OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
People have to stop with this “because Joey Bart has had a good year we should assume Davis will do the same thing in the future” stuff. He’s one example. Now do 1839 guys who sucked like Davis has who never made it. I’m fine with keeping him around - selling this low would be dumb. But citing to the rare exceptions as support for a thesis is wishcasting.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
People have to stop with this “because Joey Bart has had a good year we should assume Davis will do the same thing in the future” stuff. He’s one example. Now do 1839 guys who sucked like Davis has who never made it. I’m fine with keeping him around - selling this low would be dumb. But citing to the rare exceptions as support for a thesis is wishcasting.
I see you're killing yet another threat with your nonsense. You're not gonna legislate what ppl can or can't talk about here!

MR. Brightside your anything but that. One of the most miserable posters here.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
According to DK, TIFWIW, Derek Shelton and his staff are as good as gone. They would need a miracle finish to keep their jobs, and based on how they are looking in Chicago, I have better odds of getting a date with Sydney Sweeney.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Raise it!

Yeah, I'd rather play spoiler vs the Cubs than marginally improve lottery odds

mccutchen.gif

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I'd love to see the Pirates finish respectable, but I definitely don't want Shelton or his staff to return. Showing some fight tonight and handing the Cubs that kind of loss is satisfying as heck.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

It is also worth noting that Joey Bart did not rebound in his original organization where he was hyped and an epic disappointment. He did it after a change in scenery and lowered expectations.

Davis to Miami for Chisholm would have been a really good trade. It's just too bad his value has fallen so badly where the Yankees #4-5 prospect was deemed a better bet.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Dennis Santana has been another nice find, and a good option for the bullpen in 2025.

He used some sort of magic to have a quick and easy ninth inning save.

Doesn't he know that's not the 2024 Pirates way?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
So do you think Skenes will be apart of the Pirates future? Much like Garrett Cole was 5 years into his Pirate career, traded.

Davis, even if he pans out or not probably won't be a Pirate long either.

Gerrit Cole was a big part of the 3 wild card teams, the most successful Pirates run in the last 30 years. He got punked by Schwarber and Arrieta in 2015 and then had a very tepid 2016-2017 to where his underperformance was a big driver of why the team fell back.

If Gerrit Cole 2013 was Paul Skenes 2024 maybe those Huntington Pirates win a world series.

Davis - who cares. Keep him around as a lotto ticket and maybe give him a lobotomy to face ML pitching again.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It is also worth noting that Joey Bart did not rebound in his original organization where he was hyped and an epic disappointment. He did it after a change in scenery and lowered expectations.

Davis to Miami for Chisholm would have been a really good trade. It's just too bad his value has fallen so badly where the Yankees #4-5 prospect was deemed a better bet.
Jazz isn’t playing in the of for the Yankees and just finished august with 6 rbis and 4 homers

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
According to DK, TIFWIW, Derek Shelton and his staff are as good as gone. They would need a miracle finish to keep their jobs, and based on how they are looking in Chicago, I have better odds of getting a date with Sydney Sweeney.

They won tonight and DK don't know shit.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Gerrit Cole was a big part of the 3 wild card teams, the most successful Pirates run in the last 30 years. He got punked by Schwarber and Arrieta in 2015 and then had a very tepid 2016-2017 to where his underperformance was a big driver of why the team fell back.

If Gerrit Cole 2013 was Paul Skenes 2024 maybe those Huntington Pirates win a world series.

Davis - who cares. Keep him around as a lotto ticket and maybe give him a lobotomy to face ML pitching again.
That 2015 team was built for a series, not a one game playoff.

If they beat the Cubs in that game I am convinced they make to the World Series that year.

Naturally, those series are now best of three.

They won tonight and DK don't know shit.
Refer to my post after I jumped the gun a bit.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He wouldn’t have solved anything for us. Jazz is playing 3rd base for the Yankees. The reason why people wanted Jazz is cause they thought he would play CF

1) He is playing 3B because Aaron Judge is the Yankees' CF
2) Our 3B is Ke'Byan Hayes, who sucks. Or is permanently hurt causing him to permanently suck. Doesn't matter. Regardless of Hayes' phantom defensive 3B value, his actual value is nil because he's an auto-out.
3) We need good hitters. Davis is not one, but maybe could be. Chisholm is a good hitter.

Like Henry Davis swinging at a belt high fastball, this is a whiff of a response. At this point, we're stuck with Davis so may as well try to make it work and give him chances. But I would have applauded Cherington if he offered Davis to Miami and even more so if he found a way to get the deal done.

Reactions: metalan2

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
1) He is playing 3B because Aaron Judge is the Yankees' CF
2) Our 3B is Ke'Byan Hayes, who sucks. Or is permanently hurt causing him to permanently suck. Doesn't matter. Regardless of Hayes' phantom defensive 3B value, his actual value is nil because he's an auto-out.
3) We need good hitters. Davis is not one, but maybe could be. Chisholm is a good hitter.

Like Henry Davis swinging at a belt high fastball, this is a whiff of a response. At this point, we're stuck with Davis so may as well try to make it work and give him chances. But I would have applauded Cherington if he offered Davis to Miami and even more so if he found a way to get the deal done.
And triolo had more rbi than jazz did in august . Jazz did have 9 more hits and 3 more homers

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
And triolo had more rbi than jazz did in august . Jazz did have 9 more hits and 3 more homers

Are you saying Triolo > Jazz Chisholm?

I'm generally a Triolo backer and this is insane. A Davis/Chisholm trade would have been awesome for us, full stop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad