Value of: Quinn Hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Whats up with all the Canucks fans obsession with Avs fans? :sarcasm:
As an Avs fan seeing this thread :
disappear-car.gif

Pretty embarrassing thread to be honest. Sorry Nucks fans.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Huggy has been unbelievably good this year.
He makes Luke Schenn's job so easy that Schenn looks like a top 4 Dman, every single night.

Quinn Hughes is an untouchable, and if anything Rutherford/Allvin should be gutting this team trying to unite the three Hughes brothers if he wants to build around sublime, fast skill.

Reactions: Grantham

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If you really want to see the value of Quinn Hughes—someone should make a "What's the value of Luke Schenn?" thread where people will then justify that Schenn's stats are merely the result of playing with Hughes.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Whats up with all the Canucks fans obsession with Avs fans? :sarcasm:

It's actually a long con that has been spoiled as there wasn't enough subtlety to it. We Avs fans just want Quinn on the team, so we've started a long campaign of persistent posts enforcing the belief of "Makar > Hughes" and "Hughes <> defense" in order to reduce his perceived value and acquire him for cheap.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don't think we can safely say that for the entirety of either fanbase, but for posterity's sake: nuh uh, no you didn't, we moved on first, etc
If you guys moved on first then why does your fan base keep making threads regarding Hughes? I dont see Canucks fans making threads about Makar or even mentioning him randomly in topics that doesnt even involve him. I have seen Hughes being mentioned by an Avs fan in a thread regarding the Myers hit on Lewis. It just gets to the point that it has bexome hilarious how Avs fan obssess over Hughes and everyone on HFboard knows that now:laugh:

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
If you guys moved on first then why does your fan base keep making threads regarding Hughes? I dont see Canucks fans making threads about Makar or even mentioning him randomly in topics that doesnt even involve him. I have seen Hughes being mentioned by an Avs fan in a thread regarding the Myers hit on Lewis. It just gets to the point that it has bexome hilarious how Avs fan obssess over Hughes and everyone on HFboard knows that now:laugh:
I thought it was clear that I was making a crack about the absurdity of this pissing contest rather than furthering the debate, that's my bad. Yeah a couple annoying Avs fans have made threads, but: first of all, it's inacurrate to say there haven't been a couple Nucks fans who continued fanning the flames in some threads. And secondly, I think we all know that it'd be a little different if Quinn had won the Calder and Vancouver didn't fall on hard times. Nucks fans would have been perfect little humble cherubs, of course!

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It still amazes me someone with his combination of skating and game sense fell to where he did in the draft. Imagine having Seider and Hughes on the blue-line for the next decade.

I'm sure they'd love to have Hughes over Zadina right now, but Edvinsson - Seider won't be too shabby lol.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Huggy has been unbelievably good this year.
He makes Luke Schenn's job so easy that Schenn looks like a top 4 Dman, every single night.

Quinn Hughes is an untouchable, and if anything Rutherford/Allvin should be gutting this team trying to unite the three Hughes brothers if he wants to build around sublime, fast skill.

Quinn Hughes has been outstanding defensively this season. As good as he has been this season, he was equally as awful last year. I think he was genuinely embarrassed by his play last year, went and worked his ass of this offseason, and came in a completely different player. Good on him, not many players can that.

Luke Schenn might be the one of the best non ELC values in the league, look up his stats if you doubt that. He has played as a legit top 4 D for less than $900K. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Canuck players in a real long time.

Also, this notion that the Canucks are weak defensively is crazy. They were historically bad on the PK under Green, but have since improved under BB. They are right there with the teams who have allowed the fewest goals, and are on of the best defensive teams 5on5. I get the names and contracts on the D core may not be the best, but they are getting it done for the Canucks this year. When its all said and done, the Canucks will be a middle of the pack team with some warts on it that will make a push for the playoffs, but defensive play is far from the issue.

Reactions: Grantham

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
A small contingent of Avs fans have the strangest obsession w Hughes

Its straight up weird
thank you for clarifying that its a 'SMALL CONTINGENT' of avs fans. My interest in hughes as a player ended in the calder year when he was competing with Makar and canucks fans riding his dick as the better rookie defence-man ( we know how that worked out). After calder, I get confused on which hughes is being talked about and which hughes plays for which team. You go on the avs forum, there is no talk on Hughes unless some one is jus sarcastically breaking balls.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is a guy the jets shouldn’t be trading... rather they should look to acquire a RD partner that offsets some of the holes/shortcomings in his game.
Trouba would be an excellent partner for him... I know that wouldn’t happen for a bunch of reasons, but get him a big mobile partner who throws his body around, yet is still capable of moving the puck

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The Hughes is bad at defense take is about as fresh as the Girard gets caved in against big forwards.

You can cite examples of both, but rarely will the ability to adjust their games be taken to account.

Limited viewings, but Hughes has looked fine this season. He'll probably never be a shutdown guy, but that doesn't make him Barrie. Good grief.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
You go on the avs forum, there is no talk on Hughes unless some one is jus sarcastically breaking balls.
I think a lot of posters see this kind of thing and miss the sarcasm. It's just hockey. Lol

In terms of his value... Barrie comp obviously ridiculous. Need more time to see if it's back up there with Fox or Makar but looking good

Last edited:
Reactions: jabubenice

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
thank you for clarifying that its a 'SMALL CONTINGENT' of avs fans. My interest in hughes as a player ended in the calder year when he was competing with Makar and canucks fans riding his dick as the better rookie defence-man ( we know how that worked out). After calder, I get confused on which hughes is being talked about and which hughes plays for which team. You go on the avs forum, there is no talk on Hughes unless some one is jus sarcastically breaking balls.
Nice job adding yourself to that "small contingent".

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Quinn Hughes has been outstanding defensively this season. As good as he has been this season, he was equally as awful last year. I think he was genuinely embarrassed by his play last year, went and worked his ass of this offseason, and came in a completely different player. Good on him, not many players can that.

Luke Schenn might be the one of the best non ELC values in the league, look up his stats if you doubt that. He has played as a legit top 4 D for less than $900K. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Canuck players in a real long time.

Also, this notion that the Canucks are weak defensively is crazy. They were historically bad on the PK under Green, but have since improved under BB. They are right there with the teams who have allowed the fewest goals, and are on of the best defensive teams 5on5. I get the names and contracts on the D core may not be the best, but they are getting it done for the Canucks this year. When its all said and done, the Canucks will be a middle of the pack team with some warts on it that will make a push for the playoffs, but defensive play is far from the issue.

Schenn is so underrated on these boards that its sad. He is such a great dman and is playing top 4 regularly on Canucks for $900K. I think the Canucks should not trade him unless they are getting a huge return for him. He is someone that fits the Canucks and fits next to Hughes and brings physicality and fighting ability that Canucks lack.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He’s not good enough defensively but is still really good offensively (Tyson Barrie 2.0 it looks like), but he’s still got a lot of value. Knowing he isn’t a true #1, would the package he could bring to Vancouver be more valuable to them going forward than if they were to keep him?
Lmao what a BRUTAL take.
1) He’s 10x the player offensively than Barrie’s is.

2) He’s actually been very solid defensively this year and has been on our PK since Bruce was hired and has been solid there.

3) He’s not only a #1 defensemen, but he’s a top 10 defenseman in the league.

I’m sorry but this is Garbage.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Schenn is so underrated on these boards that its sad. He is such a great dman and is playing top 4 regularly on Canucks for $900K. I think the Canucks should not trade him unless they are getting a huge return for him. He is someone that fits the Canucks and fits next to Hughes and brings physicality and fighting ability that Canucks lack.
This, Schenn isn’t going anywhere

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
And secondly, I think we all know that it'd be a little different if Quinn had won the Calder and Vancouver didn't fall on hard times. Nucks fans would have been perfect little humble cherubs, of course!

So your justification of the actions of certain AVs fans is that the some Canucks fan MIGHT do the same thing your hypothetical scenario? That’s a pretty disingenuous conjecture considering that it can never be proven. This is just a really weak excuse from some embarrassing behaviors from some members of your fanbase.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
So your justification of the actions of certain AVs fans is that the some Canucks fan MIGHT do the same thing your hypothetical scenario? That’s a pretty disingenuous conjecture considering that it can never be proven. This is just a really weak excuse from some embarrassing behaviors from some members of your fanbase.
I think you're taking it way too seriously. At the end of the day, there was a dick measuring contest, it ended, and some morons on one side, the presently luckier side, are continuing to rub it in. I am not embarrassed because we're talking about sports fans and that's kinda what they do, no matter where they're from. If you wanna try to fashion some kind of moral high ground out of hockey talk, more power to you.

By the way - I am not justifying anything, but if you think a small contingent of Vancouver fans wouldn't still be doing the same if the script were flipped, then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad