Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
He will easily take the franchise records for career points and assists. He'll probably become the only other defenseman in franchise history to score a hat trick in a game, too (TIL Dave Babych scored a hat trick in 1991)

Reactions: Coffees

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He will easily take the franchise records for career points and assists. He'll probably become the only other defenseman in franchise history to score a hat trick in a game, too (TIL Dave Babych scored a hat trick in 1991)

It’s pretty crazy how fast a lot of this group has moved up the leaders. Petey 17 in points now, with Brock and Miller tied for 20th. Hughes will also enter the top 10 for franchise assists for all players soon barring injury.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Take those glasses off, you look like a damn fool!

1705378946609.png

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I’m very grateful this guys in the league, and the fact he’s on my favourite team just leaves me at a loss for words, truly.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
With 56 points, Hughes' season is currently tied for the 8th most points ever scored by a Canucks defenseman. In 46 games.

With 1 more point, he'd move into a tie for 5th (with two Paul Reinhart seasons and one from Rick Lanz). At his current pace, he'll tie his own franchise record around game 62 or so.

Last edited:

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Say it loud, say it proud. BEST CANUCK EVER.

I only caught the tail-end of Pavel Bure's time in Vancouver, but at this stage I'd tend to agree. Huggy represents everything I love about our game.

It's a fast, at times brutal sport relying on sheer physicality and coordination. Then you look at Quinn, "that's a small body, gentlemen"... just absolutely bitch-slap the best players in the world with his IQ and skill. I love this game.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
At his career PPG rate, he will become the second-highest scoring Canucks defenseman of all time by Game #69 of this season against Buffalo, and will do so in approximately 420 fewer games than the current holder of that position, Mattias Ohlund

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
At his career PPG rate, he will become the second-highest scoring Canucks defenseman of all time by Game #69 of this season against Buffalo, and will do so in approximately 420 fewer games than the current holder of that position, Mattias Ohlund

But will he ever have a place in the inner circle of the Swedish mafia?

Yeah, I thought so.
:sarcasm:

Reactions: tjhfrog

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
JhH6oTj.jpg

So if my math is correct (just extrapolating PPG), he'll probably set the franchise single-season D scoring record (again, and maybe in 15 fewer games than last season) during the late-February homestand as @Hammman mentioned, and surpass Mattias Ohlund during the March homestand (mmmmaybe with Cale Makar in the house, who would be a fitting and worthy opponent to hit a personal milestone against)

Greedy me is hoping to hear the P.A. announcement of QH's new single-season scoring record during a convincing win against Boston on 2/24

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i think just by how the game works a forward has to be mcjesus or close to it to have the impact a 1D has, or a 2007 luongo/bubble demko-level goalie

so yeah as far as i’ve seen nobody has tilted the ice on this team the way hughes has, other than maybe the very best of luongo and demko, and even then they didn’t tilt the ice, per se, they just sealed off on end of it

all due respect to 1994 bure, 2002 nas/tuzzi, and 2010 sedins, current hughes is just a level above in terms of how he impacts the entire ice and makes every single player on with him better. like, when you’re under pressure you can’t just bail out by passing it to bure and then assume he’s going to make two or three quick pivots and then effortlessly skate the puck to safety, or the sedins as great as they were as playmakers or nas/tuzzi as excellent as they were on the rush aren’t going to auto advance the puck two lines every single time it touches their stick.

which is also to say, can you believe we were a team for almost 50 years before the hockey gods gave us a true 1D? but man hughes is making up for all those years without one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad