OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
was listening on radio, I guess it was bad.

Joe Block went INSANE. He started screaming, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? when Cruz interferes with Reynolds. Then when Cruz threw the ball away again WHAT ARE YOU DOING? It was actually funny. Not the resulting play, but Block's fit. That was louder than any Greg Brown positive emoting call. Probably the loudest I have ever heard any announcer.

Block says that "he should probably be pulled right now".

Shame, radio side said how well Woodford has pitched.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
There's no denying that Cruz has had a bad game/series, at the plate and with the bad throw to first.

But the play in the outfield is on the outfielder 100% of the time. If the outfielder has a read on the baseball and can make an easy catch, then at every level of the sport, that is the outfielder's ball to make the call and waive the infielder off. Reynolds did not do that at all, which was the major catalyst for the error.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Shelton needs to sit him down. He is ridiculously bad in the field and is striking out every at bat.

Last night he was 0-5 with 4 SO and is 0-2 with 2 SO tonight. And he has 5 errors in the series. Just hideous play.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
was listening on radio, I guess it was bad.

Joe Block went INSANE. He started screaming, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? when Cruz interferes with Reynolds. Then when Cruz threw the ball away again WHAT ARE YOU DOING? It was actually funny. Not the resulting play, but Block's fit. That was louder than any Greg Brown positive emoting call. Probably the loudest I have ever heard any announcer.

Block says that "he should probably be pulled right now".

Shame, radio side said how well Woodford has pitched.
I hate modern coaching. Not even an asschewing.... then dude strikes out pathetically.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
This one looks to be about over. A sweep would've been nice. Valdez looks like he'll go the rest of the game unhittable and there's no way the Buccos don't give up another run unless they bring in Skenes.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Cruz with 8 strike outs and 5 errors in the series. Tied for the lead in Errors now with Cincy's Cruz.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Eh, Cruz has basically been fine this season. I think Young is right that the game has sped up on him the past few days, but I've watched every game and I've mostly seen stellar defense and a bat that had been heating up significantly.

Reynolds routinely makes very bad plays -- he is one of the worst defensive outfielders in the entire league, to the point that it's really him who is going to need to take over for Cutch as DH if/when Cutch retires, unless he somehow picks up a 1B glove.

That play in the outfield was Reynolds' fault.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
There's no denying that Cruz has had a bad game/series, at the plate and with the bad throw to first.

But the play in the outfield is on the outfielder 100% of the time. If the outfielder has a read on the baseball and can make an easy catch, then at every level of the sport, that is the outfielder's ball to make the call and waive the infielder off. Reynolds did not do that at all, which was the major catalyst for the error.
He did the exact same thing to Suwinski earlier in the year

The pirates seem really bad at communicating

But there's a common denominator on a play that is almost never an infielders to save. You know he was trying to hard to make up for his earlier error.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Those are the kind of phenomenal defensive plays that Cruz has been making all season and that he would have airmailed or yanked the throw on in his rookie year.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Shelton's pushing the right buttons, hopefully Holderman can lock this down.

Before the game, this kind of nailbiter was about as much as you could hope for, but realistically it should be 4-1 or 4-0. Very frustrating that we are in this spot.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
This one looks to be about over. A sweep would've been nice. Valdez looks like he'll go the rest of the game unhittable and there's no way the Buccos don't give up another run unless they bring in Skenes.

Debbie_Downer_460x470_courtesy_YouTube.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad