OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Looks like I missed a heck of a discussion last night. Being that I live in the hotbed of Miami Marlins baseball (Alabama) thanks MLB Extra innings :sarcasm: I am blacked out and can't see the game.

I did watch the highlights and was wondering what hitting three Pirates was about? Was it just bad pitching? Or was there some underlying issue?

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Looks like I missed a heck of a discussion last night. Being that I live in the hotbed of Miami Marlins baseball (Alabama) thanks MLB Extra innings :sarcasm: I am blacked out and can't see the game.

I did watch the highlights and was wondering what hitting three Pirates was about? Was it just bad pitching? Or was there some underlying issue?

Their bullpen was insanely wild last night. They had no idea where the pitch was going once it came out of their hand. Marie got hit by the first pitch in the 7th, Cutch got brushed back by a pitch near his head, and Rodriguez got plunked as well. Ump ejected their reliever immediately.

I don't think it was intentional, just absolutely 0 command of the strike zone.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Their bullpen was insanely wild last night. They had no idea where the pitch was going once it came out of their hand. Marie got hit by the first pitch in the 7th, Cutch got brushed back by a pitch near his head, and Rodriguez got plunked as well. Ump ejected their reliever immediately.

I don't think it was intentional, just absolutely 0 command of the strike zone.

Ok Thanks.

I was curious since Marte did not look happy and took his time going to 1st. He usually just heads for the base unless he is actually hurt. That was a different response than I'm used to seeing from him.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
On a happier note...

"With the win, the Pirates are now 27 games over .500, which is the furthest above .500 that the Pirates have been since 1992."

:yo::yo::yo:

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
if saves werent a ridiculous overemphasized stat i think bastardo wouldve been given the opportunity to work out of that situation. hard to characterize mark as being forced into action when in reality hes chomping at the bit to get every save he possibly can to help come salary negotiation time.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
"What's that all about?"

"They got into a disagreement about how bad Bastardo is as a reliever."

"Fighting over Bastardo. That's smart!"

(I was watching "Band of Brothers" episode 1 last night ...)

If I could, I would give you the keys to the internet, or at least the site, for everything about that post.

My box set of Band of Brothers is one of my most cherished possessions.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
No Kang tonight - I support having Mercer as the starting SS for Morton, definitely, and I think Ramirez has been mostly fine lately, having the travel day off yesterday. In general having well-rested players bodes well, though I think Kang is one of the most integral parts of the offense right now, so he should be playing 6/7 days/games.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It's the same 2 questions you always have with Morton.

1.) Is his sinker sinking?

2.) If it is sinking, does he have control of it?

If the answer to either of the 2 is no then we are in for a long night. I hope Chuck is aggresive, this Marlins lineup is terrible.

It's not a good time to experiment with a guy at first who's never played there. Morse is a good player if he is only facing lefties. At the very least you know he can field the position.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Man Ichiro's arm has really gone with age. I thought Cutch was gonna be out by a mile with an accurate throw. Can't believe Ichiro 2 hopped a throw from shallow right.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man Ichiro's arm has really gone with age. I thought Cutch was gonna be out by a mile with an accurate throw. Can't believe Ichiro 2 hopped a throw from shallow right.

I honestly forget he's even in the league anymore. Weird to see such great players just casual suspects.

Holy **** - I just realized the guy is 41. And it looks like he's under 100 away from 3k hits? I wish I look that young when i get to 41 :laugh:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah Ichiro is doing really well for a 41 year old. I kind of wish the Marlins had started him all season so he would have reached 3,000 mlb hits this year. They were delusional to think they could contend for a playoff spot.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What in the world was he trying to do there? :laugh: That is dumb. Trade for him immediately to get that base running in our line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad