Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
October 16
Windsor 8, Saginaw 5-JHS, 2 goals, (1,2), 1 assist , + 1.
Both goals in third, the first on a breakaway, assist was on empty net goal.
First star of game.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Wow, good for JHS! If MDC and JHS take another step forward this year, the talent up and down the organization is going to be scary good.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Wow, good for JHS! If MDC and JHS take another step forward this year, the talent up and down the organization is going to be scary good.

Yup. Makes you think: who gives an eff about that '15 1st? Our NHL core looks amazing, and we still have at least 5 high end prospects outside the NHL in Griff, Lee, Pulock, MDC and Ho-Sang.

Future(and the present for that matter) looks bright.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yup. Makes you think: who gives an eff about that '15 1st? Our NHL core looks amazing, and we still have at least 5 high end prospects outside the NHL in Griff, Lee, Pulock, MDC and Ho-Sang.

I have been driving this point for awhile...Glad im not the only one who feels this way

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Just my opinion of course, but I think Collberg belongs in that group to make it 6.

video of the goals are uploading now.... i'll post momentarily.

For the record, Ho Sang played center for the first two periods and struggled (especially defensively). They put him on RW to start the third period and he went berserk.

Mavericknyc1980

Jul 14, 2006
Just my opinion of course, but I think Collberg belongs in that group to make it 6.

video of the goals are uploading now.... i'll post momentarily.

For the record, Ho Sang played center for the first two periods and struggled (especially defensively). They put him on RW to start the third period and he went berserk.

Your impressed with Colberg??

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Such a selfish player. Passing to the open guy with an open net sitting on a hat trick. Kid is no good.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Such a selfish player. Passing to the open guy with an open net sitting on a hat trick. Kid is no good.

Those types of plays shoe an utter lack of maturity. Snow made a great move by trading up to grab Nelson a few years back but then follows it up this past draft by trading back in this kid?

We needed to re stock on forwards and this kid just isn't going to cut it lol.

As for the rest of the major juniors, be prepared to face a kid with elite skills who feels like it is him versus the world.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Your impressed with Colberg??

I've liked collberg for years. Seems like I've seen him play a thousand times in the world juniors tournament. He seems to be there every year.

Its early in his pro career in Bridgeport but he's doing the same things. Strong fore check and puck pursuit in the offensive zone, smart passes, and the guy has a real knack for causing traffic in front of the net (usually without taking punishment). His sense of when a point shot is going to be taken is superb. He just drifts right past the goalie as the shot is being taken usually in a prime spot for a deflection or a rebound (and has the smarts and discipline to know when to deflect or let it go through).

He can absolutely be a silent assassin. I like his game, he still doesn't have any fear (he never did but I was worried that his shoulder injury might weaken his game mentally) it hasn't.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I've liked collberg for years. Seems like I've seen him play a thousand times in the world juniors tournament. He seems to be there every year.

Its early in his pro career in Bridgeport but he's doing the same things. Strong fore check and puck pursuit in the offensive zone, smart passes, and the guy has a real knack for causing traffic in front of the net (usually without taking punishment). His sense of when a point shot is going to be taken is superb. He just drifts right past the goalie as the shot is being taken usually in a prime spot for a deflection or a rebound (and has the smarts and discipline to know when to deflect or let it go through).

He can absolutely be a silent assassin. I like his game, he still doesn't have any fear (he never did but I was worried that his shoulder injury might weaken his game mentally) it hasn't.

Love hearing this. I remember seeing him snipe some goals at the WJC and thinking, man what a shot.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Maybe we have our Stanley cup parade on draft day. Just to make a point about this non draft pick situation. Garth can get to the draft for the third round. Isnt that the second day anyway? Little wang and a bunch if his friends can hang out at the draft table on day 1 . Papa johns can deliver some pies.
Would never happen but after he made the ( everyone craps on us ) comment at the last draft, it would be wild.
Maybe our parade can go from NVMC to Barclays . First game next year raise the banner. That would be
Nucken futs.
And then I woke up, 2am, the dream ended,looked at my wife,the nightmare continues.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
October 17
Oshawa 6, Sarnia 4-MDC, 1 assist, even.
Kingston 6, Plymouth 4-VCR, - 1.
Kootenay 1, Regina 0-Burroughs, even.
UMass-Lowell 6, Qiunnipiac 3-Toews, 1 assist, even.
Ferris State 3, St. Lawrence 2 (OT)-Schempp, 2 assists, + 2.
Notre Dame 5, Lake Superior State 3-Russo, 1 goal (1), 1 assist, + 3.
Minnesota State 5, Minnesota-Duluth 4 (OT)-Williams , 34 saves, 38 shots.

Last edited:

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
October 17
Oshawa 6, Sarnia 4-MDC, 1 assist, even.
Kingston 6, Plymouth 4-VCR, - 1.
Kootenay 1, Regina 0-Burroughs, even.
UMass-Lowell 6, Qiunnipiac 3-Toews, 1 assist, even.
Ferris State 3, St. Lawrence 2 (OT)-Schempp, 2 assists, + 2.
Notre Dame 5, Lake Superior State 3-Russo, 1 goal (1), 1 assist, + 3.
Minnesota State 5, Minnesota-Duluth 4 (OT)-Williams , 34 saves, 38 shots.

Some video from last nights prospects..... The Schempp tape is terrible.... Schempp skates to the corner and throws the puck to the net (since its impossible to see the numbers)

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
October 18
Oshawa 6, Owen Sound 0-MDC, 1 goal (5), 1 assist, + 1.
Plymouth 4, Peterborough 3 (SO)-VCR, 1 assist, + 2.
Barrie 7, Windsor 4-JHS, 2 assists, - 3.
Regina 6,Lethbridge 1, Burroughs, 1 assist, + 3.
Notre Dame 5, Lake Superior State 1-Russo, 1 assist, + 3.
Quinnipiac 3, UMass Lowell 3 (OT)-Toews , 1 assist, -2.
St. Lawrence 2, Ferris State 0-Schempp, even.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
October 18
Oshawa 6, Owen Sound 0, third period, MDC, 1 goal (5), 1 assist.
Plymouth 3, Peterborough 3, in OT
Barrie 4, Windsor 2, third period
Regina 0, Lethbridge 0, first period
Notre Dame 5, Lake Superior State 1-Russo, 1 assist, + 3.
Quinnipiac 3, UMass Lowell 3 (OT)-Toews 1 assist, -2.
St. Lawrence 2, Ferris State 0-Schempp, even.

Toews seems to get points every game. He must get a lot of ice time and be an important part of that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad