Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning - March 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Utterly hilarious that the first game Glass plays all season is the same game the dirtiest hit thrown on one of our players all season happens.

Like the hockey gods just screaming down "TANNER GLASS IS NOT A DETERRENT!"

Great game from Raanta.

McDonagh was great tonight, Staal had a nice kick save. Smith looked steady. Holden was better than he has been lately. Skeji was good. Kampfer didn't die, so that's good.

Nash was an animal tonight, he physically dominate Hedman multiple times tonight. I thought Stepan looked good tonight too, best he has in a while. Nice goal from Zib.

Nash has been our best forward since he came back from his injury. Night in night out...he's been in beastmode. I feel reasonably comfortable saying that he and JT have been our most consistant fwds on a night to night basis.

He just can't score if his life depended upon it. It's almost comical at this point how unlucky he is. He's doing everything you want except score. I don't know what it is but I think there are a few of us here who want him gone but when he leaves, we are going to wish we had him still. I personally don't want him gone but I do realize financially we might not be able to keep him and he probably would still garner us some nice assets.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Takes a nice guy to know a nice guy. ;)

Saw the whole game while finishing packing up our downstairs. OT was amazing. That 3 on 3 format was such a brilliant decision.

Totally agree and have said similar things about the 3 on 3 format and that it might be the best rule change the NHL has come up with in last 10 years. It ranks right up there with the NHL getting rid of the center ice line being offside which was not sure how many years ago that was but yeah love love love the 3 on 3. Heck would love if they got rid of the shootout and played another 3 on 3 after the first 5 minute one doesn't result in a winner and bring back the "tie" if need be.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Missed the first few minutes of the game and I'm watching it on Rangers In 60 and Glass' scrap is real good.

Also, "Tanner Glass fighting bears" generates more Google pictures than you'd expect.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Missed the first few minutes of the game and I'm watching it on Rangers In 60 and Glass' scrap is real good.

Also, "Tanner Glass fighting bears" generates more Google pictures than you'd expect.
Don't assume how many Google pictures I think "Tanner Glass fighting bears" would generate.

BigCanada77

NYR in the Midwest
Jan 16, 2006
Madison, WI
If Vegas didn't notice him after that 1-0 OT win in Chicago, they'll notice him after tonight. Gotta be between Bishop, MAF, Reimer, Raanta, Darling... Who's cheapest?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I can attest to this. It's true.

Bottom line, I like the element Glass brings. It's useful even in today's league. I just wish the team had someone who could bring it and play regular minutes.

Just sign Radko Gudas

riz

Did they say "we lose every way, you're nothing special, we lose every way"?

I think it is: "We lose every week" as they typically play matches once a week in the Premiership.

The chants in England/UK can be really great and fans lovingly ironic/sarcastic. I once went to a match between Watford and Coventry and was sitting in the home end across the pitch from the away end where the Coventry fans were sitting. Watford went 4-0 up near the end of the match and the home fans naturally started chanting "we want 5". Soon after that, Coventry managed to score their first goal and their travelling fans responded with a cheerful "we want 5" chant of their own :)

Nice win for the Rangers, great goaltending from Antti but still a bit worried about the poor PP and plain lack of effort at times.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
MSG is selling Glass to Vegas. They are being purposely misled into a trick.

I only saw about 10 minutes of the game, but it was clear playing Tanner was the right call.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think 3 on 3 OT is a complete crap shoot. Last year our team was AWFUL at it and this year they're not THAT much different of a team. Lots of luck involved.

It kind of is, but we seem to be controlling the puck, have 2/3 of possession time. Zuccha and Nash hold on to it, for long periods of time. Excellent stuff.

Is there a corsi for OT?

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Vegas didn't notice him after that 1-0 OT win in Chicago, they'll notice him after tonight. Gotta be between Bishop, MAF, Reimer, Raanta, Darling... Who's cheapest?

You know, its not necessarily who is the cheapest. LV indeed does have to reach the league minimium in salary, which I believe is 43 million. Could be off there.

Depends on WHERE the want to spend larger portions of it. Girardi, Staal please, please?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That was the best game they've played in a while. The execution of the system was there, although they're still fumbling around with the puck a little. Their aggressiveness on the puck was there in a way we haven't seen in a while. Reminded me more of early-season Rangers than the last few months, even when they were playing well.

On Glass, I think he did what a lot of us were looking for early on the game but not so much later in the game. The first three shifts the Rangers had were a little listless. On the first shift Glass had, he forechecked hard, threw a good hit, and mucked it up in front of the net. After that, the team seemed more focused. As the game progressed, I saw him passing up chances to be physical and at one point, hanging back in the neutral zone when he should have been angling for the puck carrier. His individual performance was a bit of a mixed bag, but he did what we needed from him early on.

Kampfer looked about the same as Clendening, so there's that. Neither have a place on a healthy team.

Is it weird that I'm almost glad the offense is slumping now? Another 5-10 games of this, followed by a hot streak going into the playoffs amounts to good timing.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like Raanta's new pads.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How did Kampfer look? I missed this one but watched the Boston game and he looked pretty good there. Skated well, was a little physical, made the right plays it seemed

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How did Kampfer look? I missed this one but watched the Boston game and he looked pretty good there. Skated well, was a little physical, made the right plays it seemed

Kampfer didn't play in Boston.

He was fine, I guess. Clendening is better than him so there's no reason for him to be in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad