OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I would guess Condon goes to Colorado and then it's an open question which bat goes to Oakland. I doubt they take Caglianone so it comes down to Chicago taking a prep bat or not as to whether he might slip.

Colorado could take Caglianone but I doubt they expected to have a chance at Condon.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not confirmed yet but Longenhagen says he has a source saying Kurtz could go to Oakland. That would be very good for Cags potentially slipping, because it seems certain that Wetherholt will go somewhere between 5-8, and there's also Smith, the two prep guys, and Montgomery. Plus the always-there potential of Kansas City or LA taking someone nowhere near the range of their pick in every mock.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Longenhagen just said he has multiple sources saying Cags to KC, which isn't surprising.

I hope Montgomery gets to our pick. We need St. Louis to go prep I think.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm hearing Wetherholt to St. Louis. If so, then we need LA to take a prep player in order for us to have a shot at Montgomery, unless LA wants pitching with Yesavage.

I think we could end up with Rainer or Griffin and that would be a totally fine result, but Montgomery would feel like a gift.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Eric says Christian Moore to LAA, which would allow us the choice between both prep bats and Montgomery.

I'm really hoping we go Montgomery. There's decent floor and still big power upside with him.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don’t see why we’d go prep anything in round 1 when the window is the next 3-4 seasons basically. Unless you plan on trading the guy.

A college bat is my preference.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t see why we’d go prep anything in round 1 when the window is the next 3-4 seasons basically. Unless you plan on trading the guy.

A college bat is my preference.
I still think Keller is traded in 2 seasons so they could extend the window so prep is possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad