Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I think Reinhart and Church will compete for the only available spot. Pulock COULD get a look if he has a big camp, but IMO it's a long shot for two rookies. This is all assuming that no UFA is brought in:

de Haan - Hamonic
Reinhart/Czuczman - Visnovsky
Hickey - Strait
x - Donovan; Carkner

That's my guess, with the loser of Reinhart/Church going to Bridgeport. I'm also assuming that one of Pulock, Pokka or Mayfield will earn a spot by December/January. Either when Visnovsky goes down, or if they decide to try to upgrade from Strait. Chances are, one of those three prospects will be separating themselves from the pack by then.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pokka will be that guy.

If that is our defense next year I will be very very upset. Please for the love of god add a proven top-4 defenseman. Please tell me Garth learned his lessen when he expected Donavan to step in for Streit. Please tell me our season isn't going to depend on Visnovsky playing 70+ games.

I don't care how highly touted the rookie is, you cannot count on them playing a significant role.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If that is our defense next year I will be very very upset. Please for the love of god add a proven top-4 defenseman. Please tell me Garth learned his lessen when he expected Donavan to step in for Streit. Please tell me our season isn't going to depend on Visnovsky playing 70+ games.

I don't care how highly touted the rookie is, you cannot count on them playing a significant role.

If we are to assume (and this is a giant assumption) that Garth plans on spending the $$$ potentially earmarked for Vanek, would you rather it be for a Top 4 Dman or a Top 6 Fwd?

I think we spend for a goalie first and then a Forward. Unless Hickey or Strait are to be jettisoned, There needs to be a spot for Reinhart. And with Pokka and Pulock probably ready mid-season (or the start of the 2015 season), I just don't see them spending big money for a top 4 dman, which will likely cost >$5m. More likely, its one more year of the young guys getting thrown into the deepend.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
March 10
NCAA Frozen Four, Semi Final
Minnesota 2, North Dakota 1-Cammarata, - 1.
Minnesota scores short handed goal with 0.6 remaining in regulation.

Championship Game, Saturday, 7:30 PM, ESPN
Minnesota vs Union

Last edited:

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Craig button just tweeted that Edmonton will trade it's pick to the isles for griffin reinhart if ekblad is not available. Really hope this doesn't happen.

(Mod Edit: Twitter Links Added)
https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/status/454448905569042432
So @NHLonTSN talk to @EdmontonOilers GM about trading 1st pick. My to Islanders for Griffin Reinhart. 4 yrs @OilKingsHockey. Know him well

https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/status/454449833479110657
Further to my , Griffin Reinhart is 20. Reminds me of @HockeyHallFame player Serge Savard. Smart, calm, poised, efficient, competes & wins.

https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/status/454456460080988160
Further, further to my only trade pick IF Ekblad is not there. That is my qualifier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Craig button just tweeted that Edmonton will trade it's pick to the isles for griffin reinhart if ekblad is not available. Really hope this doesn't happen.

Lol...was just going to post this...he also said that he doesn't know if the Isles would do it

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Remember all the last-minute rumors that EDM might take Reinhart over Yakupov at #1? They're probably wishing that they did.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hate to say it, but it would take more than Edmonton's #1 pick to land Griffin Reinhart. He's more of a lock now to be a sure thing than he was 2 years ago on draft day.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Hate to say it, but it would take more than Edmonton's #1 pick to land Griffin Reinhart. He's more of a lock now to be a sure thing than he was 2 years ago on draft day.

Agreed. You want Reinhart - you need to pay BIG TIME.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
we aren't in a position to trade D that could potentially be top1-2...Reinhart's floor is top 4. We just can't do that. I think Oilers should use Ganger or Yaks in a trade to bring in a top 4 then trade with us for some of our overflow like Ness, Donovan, Pedan, Mayfield. I'd give them Bailey, Ness and one of Pedan or Mayfield for their 1 st pick + 2nd 2015. Then they are set on the blueline. It was never goal scoring they needed..just like us..they need more d and a goalie...although they might have addressed the goalie part.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
He didn't say that, he said that EDM should do that if they're going to trade their pick. Basically isn't taking the Islanders needs into consideration at all.

Which is amazing, since the Islanders have the same need on defense and less need for a young center than Edmonton. If it makes sense for Edmonton, there is no way it would be good for the Isles.

Basically, this tweet was the same as someone saying he thinks the Isles should trade Josh Bailey for Shea Weber.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Which is amazing, since the Islanders have the same need on defense and less need for a young center than Edmonton. If it makes sense for Edmonton, there is no way it would be good for the Isles.

Basically, this tweet was the same as someone saying he thinks the Isles should trade Josh Bailey for Shea Weber.

It's Button doing a Dreger. Of course they don't consider the needs of the Isles, they don't care about us. It's just like a homer HF poster, 'oh, let's fleece the Isles because they're a joke'. It's getting old.

For once, it would be nice if someone suggested something where we do the fleecing, but with our circus management - it's to be expected.

I also enjoy the homers who say it's a brutal deal for Edmonton.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Guys & Gals, when sourcing from Twitter, TSN or any other rumors or site, you must include links to the various items and not simply just post the tweet. I've gone ahead and add the Twitter links for the GF discussion from Button.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bingo. It didn't sound like they really wanted Yakupov, but had no choice drafting him 1st overall because it would have looked terrible not to. They really wanted Reinhart, there were rumors that they were going to take him 1st overall. Glad they didn't :yo:

Possibly the worst thing was that Edmonton won that lottery, if they stayed second they might have passed on Murray and taken Griff.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Bingo. It didn't sound like they really wanted Yakupov, but had no choice drafting him 1st overall because it would have looked terrible not to. They really wanted Reinhart, there were rumors that they were going to take him 1st overall. Glad they didn't :yo:

Possibly the worst thing was that Edmonton won that lottery, if they stayed second they might have passed on Murray and taken Griff.

The way I heard it was that Edmonton wanted Murray, but was overruled by Katz to select Yakupov. I do think that there was definite consideration for Reinhart since he plays for the Oil Kings. Reinhart is not sexy, but he's a horse and exactly what they needed playing right underneath their noses so you have to think they scouted him more than anyone else.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
The way I heard it was that Edmonton wanted Murray, but was overruled by Katz to select Yakupov. I do think that there was definite consideration for Reinhart since he plays for the Oil Kings. Reinhart is not sexy, but he's a horse and exactly what they needed playing right underneath their noses so you have to think they scouted him more than anyone else.

True they may have wanted Murray, from listening to Edmonton radio leading up to the draft there was a lot of support for Griff.

This year on Edmonton radio there is a lot of Draisaitl hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad