Value of: Quinn Hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hahaha
What a swing and a miss.
For fun and to try to not be a jerk,
Basically Quinn was super embarrassed y his poor defensive stats last year. He is a big hockey analytics guys and he hated the year he had.
Being the super competitive athlete that he is, he took that as a challenge to improve his defensive game.
I spent all of last year shitting on his D game. This year is completely different.
His d game is pretty awesome and he is playing like a true high end #1D.

He in priceless and will not be available.
End of discussion

What's the biggest difference you see in his improved defense this year?
I only had limited viewings of last year but it seemed he was reaching alot last year, trying to poke alot, but this year, he is getting his hips on his man and is using leverage better. And once he gets control of the puck, we all know how good he is at getting out of trouble.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It still amazes me someone with his combination of skating and game sense fell to where he did in the draft. Imagine having Seider and Hughes on the blue-line for the next decade.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He’s not good enough defensively but is still really good offensively (Tyson Barrie 2.0 it looks like), but he’s still got a lot of value. Knowing he isn’t a true #1, would the package he could bring to Vancouver be more valuable to them going forward than if they were to keep him?
He is terrible both offensively and defensively. We would be looking at getting an overpaid 2nd liner in a trade for him

Reactions: Lonny Bohonos

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dumb thread. This is basically like asking Colorado what it would take to move Makar. Or asking Dallas/NYR what it would take to move Heiskanen/Fox.

Hughes' is Vancouvers own version of all these guys and even if he's a tier below them he's still a very young, #1D signed long term to a great contract. Zero reason whatsoever to trade him.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
A prior post offered Subway Coupons for Habs Price/Drouin, unfortunately, proposal was an overpayment and shutdown.
ok, you are right. new jersey would accept quinn hughes for a few subway coupons.

but reuniting brothers is equally dump as a trade concept as reuniting junior linemates.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He’s not good enough defensively but is still really good offensively (Tyson Barrie 2.0 it looks like), but he’s still got a lot of value. Knowing he isn’t a true #1, would the package he could bring to Vancouver be more valuable to them going forward than if they were to keep him?
This is the worst take of the year.
Quinn has been better Defensively this year then offensive, He is the driver of the Canucks and worth a fortune.
Never trading him, Ever

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why does avalanche fans hate him so much? Sure there was a rivalry during his rookie year for the Calder, makar won, we moved on…….

every Hughes thread in the past 2 years have been initiated by a avalanche fan and just so you know, Quinn Hughes is currently the plus minus leader right now, playing every night game in game out most minutes played, most minutes against the other teams top players.

but If the narrative is they he sucks defensively than I don’t know what to say anymore. Defensively it’s not an issue.
I just don’t get it why this narrative refuses to die.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I can’t imagine any reasonable circumstance where Vancouver moves Hughes right now. His theoretical value is moot.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hughes shelters the Canucks. His responsibilities could not be divided among the rest. His only issue is lack of PP goals, I imagine he will sort that out very soon. Best Canuck since the Sedins, best Nuck dman of all time already.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Why does avalanche fans hate him so much? Sure there was a rivalry during his rookie year for the Calder, makar won, we moved on…….

every Hughes thread in the past 2 years have been initiated by a avalanche fan and just so you know, Quinn Hughes is currently the plus minus leader right now, playing every night game in game out most minutes played, most minutes against the other teams top players.

but If the narrative is they he sucks defensively than I don’t know what to say anymore. Defensively it’s not an issue.
I just don’t get it why this narrative refuses to die.
Because Hughes lives rent free in a lot of Avs fans minds to the point that they have to spread their disdain for Hughes down the rest of HFboards throats. Honestly its hilarious how obsessed this base of Avs fans are with Hughes, trying to discredit him. They give off the impression they are bigger Hughes haters than they are Avs supporters. Its like they have tourretes and cant go more than 5 minutes on HF before they have to talk about Hughes. I'd wager if you look up these posters history, they have more posts talking about Hughes than the Avs. I've never seen such obsession over an opposing player by a fanbase.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawrence

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Someone's upset that Canucks fans didn't want to trade Hughes for Girard.

also love the irony here, taken from a separate thread

I’m just here to watch Nucks fans trash Girard when they have zero idea about his game

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Marner+Lily for Hughes+Hoglander it would never happen but the value seems close

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This isn't just an Avs/Canucks phenomenon. Any team that has a true #1 caliber d-man has fans that go overboard from time to time. Rangers included.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Because Hughes lives rent free in a lot of Avs fans minds to the point that they have to spread their disdain for Hughes down the rest of HFboards throats. Honestly its hilarious how obsessed this base of Avs fans are with Hughes, trying to discredit him. They give off the impression they are bigger Hughes haters than they are Avs supporters. Its like they have tourretes and cant go more than 5 minutes on HF before they have to talk about Hughes. I'd wager if you look up these posters history, they have more posts talking about Hughes than the Avs. I've never seen such obsession over an opposing player by a fanbase.
Nucks fans partook in these ridiculous dick size contests just as eagerly. And all you are doing is continuing it. It's not our fault Quinn Hughes is only OK at hockey. :sarcasm:

In truth - OP is sorta ridiculous and he's pretty clearly a notch above Barrie.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
What's the biggest difference you see in his improved defense this year?
I only had limited viewings of last year but it seemed he was reaching alot last year, trying to poke alot, but this year, he is getting his hips on his man and is using leverage better. And once he gets control of the puck, we all know how good he is at getting out of trouble.

Id start with effort level to be honest.
He doesn’t do the hot dogger thing anymore, at least not without a bit of thought out in first.
His positioning and gap control is much improved. He is forcing the puck holder a lot more and with his very quick stick, he is causing a lot more turnovers.
He has finally started learning to use his speed and stick to defend, because he can’t really use his body.
It looks like he studied tape all off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad