GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
We wasn’t making it with out Andersen. But we need to take a look at toughness in the off-season. Trouba should be picking his teeth out of his throat every game.
Won't happen but let's try to get Tom Wilson. Would be a perfect complement on Aho's line aside from the toughness too. Ferland was such a beast with Aho offensively early that year before the injuries wrecked his season and ultimately career.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
4377u4.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
77 - Yes, bring him back. But this series gave us some more leverage in negotiations. He’s not getting big money after this.

21 - Someone is gonna overpay. Likely not us nor do I want it to be us.

16 - Need him positional wise, but you can’t ignore him disappearing in the playoffs again. This one comes down to price for me. Lean towards let go.

28 - Thanks, but no thanks.

7 - If he comes at 800k again, why not. Fine as the 7th guy.

18 - Who cares.

88 - No clue what you do with this guy.

13 - Sure, if he’s willing to sign for like 1M. Otherwise, minimal interest there.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'mma watch the rest of the game but I'm out of here. I understand the frustration, but
  1. There are some really stupid things being posted.
  2. I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to avoid toxic negativity.
Catch you all when things have cooled down a bit.

Dude just leave quietly lol. You don't need to try a mic drop moment when we're experiencing one of the worst games in 14.

Reactions: Sigurd and cptjeff

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Agreed. To win this year needed different players.

Borg wasted money on martinook Domi and Koko.
That's the biggest disappointment to me. Like the Kotkaniemi literally makes no sense at this point. Rod clearly doesn't trust him, and he's probably going to be a Jordan Staal Jr. at best with the way Rod coaches.

Martinook is barely AHL level as I've been saying. But his play isn't any more embarrassing than his teammates getting paid much more.

Domi just has no role, just like many of our players. Front office and coaching staff just seem to wing it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Last year we were physical with Nashville, which was another physical team. We manhandled them on the board and in the open ice. We have gone back to the Bill Peters era of being the bullied and not the bullies.
That’s been the case for well over a decade, well before Peters. The first year under Rod was the only year where we came close to standing up for ourselves.

That’s not really the problem though. Our best players don’t have that thing that shows up in this game, that killer instinct. Yes it’s physicality but it’s way more than that. We have some really great players who play like they’re really great people, which isn’t enough here.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
That’s been the case for well over a decade, well before Peters. The first year under Rod was the only year where we came close to standing up for ourselves.

That’s not really the problem though. Our best players don’t have that thing that shows up in this game, that killer instinct. Yes it’s physicality but it’s way more than that. We have some really great players who play like they’re really great people, which isn’t enough here.
Right… Aho, TT and Staal don’t necessarily exude killer instinct

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I'mma watch the rest of the game but I'm out of here. I understand the frustration, but
  1. There are some really stupid things being posted.
  2. I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to avoid toxic negativity.
Catch you all when things have cooled down a bit.
I must have these people on ignore or you must get triggered really easily.

Reactions: Summer Rose

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I liked the Koko signing it’s just we’re not using him in the best way for him to succeed— for various reasons. I see him as a long term investment.
He’s staal’s replacement but the question to be asked is whether there was someone on the farm who could have filled that role and the Borg would spend the $ on filling other holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad