BRUINS GDT PS2 - 7:08 PM - A day trip to Buff-a-lo - NESN+, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
They trotted out Paul Gaustad in the next game as the sacrificial lamb in the next meetup to fight Lucic. He was tough in his own right but not on Looch's level.
He was dressed the game Lucic ran Miller and didn't go near Lucic until the Buffalo media got all over the Sabres for not protecting there best player. He was a sacrificial lamb, good on face-offs though.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Megna is what he is and I am guessing they want to see if he's a viable 13th Forward. They also could be looking at him being in Providence. He's not flashy by any means but having a viable 13th forward who understands the role is important.

Well exactly, he is what he his. I got several guys queued up ahead of him I'd rather they be looking at.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I don't have a clear understanding of the violation. Would that hit be a penalty if it wasn't the goalie involved

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Dirty. Filthy, in fact. If that was my goaltender, I'd hunt him down like a dog. He'd be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his career.
Really? If the goalie wants to come out 30 feet out of his crease and play a puck then he's asking for it.

Are you going to just step aside and let him send a pass up the middle of the ice and maybe send a guy in on a breakaway?

Goalies are to skilled today to just allow them the freedom to do what they please when they leave the crease.

Its the Sabres that failed on that play not Looch. All hell should have broken loose but it didn't.

Reactions: BMC and BBruins

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well exactly, he is what he his. I got several guys queued up ahead of him I'd rather they be looking at.
I totally get it. The fact that he's in again makes me think they may be ready to make some cuts plus they had to be at the vet minimum for preseason games.

I do like the 4th line tonight.

Looking forward to seeing Looch again and I like the 4th line as well as Carlo-Lohrei. Gryz and Mast is an interesting combo.

All in all, I like this line up better than Sunday's.

Reactions: JOKER 192

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I totally get it. The fact that he's in again makes me think they may be ready to make some cuts plus they had to be at the vet minimum for preseason games.

I do like the 4th line tonight.

Looking forward to seeing Looch again and I like the 4th line as well as Carlo-Lohrei. Gryz and Mast is an interesting combo.

All in all, I like this line up better than Sunday's.
Half this line-up will be in Providence or waived.

I want Beecher to stand out again, I feel he's the only center playing tonight with a legit chance to start in Boston.

Brunet and Mast are my two D guys I will be paying close attention to

Reactions: PlayMakers

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I don't have a clear understanding of the violation. Would that hit be a penalty if it wasn't the goalie involved

It's never allowed. You can't check a goaltender anywhere on the ice. He got called for a charging minor. DOPS looked at it, but didn't suspend him.

Really? If the goalie wants to come out 30 feet out of his crease and play a puck then he's asking for it.

Are you going to just step aside and let him send a pass up the middle of the ice and maybe send a guy in on a breakaway?

Goalies are to skilled today to just allow them the freedom to do what they please when they leave the crease.

Its the Sabres that failed on that play not Looch. All hell should have broken loose but it didn't.

No matter where they are on the ice, a goaltender cannot be checked. That's the rule, so it's a penalty. Which has nothing to do with the Code, which is "You run my goalie, expect to dance." The Sabres just didn't have anyone who could dance with Looch.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
In my humble opinion, that hit on Miller can be both something I can see good in and also be filthy dirty. This team has been missing someone like Looch for a long time, A guy who doesn't give a shit, and will pop you, blast you through the end boards, or even run your goalie. I though Hathaway was going to be it, but he was decidedly un-Hathaway in his tenure here.

In case anyone wants to know what I mean, see below. A rookie Joseph was running around all game. Khaira and Kassian both tapped him to go, and he refused. So the next shift, here comes Looch:

Sometimes you need a guy who won't put up with shit and just says "f*** it!" Looch is a guy who says "f*** it!"

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
It's never allowed. You can't check a goaltender anywhere on the ice. He got called for a charging minor. DOPS looked at it, but didn't suspend him.

No matter where they are on the ice, a goaltender cannot be checked. That's the rule, so it's a penalty. Which has nothing to do with the Code, which is "You run my goalie, expect to dance." The Sabres just didn't have anyone who could dance with Looch.
Never said its not a penalty, it is but it wouldn't stop me from doing it if he's out that far. Looch could have pulled up a bit and and not hit him full force.

He did and rightfully so got called for it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

No matter where they
20230926_114732.JPG
are on the ice, a goaltender cannot be checked. That's the rule, so it's a penalty. Which has nothing to do with the Code, which is "You run my goalie, expect to dance." The Sabres just didn't have anyone who could dance with Looch.
Yup, it's in section 69.2 of the official 2023-2024 NHL rulebook.

Not sure exactly what the penalty was 10 years ago but too much effort to try finding lol.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Disappointed Poitras is sitting this one out. Especially when I see Megna in the lineup.

Look at the forward group they're sending, its basically guys slated for the AHL or bottom 6. The team is going to start cutting guys with AHL pre-season games start a week from today. As @Alicat said, they likely just want to get another look at Megna to see if he could be a 13th forward guy should their be an injury and need to call someone up.

I rather see Poitras playing with skilled top 6 guys vs bottom 6 guys.

Reactions: Alicat

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Anyone know if this is televised in Canada? Don't see it on Sportsnet or NHL centre ice. Ughh

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
In my humble opinion, that hit on Miller can be both something I can see good in and also be filthy dirty. This team has been missing someone like Looch for a long time, A guy who doesn't give a shit, and will pop you, blast you through the end boards, or even run your goalie. I though Hathaway was going to be it, but he was decidedly un-Hathaway in his tenure here.

In case anyone wants to know what I mean, see below. A rookie Joseph was running around all game. Khaira and Kassian both tapped him to go, and he refused. So the next shift, here comes Looch:

Sometimes you need a guy who won't put up with shit and just says "f*** it!" Looch is a guy who says "f*** it!"

Just to point out to the people who hate fighting, Lucic never dropped his gloves here, so no fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad