Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Has a 6 point lead on Makar now. Needs a strong last 25 games to lock up the Norris. Should be top 5 for the Hart trophy as well.

It's kind of crazy he still has a 6 point lead. He hasn't played poorly, but offensive production has been quite terrible over the past 5 games (0g+2a). Makar only has 1g+0a in that same stretch.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I really want him to win the Norris. One because it's an incredible achievement for him and Two because Avs fans are annoying af about how Makar is on another planet.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffees

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Has a 6 point lead on Makar now. Needs a strong last 25 games to lock up the Norris. Should be top 5 for the Hart trophy as well.

Norris is pretty likely at this point barring injury or a complete tank in play. I don’t think he’ll end up very high in Hart voting though given the number of strong forward years

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I really want him to win the Norris. One because it's an incredible achievement for him and Two because Avs fans are annoying af about how Makar is on another planet.
I thought Avs fans are chill now?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
He’s usually a pretty laid back player but you can start to see the frustration take over when the physical, low scoring and tight checking games are played.

Lots of interest in how he looks in the playoffs

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
He’s usually a pretty laid back player but you can start to see the frustration take over when the physical, low scoring and tight checking games are played.

Lots of interest in how he looks in the playoffs
I think he's frustrated because he never gets any calls even in the regular season. Teams can't keep up so they pretty much turn into lumber jacks with their sticks all game.

NHL is gonna let our playoff opponent go full Shayne Churla on him. Really not going to blame Quinn if he snaps like Bure did.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I think he's frustrated because he never gets any calls even in the regular season. Teams can't keep up so they pretty much turn into lumber jacks with their sticks all game.

NHL is gonna let our playoff opponent go full Shayne Churla on him. Really not going to blame Quinn if he snaps like Bure did.

sadly i don’t think quinn really has the physique to go bure on anyone

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's kind of crazy he still has a 6 point lead. He hasn't played poorly, but offensive production has been quite terrible over the past 5 games (0g+2a). Makar only has 1g+0a in that same stretch.
Dman point production is extremely dependant on PP opportunity and success.

Our PP has had a rough stretch. QH is not getting a ton of points.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Norris is pretty likely at this point barring injury or a complete tank in play. I don’t think he’ll end up very high in Hart voting though given the number of strong forward years
Remember there's a GM that don't think QH is a top 10 Dman. And Makar led Norris votes by a margin in the recent ESPN poll. Don't underestimate ingrained misperception.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Remember there's a GM that don't think QH is a top 10 Dman. And Makar led Norris votes by a margin in the recent ESPN poll. Don't underestimate ingrained misperception.
I'd pay to know who that GM is. He's got to have some serious cognitive issue, and I'm not even joking.

You could make coherent arguments about Hughes not even being a top 3 defenceman THIS season. But not top 10?

Hughes without any goals and a 75% reduction in +/- would be a top 10 dman.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'd pay to know who that GM is. He's got to have some serious cognitive issue, and I'm not even joking.

You could make coherent arguments about Hughes not even being a top 3 defenceman THIS season. But not top 10?

Hughes without any goals and a 75% reduction in +/- would be a top 10 dman.

Turns out it's Holland still upset he drafted Zadina over Hughes. :sarcasm:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Last 3 point game was a month ago. 8 points in last 12 games. Him and Makar have slowed down a bit offensively and Josi is making a last season surge.

Still the favourite for the Norris but needs a 3-4 point game soon.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Don’t want to hate on him, but Hughes having some rough games for his standards is a big factor in the team’s struggles. Having him tilt the ice 25 min a night was so important to the big start. Hopefully he can get back to that consistent level soon.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Quinn Hughes is the next best thing to grill cheese bacon sandwich.
What a f***ing season he is having, remarkable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad