LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
T

That's why he's not leaving MTL, he's among the best defensive forward in the league and can produce around 30pts with no pp times at all.

Unless overpayment he's not leaving for sure.

Well, he's reportedly on Montreal's would trade list, I just think Hughes and Gorton know his value, they aren't going to move him just for the sake of it.

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
I've argued before that Lehkonen makes a lot of sense for the Rangers. It was basically:

-The Rangers are leaning heavily on goaltending at 5v5. That's not something you bet on in the playoffs.

-Lehkonen is relatively inexpensive, has team control for another year and isn't likely to get a meaningful raise.

-Lehkonen has some of the best defensive impacts of any forward in the NHL and has a better 5v5 xGF% percentage than any Rangers player.

yost3.png

-He's doing that against the other team's top players and with low quality line-mates. He also has experience playing effective shutdown minutes against top competition in the playoffs.

lehkoar95

-While Lehkonen isn't a PP guy or big point producer, he helps create a lot and only Strome and Panarin are producing at a higher rate 5v5 this season.

The Rangers could probably use a player that can help their 5v5 play a lot (even if he can't finish), especially since they're loaded with offensive talent.

Don't know which Habs fan has said he's an average 3rd liner when it comes to production, but that in general isn't a healpful concept because there is no "average third liner". Outside of superstars, you want guys that can plug as many holes as possible. There's also a segment of the Habs fanbase that straight up hates 5v5 + PK players. Same thing happened with Danault.

Sounds like the perfect right winger for Panarin and Strome.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lehkonen for Kravstov as the base. Could be small adds but I said this the other day.
no

This is what I can see, as well. Chiarot+Lehkonen for 1st+Kravtsov+maybe a 4th? A late pick throw in. Would Habs fans do this?
no x2

Dvorak
Lehkonen

For
Kratsov
Robertson
2nd
Chytil
5th
NO NO NO x3

I think the Rangers should mostly stand pat. Use the playoffs as an evaluation process and make roster moves in the off-season when the cost is cheaper and cap space is plentiful. Chiarot or Lehkonen aren't going to be the difference between winning and losing a cup. The assets used to acquire them though could instead go towards a Strome upgrade.
yes this^

I hope the Rangers stay far away from Dvorak. Locking up another mediocre forward for too long at too much money is not what they need.
yes x 2

Lias Andersson kind of reclamation project ?
no, this is grossly misinformed

Never say never, but I can't see that happening. Cuylle is everything NYR have been trying bring to the team in this new direction. Most of those moves have failed. Cuylle, if pans out, is basically what they spent the offseason trying to accomplish.
yes x 3

Lundkvist and Kravstov seem like the prime candidates imo.

However, not sure how available Lundy would be.
Nils should NOT be available b'c he and Jones are similar but Nils has way better shot, best of all D on the team.
As soon as Trouba exits, Schneider promoted to 2RD and righty shot Nils is regular 3RD in the meantime, he, like Jones [a lefty] plays either side.
Jones is useful but Fox style so redundant and available for the right price, but not cheap

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
The only player on the Canadiens that I would trade Othmann for is Suzuki and I'd probably want someone with some upside (like Caulfield) coming back in a deal as well.
hahahaha...this made me blow out my green tea thru my nose. Since you are on a roll you should throw in Romanov, Guhle and the 2022 1st non-protected! as GM you would win every year!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know plenty are saying Chiarot is not needed. You guys know your team and team needs , I don't. What Chiarot brings is a big player who brings a heavy game, that will wear down opponents in a playoff series, and will box them out.

So I have no doubt you have talented Dmen. Chiarot brings a different element to the D.

And then there is Lehkonen.

I think there is a decent chance a deal happens between our clubs.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Lekhonen extended for 2 years @ 2.5-3M
MTL eats 50% and sends to NYR for Kravtsov

Hate to give up such a high potential player like Kravtsov.... but it is what it is.

Lehkhonen is a very good depth player and fills a major need for the Rangers.

MTL takes somewhat of a risk but can be a huge reward in offensive dynamo Kravstov

you realize Montreal wants to shed salary right ?

straight up Lekhoken for Kravtsov I probably do it
Kids value has gone down so it’s basically a 2nd rounder

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lekhonen extended for 2 years @ 2.5-3M
MTL eats 50% and sends to NYR for Kravtsov

Hate to give up such a high potential player like Kravtsov.... but it is what it is.

Lehkhonen is a very good depth player and fills a major need for the Rangers.

MTL takes somewhat of a risk but can be a huge reward in offensive dynamo Kravstov
That misses the mark by several football fields. If Lehkonen is a very good depth player with high potential, why the hell is Montreal retaining for 2 years??

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Rangers fan, is there a Canucks fan by the name of john h in here who can't understand being told no? That same person created an bad proposal and now he's mad being told no
Sheesh this juve stuff. Stop being 15 and turn 16.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
This is what I can see, as well. Chiarot+Lehkonen for 1st+Kravtsov+maybe a 4th? A late pick throw in. Would Habs fans do this?

habs would need to trade them separately to get max value.

Chiarot should land a 1st + B ish prospect
Lehkonen should land a 1st + Middle round pick 4/5th

I would put kravtsov's value at a low 1st.

Deal is close but imo rangers should add a bit more.

Or involve someone like Schneider in the deal but Schneider looks like he will help NYR in the playoffs this year so I doubt they do that.

As a habs fan I would want Brennan Othman in the deal.

something like Brennan Othman + 2022 1st( top 15 protected)

for Chiarot( 50 % retained) + lehkonen + 5th ish.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
No way Chariot or Lehkonen get a 1st with 5 contenders already without theirs and Pavelski, Hertl, Miller, maybe Hampus Lindholm still on the market.

Why would DAL trade Pavelski while being a playoff team ? I think VAN may try to win next year with Miller on the team. Lindholm and Hertl sure although I saw some reports saying they wanted to extend Hertl.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
habs would need to trade them separately to get max value.

Chiarot should land a 1st + B ish prospect
Lehkonen should land a 1st + Middle round pick 4/5th

I would put kravtsov's value at a low 1st.

Deal is close but imo rangers should add a bit more.

Or involve someone like Schneider in the deal but Schneider looks like he will help NYR in the playoffs this year so I doubt they do that.

As a habs fan I would want Brennan Othman in the deal.

something like Brennan Othman + 2022 1st( top 15 protected)

for Chiarot( 50 % retained) + lehkonen + 5th ish.

As a Habs fan I think this is wishful thinking. Chiarot I see around a 1st, lekhonen around 2x2nd. Othman has been developping well he is worth more than a late 1st rounder in the next draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad