BRUINS GDT PS2 - 7:08 PM - A day trip to Buff-a-lo - NESN+, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I

I remember him giving Chris Neil of Ottawa a beating in an exhibition game when Neil was giving Krejci a hard time.
Wacked him in the balls, Neil may have been messing with Savard too iirc. Hit him or something behind the play.

Neil started to come back a little towards the end of that one after Lucic tired out using his face as a punching bag

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sabres playing a bunch of first stringers against mostly fringe Bruins so this likely won't be much of a game. Chance for fringe guys to make an impact I guess.

If Looch runs Levi the universe will explode :)
first stringers? thought on page 1 or 2 of this thread they listed Sabres lineup, didn`t look that great to me

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
first stringers? thought on page 1 or 2 of this thread they listed Sabres lineup, didn`t look that great to me
1695754743729.png

I see a lot more talent here than what Boston is sending out....

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
never heard of Clague, Cecconi, Samuelsson, Stillman, Rosen, Murray, the way the post sounded was the Sabres lining up 4 full lines and 6 starting D. I suppose in comparison to the B`s , sure
I mean, they're playing their two best players (and two of the top 20-25 players in the league), their presumptive starting goalie, plus Skinner, Samuelsson, and Mittelstadt, along with one of their top prospects in Rosen (Tuch is not playing tonight). We're playing Carlo, Grizz, and Lucic.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1695755454190.png

This is Buffalo’s second of seven preseason games after the team opened their preseason slate on Saturday, Sept. 24. Today’s matchup is being broadcast on MSG and WGR 550 AM in Western New York. After beginning the 2023 preseason with a 4-3 shootout win in Washington, the Sabres return home for tonight’s game against the Boston Bruins. On Sept. 27, Buffalo will take on the Toronto Maple Leafs at Joe Thornton Community Center in the annual Kraft Hockeyville game before heading to Pittsburgh for a matchup against the Penguins on Sept. 28. Buffalo will then play a home-and-home series with the Columbus Blue Jackets, beginning with a contest in Buffalo on Sept. 30 and concluding with a road matchup with the Blue Jackets on Oct. 4. The Sabres will round out their preseason schedule at KeyBank Center against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Oct. 6. JJ Peterka, Peyton Krebs and Zach Benson are tied for the team lead in goals (one) in the 2023 preseason and eight Buffalo skaters recorded a point in the Sabres’ first game. Buffalo and Boston have played 21 preseason games against each other all-time. The last preseason matchup between the two clubs came on Sept. 16, 2000, a 5-3 Sabres victory. The Sabres are 6-11-4 in preseason contests against the Bruins. In their preseason history, the Sabres are 1-3-0 at Boston and 5-8-4 against the Bruins at home. The Sabres are 1-1-0 since 2000 in preseason games against the Bruins. Buffalo went 1-3-0 against Boston in the 2022-23 season. The Sabres and Bruins will meet three times in the regular season, beginning with a matchup in Buffalo on Nov. 14. After a second contest in Boston on Dec. 7, the Bruins will travel to Buffalo again as the teams wrap up the season series on Dec. 27 at KeyBank Center. The Sabres are 167-173-53 all-time in the preseason, including a 54-37-7 preseason record since the 2005-06 season. These totals only include games against NHL opponents; the Sabres also defeated Adler Mannheim 8-3 in an exhibition game as part of the 2011 NHL Premiere Series. Buffalo will open the regular season at home when they host the New York Rangers on Oct. 12. The Sabres will then begin their road schedule with a standalone trip to play the New York Islanders on Oct. 14. Following the first two games of their regular season, Buffalo will begin a four-game homestand consisting of matchups with Tampa Bay, Calgary, NY Islanders and Montreal from Oct. 17 to 23.

Reactions: Fenian24 and BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
never heard of Clague, Cecconi, Samuelsson, Stillman, Rosen, Murray, the way the post sounded was the Sabres lining up 4 full lines and 6 starting D. I suppose in comparison to the B`s , sure
Rosen was drafted two years ago - Lysell class. Was picked 14th?

Kid can skate and has a nice shot. Weakness was skinny body and avoidance of the physical stuff. Maybe he has developed since..

Reactions: ODAAT

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Excited to see Lorhei in action. Also the return of Lucic. And of course the kids up front: Beecher, Merkulov, Lauko, McLaughlin and Steen should all be in the conversation. Chance for them to make a statement tonight against some NHL talent.

Also excited to see Thompson, he's probably my favorite non Bruin. And Dahlin really turned a corner last year and looked elite. He'll be a player to watch this season for sure.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad