Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Just for Funsies I wonder what it would take for NJ to get him

Seigenthaler +Holtz + 2023 1st + Okhotiuk/Bahl

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
No it will be to highest bidder. Canucks arent a farm team for the Devils.
The Devs, who would probably be one of the highest bidders so probably so. And so im clear I like Quinn but I think having all 3 is a gimmick we don't need

Pass

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
In terms of Vancouver wanting to get out from under the Benning shaped rock that's crushing their competitive window, a better question would be...
value of Hughes and OEL or,
value of Horvat and Boeser or,
value of Pettersson and Myers

Packages like that.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would pay a substantial amount of money to have him traded to NJ now so we can be spared from all the unite the Hughes brothers threads. It pisses me off until I think that at least there were not internet message boards for "unite the Sutter brothers" threads in the 80s. Then I wonder if some time traveller knew about the internet, went back to the 80s and thought "they aren't ready for it" and went back where he came from and let things take their natural course instead to spare us all. There isn't even a plaque or a statue to honor this hero.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hughes' defensive game is so bad he shouldn't be considered a 1D. He's a very good offensive defenseman with a lousy shot. What's the difference between Tony DeAngelo and Quinn Hughes? Both undersized, lousy defensive game, dynamic offensively, great on the PP. One came into the league with a reputation of being a bonafide 1D, the other has a bad reputation but really, they're the same player. Hughes is closer to DeAngelo or prime shattenkirk or Tyson Barrie than he is Makar or fox.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Word salad! One is true allround Physical D. with leadership quality who can quarterback and effective goalscorer the other lightwight offensiv D.

Hughes+Pete for Ras+Olofsson+second is More then fair

No it's low balling and you know it. Stop.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
If Jersey wants him, I wonder how sides would feel about a 1 for 1 trade for Nemec?
It would not interest me at all. I like the Devils D moving forward with what is in the org now.

I would not trade Seigs. His contract is too good to trade for a cap team like the Devils.
Siegenthaler and Severson with extension surprisingly might benefit both teams.
The Devils need an LD that can actually play D. The Devils need Sevs this year. Nemec should not be rushed to the NHL.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Siegenthaler and Severson with extension surprisingly might benefit both teams.
Siegenthaler was a pleasant surprise. Went for a 3rd rnd pick we got in the Hall trade. Was the best shutdown defender we had last yr. Resigned for a discount to stay. Fitz wouldnt move him. Marino is this years version of the same. Severson may get moved but Q Hughes to NJ seems like a tired discussion

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If the Canucks ever blew it up, I seriously doubt Quinn is moved unless they're offered a king's ransom. Finding legitimate top 4 Dmen in the NHL is incredibly difficult so finding a top pairing guy who can literally control the play is damn near impossible. Most teams have to draft this type of Dmen because they rarely become available via trade during their prime years.

Even a rebuilding team would value that type of anchor on the backend. Again, only way Vancouver trades Quinn is if it's for a king's ransom or he forces their hand but even then, it's not going to be an easy or quick trade to make.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If this season does go the direction it looks to be headed—I wouldn’t be shocked if Hughes, Pettersson, or Demko ask for trades to contenders soon. Their prime years will be wasted if they stay in Vancouver.

Vancouver does not have the depth, does not have the cap space, does not have the prospects, nor do they have the trade assets to make a competitor around that core—and any rebuild will take longer than what the Canucks have their rights for.

The only option left for things to get better is a proper rebuild around entirely new players. This core is done and the sad reality is that the talent they do have now needs to be monetized for players that haven’t even been drafted yet.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Word salad! One is true allround Physical D. with leadership quality who can quarterback and effective goalscorer the other lightwight offensiv D.

Hughes+Pete for Ras+Olofsson+second is More then fair
Not sure who you are referring to but it sure isn’t Dahlin 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad