Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
With all the injuries we've been sustaining, might as well bring Pulock up to the NHL in advance. Let him get his meetings in and get a game in against Buffalo. They're basically an AHL team too so he won't be over his head.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 9
SM-Liiga Semi Final
Karpat 2, SaiPa 1 (OT)- Pokka, 1 assist (first assist on winning goal, OT).
Karpat wins series 4-1, advance to SM-Liiga Finals, opponent and dates TBA

Tonight's Games
Rimouski at Blainville-Broisbriand
Edmonton at Brandon

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pokka's OT assist.(sry about music, not my video)

Damn, that's a beautiful pass. It's like watching a RH CdH make a similar pass. I really hope Pokka comes over for next season. He is the wild card of the defense prospects and could be a really good one.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Damn, that's a beautiful pass. It's like watching a RH CdH make a similar pass. I really hope Pokka comes over for next season. He is the wild card of the defense prospects and could be a really good one.

Wild card as for making the roster out of camp next season or in general?

Pokka has some nices tools and thinks the game at a high level, but from what I've gathered he is going to have to improve his foot speed, and I think a season in the AHL would do him good.

Imagine if Griff starts the year in the AHL, the D corps could looks something like this.

Reinhart-Pulock
Czuczman-Mayfield
Pelech-Pokka

Pedan, Leduc, Graham in the ECHL

:amazed:

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa

Pokka has some nices tools and thinks the game at a high level, but from what I've gathered he is going to have to improve his foot speed, and I think a season in the AHL would do him good.

Imagine if Griff starts the year in the AHL, the D corps could looks something like this.

Reinhart-Pulock
Czuczman-Mayfield
Pelech-Pokka

This depth is insane.

Under normal circumstances, you might guess that a deal should happen to move one or two of these pieces for immediate help...but there's just so much quality there that a deal WILL happen, it just has to- there's not enough quality minutes to develop all these guys properly...

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 9
Blainville-Broisbriand 5, Rimouski 1-Leduc, even. Series tied. 2-2.
Brandon 5, Edmonton 2-Pulock, + 3, Reinhart, even. Edmonton leads series 3-1.

Last edited:

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
I dont know what to think about Pokka. A player for sure, but lacks speed and power..........well see.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
NCAA Frozen Four, both games on ESPN 2

Union vs Boston College (Demko), 5 PM
North Dakota vs Minnesota, (Cammarata, Bischoff), 8:30 PM

Championship Game, Saturday, 7:30 PM, ESPN

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
This depth is insane.

Under normal circumstances, you might guess that a deal should happen to move one or two of these pieces for immediate help...but there's just so much quality there that a deal WILL happen, it just has to- there's not enough quality minutes to develop all these guys properly...

Well Reinhart will be in the NHL, so that will open up one spot for Pedan. The others can go back to Junior for another year. No reason to make room yet.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Well Reinhart will be in the NHL, so that will open up one spot for Pedan. The others can go back to Junior for another year. No reason to make room yet.

Pelech, Pulock and potentially Pokka will be in Bridgeport next season, unless they look fantastic and are shot straight to the NHL.

I reckon Bridgeport will be in some form or combination:

LD: Czuczman, Pelech, Pedan
RD: Mayfield, Pulock, Pokka

Which would be some really talented kids playing in the AHL for us. It should be of real benefit if through the season when we have some injuries at some point, that we can call upon some really talented players to fill holes, rather than signing the likes of Martinek.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011

Reinhart-Pulock
Czuczman-Mayfield
Pelech-Pokka

you're also forgetting

Donovan, Ness and Finley, Burroughs, Somerby, Russo, Cantin, Bischoff :cool: Unless of course you are counting Donovan and Ness in the NHL?

t

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Reinhart-Pulock
Czuczman-Mayfield
Pelech-Pokka

I consider Pokka the wildcard because we don't know all that much about him. We get plenty of coverage of our North American prospects, but hear little about our boys overseas.

It's taken a long time, but we're finally developing some talented depth on the blue line. It's another year or two from being ripe enough to go fully homegrown on the back end, but it's looking that way.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Donovan, Ness and Finley, Burroughs, Somerby, Russo, Cantin, Bischoff :cool: Unless of course you are counting Donovan and Ness in the NHL?

Ness will be a RFA, my guess is we don't attempt to resign him

Burroughs, Sumerby and Bischoff will all remain in their respective leagues

Finley I believe is a UFA, my guess is he sees the numbers and signs elsewhere(my guess is some team will see his value int he AHL and offer him way more money then Wang is willing to pay for an AHL player)

I guess the next question is what do we do with Graham and Leduc? who are both allowed to play PRO next season. Do we sign them or let them re-enter the draft

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
you're also forgetting

t

My guess is Donovan will be the #7 or 8 in the NHL. Ness will be gone(RFA). Finley could be gone(UFA), but they'll probably want at least one veteran around so who knows. Burroughs will be in Regina(he'll only be 19). Somerby, Russo and Bischoff will most likely play another year in college(Bischoff and Somerby were both 1st year players - no reason why either of them couldn't get at least another year). Cantin spent time in the ECHL this year, and I'd imagine he could spend more time there next year.

scott99

May 13, 2005
NCAA Frozen Four, both games on ESPN 2

Union vs Boston College (Demko), 5 PM
North Dakota vs Minnesota, (Cammarata, Bischoff), 8:30 PM

Championship Game, Saturday, 7:30 PM, ESPN

Thanks for this Rex ! I'm hoping for a Minnesota/BC Championship Game. Though if Demko doesn't shine, maybe he'll slip to us in the 2nd round.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Pelech, Pulock and potentially Pokka will be in Bridgeport next season, unless they look fantastic and are shot straight to the NHL.

I reckon Bridgeport will be in some form or combination:

LD: Czuczman, Pelech, Pedan
RD: Mayfield, Pulock, Pokka

Which would be some really talented kids playing in the AHL for us. It should be of real benefit if through the season when we have some injuries at some point, that we can call upon some really talented players to fill holes, rather than signing the likes of Martinek.

Don't forget, these guys hold their future in their own hands. IF some of them have GREAT camps, how do you send them down. Czuczman & Mayfield already have had a taste of the NHL, what if they have great camps. What if Pokka or Pulock have great camps. It should be interesting, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Czuczman, Reinhart and Pulock on the Isle's blueline in October 2015.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Don't forget, these guys hold their future in their own hands. IF some of them have GREAT camps, how do you send them down. Czuczman & Mayfield already have had a taste of the NHL, what if they have great camps. What if Pokka or Pulock have great camps. It should be interesting, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Czuczman, Reinhart and Pulock on the Isle's blueline in October 2015.

I think Reinhart and Church will compete for the only available spot. Pulock COULD get a look if he has a big camp, but IMO it's a long shot for two rookies. This is all assuming that no UFA is brought in:

de Haan - Hamonic
Reinhart/Czuczman - Visnovsky
Hickey - Strait
x - Donovan; Carkner

That's my guess, with the loser of Reinhart/Church going to Bridgeport. I'm also assuming that one of Pulock, Pokka or Mayfield will earn a spot by December/January. Either when Visnovsky goes down, or if they decide to try to upgrade from Strait. Chances are, one of those three prospects will be separating themselves from the pack by then.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pokka will be that guy.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York

I think Reinhart and Church will compete for the only available spot. Pulock COULD get a look if he has a big camp, but IMO it's a long shot for two rookies. This is all assuming that no UFA is brought in:

de Haan - Hamonic
Reinhart/Czuczman - Visnovsky
Hickey - Strait
x - Donovan; Carkner

That's my guess, with the loser of Reinhart/Church going to Bridgeport. I'm also assuming that one of Pulock, Pokka or Mayfield will earn a spot by December/January. Either when Visnovsky goes down, or if they decide to try to upgrade from Strait. Chances are, one of those three prospects will be separating themselves from the pack by then.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pokka will be that guy.

That's just it. The main difference between our past years and from next year going forward, we're going to have some real prospects on the doorstep of the NHL to be capable of stepping in for any injuries or better still, good play by someone in the AHL or someone on the NHL roster not performing.

I look forward to the day when we feel really good about our guys in Bridgeport to the point someone like Carkner or Strait is placed on waivers to allow one of our prospects to step up. That day isn't far away because the depth of prospects in Bridgeport should be great from next year going forward.

Our defense should get better and better every year now for the foreseeable future

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
That's just it. The main difference between our past years and from next year going forward, we're going to have some real prospects on the doorstep of the NHL to be capable of stepping in for any injuries or better still, good play by someone in the AHL or someone on the NHL roster not performing.

I look forward to the day when we feel really good about our guys in Bridgeport to the point someone like Carkner or Strait is placed on waivers to allow one of our prospects to step up. That day isn't far away because the depth of prospects in Bridgeport should be great from next year going forward.

Our defense should get better and better every year now for the foreseeable future

Things should actually work out pretty perfectly. My expectation is that the big-4 of Reinhart, Pulock, Pelech and Pokka will all earn their spots pretty quickly(within the next 1-2 years). After that, things should open up in Bridgeport for our 'project' D-men to get spots: Burroughs, Leduc, Graham, Somerby, etc. Guys we can afford to give all the time in the world too.

This doesn't even take into account guys like Mayfield and Pedan, who should be able to provide real NHL depth while the other guys are left alone to develop their games. If all goes well, our system defensively could end up looking like this in a few years:

de Haan - Hamonic
Reinhart - Pulock
Pelech - Pokka
x - Hickey; Donovan

Pedan - Mayfield(the NHL emergency callups)
Somerby - Burroughs
Leduc - Graham

The bottom-4 guys getting as much time as they need. Lots of potential there, even towards the bottom of that Bridgeport group.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Love hearing about the prospects, i really hope they all pan out, but if this team comes into October with a d that includes more than one rookie, it's going to be another long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad