OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Debbie_Downer_460x470_courtesy_YouTube.jpg

What's with the picture? Looking like I was right.:dunno:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Why did they take out Woodrow?
Because Yordan Alvarez would have done that on the first pitch he saw vs him the third time.

That's just a good swing by Dubon. I don't trust Holderman very much but Shelton was pushing the right buttons to try and win this game. It's not really his fault that Cruz opened up all this chaos and then guys can't execute.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I expected a loss after going up 4-0 early. Although, I thought Woodward would get taken to the tool shed. Sad to waste that start and a very winnibale game.

Either way, the Pirates lose more often than they don't when they go up by multiple runs early.

Reactions: Ryder71

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Hayes has about as much clutch as my Toyota automatic. Spoiled players kidd, awful season at bat and in the field.
Essentially an automatic out. He comes through in that spot 1 out of 40 ABs. He just got his hit the other night in extras, he's done for a good while.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Team finally looked like they were getting ready to enter primetime and then Cruz singlehandedly craps all over their collective effort. Coach sits and watches.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
We have so little margin for error, that every loss is gonna sting.

But blowing a 4 run lead is a gut punch.

However, we did get the series win. (I know, still doesn't wipe out sour taste of tonight's game.)

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Well what we've learned here is the Buccos are the Buccos.

It's like rooting for the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions. Even, when there is optimism, they're still the Pirates and have no chance to be a serious team.

• Love
Reactions: Coastal Kev

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Horribly frustrating loss, especially given the context and that it looked for a second like we were really going to steal a Valdez vs AAAA spot start game for an enormous sweep. There's really no excusing the way this all went down.

Still, I would suggest everyone remember how bad Arizona was beating up on us to start that series. We both got some great like and showed some real grit to gut out a successful road trip.

We needed a good post-ASB run, and at bare minimum we needed to survive it somehow. We did more than survive it with a nice 7-5 stretch against 4 teams that are also fighting for playoff spots. The rematch with Arizona takes on huge importance, but this time we have both Keller and Skenes going, and unless Arizona has someone coming back from injury that I am missing, we will see Pfaadt, Diaz, and Montgomery, i.e. miss Gallen.

Nothing is gonna chase the bad taste of this game to end the road trip, but I really do believe that baseball is a sport that doesn't care how you feel on a given night (until it does, in the actual playoffs). 7-5 is really good, and now it doesn't matter because we have a fresh stretch of 12 crucial games, 3 vs ARI, 6 vs SDP, and 3 vs LAD.

Enjoy the off day. Nice debut from BDLC at least.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Cruz has to be the dumbest professional athlete I've ever seen! He's mind numbingly bereft of common sense.

He needs to get his head checked!

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Huge weekend coming up

Gonna be lots of crazy shit
Cruz has to be the dumbest professional athlete I've ever seen! He's mind numbingly bereft of common sense.

He needs to get his head checked!
I'm pretty sure i saw him talking to someone at 2nd base who i don't think speaks dominican spanish... Yet he's always got his translator/handler around off the field. Not sure what I'm trying to say.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Huge weekend coming up

Gonna be lots of crazy shit

I'm pretty sure i saw him talking to someone at 2nd base who i don't think speaks dominican spanish... Yet he's always got his translator/handler around off the field. Not sure what I'm trying to say.
Screw exit velocity! THREE Errors in a couple innings, by Cruz??????????

IT's almost as if he's trying to reach a quota! My lord!

Ad

Ad

Ad