just a little bit better. Nash with 8 shots on goal--many of them excellent chances and Skjei with 5 shots on goal stood out as did McDonagh with a ******** of ice time and the set up to Zibanejad. Raanta and Nash were our best player tonight.

The Rangers did finally show some push back in this game--whether because AV kind of called the team out or Glass's insertion in the lineup or a combination thereof--the team was more feisty tonight than it has been in a long time. Glass's modest contribution--a fight, two hits and a set up Vesey open in the slot who missed the shot wasn't bad. Kampfer was better tonight than he was the other though he had very limited minutes too.

I do like it when we beat Tampa.

That Glass fight was probably the fight of the year league wise as I haven't seen a better one yet. And for it to come from a Ranger is beyond ironic.

You make some good points. I know most in here abhor fighting but sometimes it can be a useful tonic and stimulie for a team that has shown itself to be very soft and doesn't hit back when hit upon which is the 2017 NY Rangers.

So when you see a grinder like a Glass take on a guy in a fight, it's not about the fight itself. It's more useful as a symbol as it's the kind of visual thing a teamate when he see's a Glass laying out a big hit or being involved in a fight, it kind of put's the onus on every other splayer that if Tanner Glass is not taking **** and is showing what a good teamate he is, that I need to do the same thing.

Whatever it was tonight, the team showed more grit and willingness to not take **** than in any game I think we've seen all season long. This kind of team we saw tonight whether or not the Corsi fancy stats peeps in here are in agreement but this team we saw tonight can win a playoff series or two in the Atlantic and maybe even put a scare into a Pens or Caps.

The impostors who were at MSG this past Saturday night vs the Habs, that version of the Rangers will be one and done come playoff time. So if Glass needs to stay here and Pirri gets dropped so be it. Glass brings more to the table warts and all than Pirri does...I know it sounds nuts but it's truth.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So when you see a grinder like a Glass take on a guy in a fight, it's not about the fight itself. It's more useful as a symbol as it's the kind of visual thing a teamate when he see's a Glass laying out a big hit or being involved in a fight, it kind of put's the onus on every other splayer that if Tanner Glass is not taking **** and is showing what a good teamate he is, that I need to do the same thing.

I can attest to this. It's true.

Bottom line, I like the element Glass brings. It's useful even in today's league. I just wish the team had someone who could bring it and play regular minutes.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Did they say "we lose every way, you're nothing special, we lose every way"?

I think that's what I heard as well.

Pretty wild **** they do in England when it comes to soccer matches.

Talk about passion for your team in hockey? Not sure if our passion can compare to the wild Brits when it comes to their soccer clubs.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Utterly hilarious that the first game Glass plays all season is the same game the dirtiest hit thrown on one of our players all season happens.

Like the hockey gods just screaming down "TANNER GLASS IS NOT A DETERRENT!"

Great game from Raanta.

McDonagh was great tonight, Staal had a nice kick save. Smith looked steady. Holden was better than he has been lately. Skeji was good. Kampfer didn't die, so that's good.

Nash was an animal tonight, he physically dominate Hedman multiple times tonight. I thought Stepan looked good tonight too, best he has in a while. Nice goal from Zib.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Talk about passion for your team in hockey? Not sure if our passion can compare to the wild Brits when it comes to their soccer clubs.

I think it's too much, but the worst is Habs fan doing that kind of ****.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think 3 on 3 OT is a complete crap shoot. Last year our team was AWFUL at it and this year they're not THAT much different of a team. Lots of luck involved.

Yeah, but I guess it's a step better than winning in a SO? I kinda miss the 4 on 4 hockey. At least we still get to see that from time to time with matched minor penalties. Still think the fast teams have more of a chance. I hear you though, tonight could of went either way with two fast teams. Palat shoots wide, and Hedman misplays the puck causing a Mika breakaway.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Comes nowhere near it. Soccer fans are crazy.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think 3 on 3 OT is a complete crap shoot. Last year our team was AWFUL at it and this year they're not THAT much different of a team. Lots of luck involved.

Grabner and his speed have made a massive difference.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I can attest to this. It's true.

Bottom line, I like the element Glass brings. It's useful even in today's league. I just wish the team had someone who could bring it and play regular minutes.

To be honest, I was a tad dissapointed GMJG didn't address this a bit at the deadline as once we weren't getting Shatty, was hoping Gorton would address the lack of grit.

So Glass is going to have to do for now as I'm sure Gorton will most definitly address this issue in the summer. I've been saying for awhile, we need a disturber type...someone like a Roussel type would be optimum but he might cost a pretty penny.

I know this isn't going to be popular but I'd take an Andrew Shaw in a minute here. Both he and Roussel are good enough to play top 9 minutes as a bonus. I know I'm really going to get reamed for this but a Tom Wilson is the type of player we need. Not alot of these types....just one or two to be able to plug into the lineup

I wouldn't mind a Steve Ott or a Dwight King type either to be honest. Makes other teams skaters keeping their heads up. Nothing wrong with having that kind of sandpaper on a hockey team even in the league of today.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
10,13,21,36 need to find their games - listless forwarding

good effort by 61

what is 22 doing out in overtime - it is terrifying

Anti is a beast

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Going back to our SC season, we are like 15th in Home goals against and 1st in Road goals against.

Black magic. MSG's Indian burial ground. Wormholes.

Its deserves its own program on The History Channel.
I'm not saying it's aliens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad