Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Usually I try to catch Bridgeport when they play in Adirondack or Utica.

Rex, I have an Uncle who lives in the Poconos who is a hockey fanatic, in fact he helped teach me the game. He's a Ranger's fan, but despite that flaw, he's still my favorite Uncle. He actually roots for the Islanders when they aren't playing the Rangers (so he says lol), and is a draft nut like me, we watch the draft every year together. Anyway, the Poconos aren't far from Wilkes Barre, and he enjoys going there to watch some AHL hockey, especially when they play Hartford or our Soundtigers. So he told me he's gonna get tickets for him and I for a Wilkes Barre vs Bridgeport game, so I'll get to see some of our stud prospects.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Rex, I have an Uncle who lives in the Poconos who is a hockey fanatic, in fact he helped teach me the game. He's a Ranger's fan, but despite that flaw, he's still my favorite Uncle. He actually roots for the Islanders when they aren't playing the Rangers (so he says lol), and is a draft nut like me, we watch the draft every year together. Anyway, the Poconos aren't far from Wilkes Barre, and he enjoys going there to watch some AHL hockey, especially when they play Hartford or our Soundtigers. So he told me he's gonna get tickets for him and I for a Wilkes Barre vs Bridgeport game, so I'll get to see some of our stud prospects.

Scott, I remember you saying you watch the draft with your uncle every year. That would be great if you can see Bridgeport play live, nothing like watching in person, enjoyed seeing Strome, Lee, Mayfiekd, ect a few times before they were called up and following how they were improving. Kind of surprised the AHL schedule still hasn't been released yet, want to catch Bridgeport when they get up here.

Big logjam with all the D so Leduc might have to play an overage season, junior teams are already in training camp and will start playing games this weekend, will look to see if MDC and JHS get in a couple of games before NHL camp opens.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I know I have asked this question before but do not remember seeing an answer.
Do any of you prospects followers think that Andrej Pedan can be converted into a power forward of NHL quality? He sure has the size, is a good skater and can handle the puck, has a very good shot.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I know I have asked this question before but do not remember seeing an answer.
Do any of you prospects followers think that Andrej Pedan can be converted into a power forward of NHL quality? He sure has the size, is a good skater and can handle the puck, has a very good shot.

Have to be honest Bill I don't know, maybe the only way to find out if someone gets the idea to play him at forward and see if he takes to it and has the instincts to do so.

Have only seen a very few clips of him. The three games I went to watch Bridgeport play last year Pedan was either injured or playing in Stockton.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Its way to early to tell with Pedan, I see his upside as Sheldon Souray but if he stays healthy this year we will learn a lot more. He was out of position a bunch last year hen healthy.

A very intruiging package of great size, skills, meanness. I would hate to give up on him too early, let him see if he can develop. Two more years on his ELC, I hope he gets plenty of quality ice time from Thompson. They like to pair him with Mayfield, the twin towers.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Connor is an undrafted player that skipped a season and a half playing in Europe for the Salzburg Red Bulls.

I smell something very Wang-like though. Connor was a former team mate of McDavid (minor midget) as well. They might use him (depending on their relationship previously), to try to woo McDavid..well....that's just my conspiracy theory.

I also think he might be displaying what we look for in work ethic and character.

"Graham was drafted into the OHL by Saginaw in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, but was unable to crack the Spirit roster as a 16-year old.

Instead of leaving Canada to play in the United States, he took an opportunity to head overseas."

http://ottawa67s.blogspot.co.at/2014/01/connor-graham-adapting-to-major-junior.html

We need leadership at all levels, so I think this is the main reason why we invited him.

There will be no "wooing" of McDavid for several years...he hasn't even been drafted yet....

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
It was nice to listen to a live game since coming back from the trip to Africa, other than the sale nothing much going on. Several WHL teams are broadcasting their pre season games.
Regina is playing again tonight, as veteran and the team captain have to see if he Burroughs plays tonight, Regina may want to look at some of their other defenseman.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
after reading about this kid, he is my pick to be a pleasant surprise. it will be hard to crack our lineup, but i think he can turn into an asset.

Like Burroughs too, he doesn't do anything that stands out, but he's very solid all around. He's fairly tough though not big and doesn't fight often, he can handle himself. Saw him at the end of last year when Bridgeport was at Adirondack and he was steady.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It was nice to listen to a live game since coming back from the trip to Africa, other than the sale nothing much going on. Several WHL teams are broadcasting their pre season games.
Regina is playing again tonight, as veteran and the team captain have to see if he Burroughs plays tonight, Regina may want to look at some of their other defenseman.

OT, but were you anywhere near the hot zone?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
OT, but were you anywhere near the hot zone?

We were in Eastern Africa starting in Ethiopia, first at the Erta Ale then Dallol volcano. Speaking of heat, the temperatures there were the worst, almost 100 at Erta Ale. Dallol, where the land is 150 feet below sea level the temperature was only 124 degrees. Then we went to the Congo, Rwanda then to Tanzania.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
We were in Eastern Africa starting in Ethiopia, first at the Erta Ale then Dallol volcano. Speaking of heat, the temperatures there were the worst, almost 100 at Erta Ale. Dallol, where the land is 150 feet below sea level the temperature was only 124 degrees. Then we went to the Congo, Rwanda then to Tanzania.

You don't happen to have photos hosted online somewhere do you? I teach ES too.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
You don't happen to have photos hosted online somewhere do you? I teach ES too.

Sorry I don't, just did a check, you can google Erta Ale, Dallol, Nyrigongo, Lake Kivu, Ol Doinyo Lengei, and there are some amazing photos posted. One of the other geologists did the photography and he promised to send them along soon.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Good to hear. There are many cool paleo spots in Africa I'd like to check out, but I suspect you were there looking at volcanic formations...

If you get the chance look up Jeju Island. It has two Unesco geopark sites.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Good to hear. There are many cool paleo spots in Africa I'd like to check out, but I suspect you were there looking at volcanic formations...

If you get the chance look up Jeju Island. It has two Unesco geopark sites.

A few of the guys thought I was on the west coast and got sick, Did get some altitude sickness which is normal at high elevations. On the volcanoes we were gathering rock and lava samples, measuring gas emissions, teaching the local geologists how to better monitor the volcanoes

Looking up Jeju Island, looks like an amazing place with the Hallasan volcano. Thanks for the heads up.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
For your viewing pleasure if you need to see a little hockey this afternoon.
NHL Network is replaying the Prospects Games at 3 PM, a chance to see JHS and MDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad