Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I've said it before, but I'd really like to see Reinhart's point totals over a larger sample size in the AHL.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Isles' prospects Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang have been named to the OHL Subway Super Series roster. Dal Colle will be playing in both games (November 13th and November 17th), while Ho-Sang will be playing in the November 17th game.

Ryan Strome's brother Dylan was also selected to play in the November 17th game, while OHL phenom Connor McDavid will be playing in the November 13th game.

Full rosters here.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Isles' prospects Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang have been named to the OHL Subway Super Series roster. Dal Colle will be playing in both games (November 13th and November 17th), while Ho-Sang will be playing in the November 17th game.

Ryan Strome's brother Dylan was also selected to play in the November 17th game, while OHL phenom Connor McDavid will be playing in the November 13th game.

Full rosters here.

Wonder if this will be shown on The NHL Network. I remember it was on a few years ago, but that might have been because of the lockout. Also, was the Russian roster released ? I wonder if Sorokin will play ?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wonder if this will be shown on The NHL Network. I remember it was on a few years ago, but that might have been because of the lockout. Also, was the Russian roster released ? I wonder if Sorokin will play ?

According to this thread, the Russian roster was released. Sorokin doesn't seem to have been named, but that may just be because his KHL team doesn't see the point in making him available for what are essentially just exhibition games. The final roster in December might be a different story.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I've said it before, but I'd really like to see Reinhart's point totals over a larger sample size in the AHL.

That is probably the last thing that I'm worried about. I'd rather see him not get smoked to the outside on a consistent basis, quicker feet!

He's never going to contribute much offensively IMO. Could prove me wrong though of course.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
October 24
Plymouth 5, Mississauga 0-VCR, 1 assist, even.
Guelph 5, Windsor 2-JHS, 2 assists, even.
Oshawa 8, Saginaw 5-MDC, 2 assists, even.
Swift Current 3, Regina 1-Burroughs, - 1.
Michigan Tech 1, Ferris State 0-Schempp, even.
Notre Dame 6, Niagara 3-Russo, 2 goals (2,3), + 3. (second goal EN).
BU 1, Michigan State 0-Somerby, even.
Minnesota State 3, Alabama-Huntsville 1-Williams, 16 saves, 17 shots.
Minnesota 5, Bemidji State 2-Cammaratta, 1 goal, (1), 2 assists, + 1, Bischoff, 1 assist, + 2.
Fun note-Pedan's brother Ruslan plays for Bemidji State.

Last edited:

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
October 24
Minnesota 5, Bemidji State 2-Cammaratta, 1 goal, (1), 2 assists, + 1, Bischoff, 1 assist, + 2.

FYI Sam Povorozniouk had 1 goal and 2 assists in his first 7 games. Then he was paired with Josh Ho Sang.... He has 5 goals in his last 4 games (JHS has an assist on every single one of them) 4 of those goals are Power Play goals.

Highlights from last night.....(It appears as though I finally fixed the sound issues on these videos. It's a different setup than years past, so it's taking me a bit to work out the kinks.... obviously this is not my profession)

Ho-Sang and Dal Colle Highlights to follow.......

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
FYI Sam Povorozniouk had 1 goal and 2 assists in his first 7 games. Then he was paired with Josh Ho Sang.... He has 5 goals in his last 4 games (JHS has an assist on every single one of them) 4 of those goals are Power Play goals.

Hes the Moulson to Ho Sangs Tavares

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
October 25
Windsor 5, Mississauga 4 (OT)-JSH, 1 goal (3), even.
Kitchener 5, Plymouth 3-VCR, even.
Swift Current 2, Regina 1-Burroughs, even.
Michigan Tech 2, Ferris State 1-Schempp, 1 assist, + 1.
Notre Dame 7, Niagara 0-Russo, 2 assists, + 2.
BU 3, Michigan 2-Somerby, 1 assist, + 1.
Minnesota State 4, Alabama-Huntsville 1-Williams, 7 saves, 8 shots (not a typo).
Minnesota 5, Bemidji State 3-Cammarata, 1 assist, + 1, Bischoff, - 2.

Last edited:

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
October 24

Ruslan is a pretty good player too, and I know he was skating with Andrey and a few others with some Isles staff during the summer, wouldn't be surprised to see him at our development camp next summer.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Nice to see Cammarata start scoring, I know he is somewhat of a long shot to make our team but he has potential. I believe he started off the season scoreless in 2 games but now has 4 points in 4 games

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
October 25
Windsor 5, Mississauga 4 (OT)-JSH, 1 goal (3), even.
Kitchener 5, Plymouth 3-VCR, even.
Swift Current 2, Regina 1-Burroughs, even.
Michigan Tech 2, Ferris State 1-Schempp, 1 assist, + 1.
Notre Dame 7, Niagara 0-Russo, 2 assists, + 2.
BU 3, Michigan 2-Somerby, 1 assist, + 1.
Minnesota State 4, Alabama-Huntsville 1-Williams, 7 saves, 8 shots (not a typo).

The Ho Sang Goal was a fun one to watch, Coast 2 Coast.... I like the celebration too (sue me).

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
The Ho Sang Goal was a fun one to watch, Coast 2 Coast.... I like the celebration too (sue me).

You go coast-to-coast and pot a beauty like that, you can celebrate any way you want to!

I fore one think the NHL needs more players like Ho-Sang. People are drawn to it. Look at the NFL that is chock full of personalities and that plays a role in its popularity.

If the NHL stopped making the Subbans of the league the "heel" and instead, run with it....

scott99

May 13, 2005

Celebration was a bit silly, I love his personality, but he's gotta stop celebrating in front of the other teams bench. Someone is gonna take his head off on his next shift. Call me old school, but I loved Barry Sanders in football. Asked why he didn't celebrate after TDs, he said his dad told him to act like youve been there before (the end zone). I love Ho-Sang's enthusiasm, his personality, but I worry for his safety. I know if I was the opponent, I'd wanna rip his head off on the next shift.

On a side note, old time Isle's fans, tell me that goal didn't look like a Pat Lafontaine goal from back in the late 80's. That speed and finishing move, oh my.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
You go coast-to-coast and pot a beauty like that, you can celebrate any way you want to!

I fore one think the NHL needs more players like Ho-Sang. People are drawn to it. Look at the NFL that is chock full of personalities and that plays a role in its popularity.

If the NHL stopped making the Subbans of the league the "heel" and instead, run with it....

i agree with you. let the guys celebrate, as long as they aren't taunting the opposition, i am ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad