GDT: QF - SWE vs. FIN May 23, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
The app on my Smartphones tells me Sweden shot already 22 times at the Finnish goal, but Finland still only 7 times. It's only a matter of time until Sweden opens the scoring if it continues like that.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
That try by Jääskä is this team in a nutshell, stone hands personified.

At least Larmi has been great, and the Finns are fighting hard despite their stone hands.

Reactions: BullLund

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
My gut feeling was correct. Sweden buckles under pressure.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That try by Jääskä is this team in a nutshell, stone hands personified.

At least Larmi has been great, and the Finns are fighting hard despite their stone hands.
Jääskä is one of those guys.. Goal chances happen with and around him but they seldom become goals.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That has been like this the whole tournament so far.
No, the team effort has not been impressive at all before this game.

Sweden honestly doesn't look like they care to play defense.
The Swedish defense is more individual based than collective. It's odd to see from a nordic game. Dahlin runs the defense and makes right decision after right decision, but the structure isn't really there.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Top 3 swedish forward in the tournament. Extremely strong on the puck.

He's been really good. Wins board battles, getting inside positions, sets up his shooters and goes to screen in front of the crease.
Great to hear. He forced his way onto the team in a fairly crowded forward group this season and had a decent showing in the playoffs despite the lack of production. Hoping he grows into a bigger role for us.

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Haven’t seen this kind of gulf in basic ability in Finland games since the 80’s - and never against Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad