LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
As a Habs fan I think this is wishful thinking. Chiarot I see around a 1st, lekhonen around 2x2nd. Othman has been developping well he is worth more than a late 1st rounder in the next draft.
So Barclay goodrow goes for a first rnd pick + first round prospect and lekhonen only two seconds? Lol. Chiarot will go for a first + a 3rd or equivalent.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
habs would need to trade them separately to get max value.

Chiarot should land a 1st + B ish prospect
Lehkonen should land a 1st + Middle round pick 4/5th

I would put kravtsov's value at a low 1st.

Deal is close but imo rangers should add a bit more.

Or involve someone like Schneider in the deal but Schneider looks like he will help NYR in the playoffs this year so I doubt they do that.

As a habs fan I would want Brennan Othman in the deal.

something like Brennan Othman + 2022 1st( top 15 protected)

for Chiarot( 50 % retained) + lehkonen + 5th ish.

Rangers aren't dealing Othmann in a deal like this when Chiarot would be a luxury on the bottom pair and they wouldn't need Montreal to retain.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
So Barclay goodrow goes for a first rnd pick + first round prospect and lekhonen only two seconds? Lol. Chiarot will go for a first + a 3rd or equivalent.

No Goodrow went for a 1st and a 3rd went the other way, he was on a 2y 900k contract also. Lehkonen closest comp in my mind is Janmark last year for 2nd + 3rd but he is a bit better I believe.
For Chiarot, yes around a 1st, could be +3rd like Savard last year.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Well i guess its gospel then because he's never been wrong.

This has been said by every insider in hockey right now. The GM of Montreal said they've got several offers but are waiting for the right price. If he goes for under a first round pick it's because the market collapsed and they didn't pull the trigger fast enough.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This has been said by every insider in hockey right now. The GM of Montreal said they've got several offers but are waiting for the right price. If he goes for under a first round pick it's because the market collapsed and they didn't pull the trigger fast enough.
Dont you think if they'd been offered a 1st by now they would have jumped on it? Just posturing by the GM.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Dont you think if they'd been offered a 1st by now they would have jumped on it? Just posturing by the GM.

Not really. If you were getting first round pick offers in December and now in January it's a 1st and a 5th, why not wait to see who goes even higher?

Montreal has been here before. They had Craig Rivet as a UFA in 06-07 and waited until two days before the trade deadline to move him with a fifth for Josh Gorges and a 1st round pick which became Max Pacioretty. I'm sure other teams were offering a first for Rivet. They waited to get a guy like Gorges added.

Reactions: Doc5

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Not really. If you were getting first round pick offers in December and now in January it's a 1st and a 5th, why not wait to see who goes even higher?

Montreal has been here before. They had Craig Rivet as a UFA in 06-07 and waited until two days before the trade deadline to move him with a fifth for Josh Gorges and a 1st round pick which became Max Pacioretty. I'm sure other teams were offering a first for Rivet. They waited to get a guy like Gorges added.
Or you wait and miss out on a 1st as teams acquire more valuable assets with them...

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

I'm not sure how to break it to you bud...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Question to the Ranger fans.
Who do you like the most. Your #1 Rated prospect D-man Lundqvist or your # 2 rated prospect also a D-man Schneider?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Or you wait and miss out on a 1st as teams acquire more valuable assets with them...

That's of course the danger of the game. It's why Montreal got Vanek for a 2nd and a prospect instead of what the Islanders originally wanted for him.

Kent is a new GM though he has Gorton helping. Teams are gonna try to take advantage of him. But teams have absolutely been calling on Chiarot and they know the current price. So if they want him before the deadline, it's a first +

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
That's of course the danger of the game. It's why Montreal got Vanek for a 2nd and a prospect instead of what the Islanders originally wanted for him.

Kent is a new GM though he has Gorton helping. Teams are gonna try to take advantage of him. But teams have absolutely been calling on Chiarot and they know the current price. So if they want him before the deadline, it's a first +

Different side of the table, but he's been around the block. His presser today, he was clear. He's open for business, but he's not giving guys away. He's also prepared to move bodies well before the deadline if teams ante up. Make a real offer, and he's prepared to move.

Reactions: Price is Wright

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Question to the Ranger fans.
Who do you like the most. Your #1 Rated prospect D-man Lundqvist or your # 2 rated prospect also a D-man Schneider?
Both of them are fantastic prospects, and neither one is far ahead of either despite would others say here. The difference is we have a Fox and Jones, which are similar to Lundkvist , which makes him more expendable than Schneider who is more of a physical stay at home dman, which we need.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It was Lundkvist last summer. Schneider has passed him on the depth chart. Lundkvist is still a fantastic prospect however.
He's still a great prospect but Schneider has been outstanding in every aspect of the game. Not a knock on Nils but more of praise to Schneider... he's been nearly flawless

He's blown away any expectations any rational fan would have had... while Nils is well below.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Different side of the table, but he's been around the block. His presser today, he was clear. He's open for business, but he's not giving guys away. He's also prepared to move bodies well before the deadline if teams ante up. Make a real offer, and he's prepared to move.

Definitely. If LeBrun knows Montreal and New York are talking and the conversation is about Rangers prospects, it's likely because the Rangers want someone from the Habs that will cost them more than just a pick. Chiarot would fit that. Lehkonen fits that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad