Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I went to the Avs board to see what that was about. Man, they have soured on Makar quite a bit. It appears that Hughes may have passed him, at least in this moment.

It's Fox vs Hughes right now for best d-man in the league. Fox definitely won that last matchup, hopefully Hughes can go stomp him next time.
They have??

• Wow
Reactions: HockeyWooot

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
They have??
They were saying he's regressed and complimenting Hughes and Fox a bit. I've noticed they haven't really invaded Hughes threads on the main board recently which is another sign things have changed. I'm betting that its injury related personally, Makar's kind of skill and explosiveness doesn't just go away.

Reactions: Jay26 and bh53

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
IMG_4316.jpeg

Posted in the hockey card thread as well, but figured you guys would appreciate my Quinn Hughes rookie collection too.

Ribbit

Jul 30, 2022
BC
Quinn Hughes has multiple elite level skills but his biggest asset might be his mindset and drive to get better. Never happy to just sit back and be what he is now, he wants to keep adding things and improving his game. This year he's been taking over 3 shots a game so far, compared to last year where he was shooting just under 2 a game. It's scary to think about how good he is now and how he still might have more to give.

Thank goodness we were able to draft him. He's just so fun to watch.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'd go even higher than that honestly.

Before the season started I put a small bet on Quinn winning the Hart this year.

I figured if the Canucks were to really succeed it would greatly depend on Quinn levelling up again.

Probably too reputation based of an award for him to actually win it but those 200:1 odds look pretty decent right now.

i live in a delicious dream world where seven months from now the older two hughes brothers are hart finalists and the third guy doesn’t play for edmonton, toronto, or colorado

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Checking the NHL scoring race, after tonight's Sharks blowout, the Canucks officially have four players in the top-10 in league scoring. Insane.

And Quinn Hughes with 16 points is four points clear of the next highest scoring d-man and only four points back of his brother Jack in Jersey.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Checking the NHL scoring race, after tonight's Sharks blowout, the Canucks officially have four players in the top-10 in league scoring. Insane.

And Quinn Hughes with 16 points is four points clear of the next highest scoring d-man and only four points back of his brother Jack in Jersey.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Brock being the 4th is at 12th place actually. Nothing to sneeze at though incredible to have all four that high,

Reactions: bh53

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
He's tied for 1st in the entire league in Even Strength Points, alongside the likes of Pastrnak and Pettersson

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
I didn't think we'd ever have an offensive defenseman as good as Paul Reinhart again.

The fact that Hughes is blowing him out of the water (on both sides of the puck, tbh) is remarkable.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

Best Canuck I’ve ever watched play in my 25 years as a fan.

Meaning Bure's time as a Canuck is not included in your timeframe ;)

Seriously though, he's already the best defenseman to play for the Canucks already, and he's just entering his prime.

Better than the sedins, luongo and Naslund? Well, he's definitely on the right track.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Meaning Bure's time as a Canuck is not included in your timeframe ;)

Seriously though, he's already the best defenseman to play for the Canucks already, and he's just entering his prime.

Better than the sedins, luongo and Naslund? Well, he's definitely on the right track.

I know it's early, but IMO Quinn is playing at a level Bure never reached. If he keeps it up that's another thing.

Quinn is having a special season, if the season was to end today hes winning the Hart trophy.

Its like he's playing a different game than the other people on the ice.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Premature. And a big if. But if the Canucks win a cup with this core in the next few seasons, might history look a little more kindly back at Jim Benning's team building?

Drafted (no picks higher than 5OA):
Demko
Boeser
Pettersson
Hughes
Hoglander

Traded for:
Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad